The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Shame the ref couldn't just give a pen and not the red.

So a defender can just rugby tackle a striker 6 yards from goal to deny a striker a shot at goal and stay on the pitch?

And give away a penalty every time? Yes.

Then you just open it up for defenders to deliberately bring someone down knowing they'll get booked, and take the chance that the striker will miss. I hate this.

Why? The striker gets a chance at a 1v1, which is what he would have gotten if he wasn't fouled. The defender is booked and the game goes on. The punishment fits the crime because you're giving the striker the 1v1 he would have gotten. It's fair.

:thup:

So a defender can just rugby tackle a striker 6 yards from goal to deny a striker a shot at goal and stay on the pitch?

Then you just open it up for defenders to deliberately bring someone down knowing they'll get booked, and take the chance that the striker will miss. I hate this.

Why? The striker gets a chance at a 1v1, which is what he would have gotten if he wasn't fouled. The defender is booked and the game goes on. The punishment fits the crime because you're giving the striker the 1v1 he would have gotten. It's fair.

Of course it isn't :lol:

Koscielny stopped Djeko from having a shot from about 6 yards out by pulling him down by the waist. That's a red for me.

Guest neesy111

Koscielny stopped Djeko from having a shot from about 6 yards out by pulling him down by the waist. That's a red for me.

2-0