The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Ridiculous incident in Shaktar's game, they were given a drop ball in order to return it to the danish side..instead they choose to kick the ball to their striker who rounded the keeper and scored, then they decided to give the other side a goal in typical fair play fashion, then changed their mind and decided nah f*** it, intercepted the ball and kept on playing :lol:

Guest bimpy474

didn't maratimo just play on from a drop ball against us?

Aye and Bigi got booked for the tackle to stop the player running away with the ball. It was a good tackle too.

Isn't there now a good possibility both City and Chelsea will be forced to endure the 'humiliation' of Europa League footy, with ourselves consequently dumped by ESPN in favour of the money boys?

ITV get first choice, will probably be the 6pm/8pm combo across both channels

Can anyone explain to me why ITV were saying Shaktar are definitely through? Doesn't make any sense.

It's head to head, not goal difference, Chelsea can't go past them.

Shakhtar 2 - 1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 2 Shakhtar

So I'm guessing if they do finish on 10 each the head to head goes off some sort of away goals thing, which would send Shakhtar through?

Can anyone explain to me why ITV were saying Shaktar are definitely through? Doesn't make any sense.

It's head to head, not goal difference, Chelsea can't go past them.

Shakhtar 2 - 1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 2 Shakhtar

So I'm guessing if they do finish on 10 each the head to head goes off some sort of away goals thing, which would send Shakhtar through?

:nods:

And frankly, I find that ridiculous. I dislike the away goal rule in the later rounds but for it to matter this much in a group is just proper shite.

Tbf Shakhtar have a far superior goal difference as well even if Chelsea won it's quite unlikely they would better Shakhtar's goal difference.

Anyway it's blatant the Shakhtar and Juve game will be a draw :lol:

Aye, in this case it probably wouldn't matter, but it's still daft. Like I said, I don't like the away goal rule at all, a goal is a goal no matter where it is scored IMO.