The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Another game towards the sack for Mancini.

It'll be Guardiola.

Don't think he'll go there tbh.

His expedition force has already arrived.

Digging tunnels under Mancini as we speak.

Wonder how far PSG will go...

A lot rests on Zlatan which is a familiar story with him and i don't think he can carry them to the latter stages having said that he actually has a manager who understands he isn't a target man so we will see i suppose.

Dortmund reminded me of us at the weekend btw  :lol: far too negative once they got the lead and sat back too much too soon.

They should still top the group though and it will be great if they can reach the latter stages.

A lot rests on Zlatan which is a familiar story with him and i don't think he can carry them to the latter stages having said that he actually has a manager who understands he isn't a target man so we will see i suppose.

Dortmund reminded me of us at the weekend btw  :lol: far too negative once they got the lead and sat back too much too soon.

They should still top the group though and it will be great if they can reach the latter stages.

I fucking wish I was reminded of us watching Dortmund :lol:

Balotelli actually dived for the penalty IMO.

His shirt was being tugged and it was idiotic defending so for that I guess it should have been a penalty. But it's a completely unnatural fall after that once he's stopped having his shirt pulled. :lol:

Man City may want to think more about how they've not been anywhere near good enough.

I f***ing wish I was reminded of us watching Dortmund :lol:

I meant in the way that they sat back too deep too soon :lol: the only way we can play like Dortmund is in Football Manager :lol:

?? Dont necessarily agree that they rely on Zlatan. Sure he's one of their most important players, but rely on him? They have relied much more on Sirigu this season tbh. The man has made some unbelievable saves since their fullbacks aren't up for it. Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Motta, Zlatan is a great spine to build a winning team. Lavezzi, Pastore, Menez, Nene, Gameiro and Hoarau are all very very good offensive players.

I definitely think they can go further than quarterfinals and that even if Zlatan would be injured. They have so much depth. It all depends on who they play.

I don't agree. Zlatan can be in decent form and I still think they'd have a good chance of reaching the semifinals. They're not my favourites, but they have enough depth to make noise.

They have the best defender in the world, along with a goalkeeper who keeps developing. They also have one of the best offensive players in the world such as Pastore and Lavezzi (although he has had a rough start to the season)

Offensively at the moment its Zlatan or nobody sure Lavezzi, Nene, Menez, Pastore, Gamiero might be nice names but they are not producing and haven't done all season.

If Zlatan doesn't do something then PSG struggle i agree defensively they have a nice platform to build from and will be hard to break down.

But going forward it's all Zlatan at the moment which was the same at Inter and Milan and eventually those teams fell short due to over reliance on Zlatan.

If you go through all PSG's games this season pretty much all of the goals have either been set up by Ibra or scored by Ibra.

Honestly out of the players that have mentioned the closest player as far as offensive importance to PSG to Ibra is Verratti who has been outstanding.

I don't agree. Zlatan can be in decent form and I still think they'd have a good chance of reaching the semifinals. They're not my favourites, but they have enough depth to make noise.

They have the best defender in the world, along with a goalkeeper who keeps developing. They also have one of the best offensive players in the world such as Pastore and Lavezzi (although he has had a rough start to the season)

I agree, they do have some very good players even though they're not in form at the moment, but they're not at Zlatans level, especially not on consistent basis. Their offensive players that is.

And it's a big difference between "Ibra in decent form" and Ibra injured as you mentioned at first.

PSG have the Brazilian midfielder/winger Moura arriving in January I think. He cost a lot 40M Euro's and was wanted by Man U. If he lives up to his reputation and they strengthen in January they must have a serious chance of going a long way.

I agree, they do have some very good players even though they're not in form at the moment, but they're not at Zlatans level, especially not on consistent basis. Their offensive players that is.

And it's a big difference between "Ibra in decent form" and Ibra injured as you mentioned at first.

Obviously, what I meant though, is that even injured I can see them going further than the quarters. I don't think their CL campaign is purely based on Zlatan even if their start to the season as Mole said offensively has. I think they have to many quality players to rely on just one. Give players like Lavezzi, Lucas when he arrives time to adapt and they will be a force to reckon with come February, March.

I agree that they have the players who can threaten teams other than just Zlatan all i was saying is as of now they haven't stepped up to the plate if they do then fairplay.

I would be worried about them if Zlatan got suspended or injured for a big CL knockout game though as quality as Lavezzi and the likes are they are not CF's and while Gamiero is a good player he's not latter stage CL good.

Mind you they do supposedly want Falcao :lol: