Fantasy Premier League 2012/13 - Join codes in OP

BlueStar

Using the wildcard before half way is very risky. I mean, you need to have made a serious hash of your initial selections if it's beneficial.

There are benefits.  I mean, look at it this way - use your wildcard in the last week and you only get the benefit of it for one week.  Use it two weeks before the end and you get the benefit for two weeks etc.

Plus, the players whoa er in form now are going to start getting more expensive.  The players who are going to get bored and stop playing after a few months are going to be making their only trasnfers of the game.  Players like Michu and Petric are going to have some of the sharpest price increases we'll see all season.  If you get these kind of players in now, you're going to end up with more money than your rivals by the midpoitn of the season.

Got it in one. I wasted a lot of points last year 'saving' the joker...Players in form? Get them in asap.

We all got a 2nd wildcard last year on week 2 anyway due to the site going down. If you wasted points you cant have been able to judge form to effectively after only the first weekend no?

new to this fantasy stuff.. What makes a players value change? The players performance or amount of ownership?

Transfers in/out.  More transfers in>price goes up, more transfers out>price goes down.  If you have the player, you can sell for the original price plus/minus half of the change.  So if you bought for 10, they went up to 11, you sell for 10.5.  This supposedly emulates a 'sell on fee'.

Damn, I'm already loaded with Chelsea players and now they're going to buy Moses.

So, am I going to be allowed to have 4 Chelsea players or forced to sell? What if they buy another of my players and I go into a week with 5 Chelsea players, would I then be forced to make two transfers and take the 4 point penalty?

Damn, I'm already loaded with Chelsea players and now they're going to buy Moses.

So, am I going to be allowed to have 4 Chelsea players or forced to sell? What if they buy another of my players and I go into a week with 5 Chelsea players, would I then be forced to make two transfers and take the 4 point penalty?

If you already have Moses and he goes to Chelsea, you can have four Chelsea players in your squad.  But next time you make transfers you won't be able to confirm them unless you've gone back to 3 maximum.

new to this fantasy stuff.. What makes a players value change? The players performance or amount of ownership?

Transfers in/out.  More transfers in>price goes up, more transfers out>price goes down.  If you have the player, you can sell for the original price plus/minus half of the change.  So if you bought for 10, they went up to 11, you sell for 10.5.  This supposedly emulates a 'sell on fee'.

thanks!

If you already have Moses and he goes to Chelsea, you can have four Chelsea players in your squad.  But next time you make transfers you won't be able to confirm them unless you've gone back to 3 maximum.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how they implemented/enforced the rule. 

Sahin for Liverpool... dunno what price they will hit him with (wild guess is around 8m), but do you reckon there's decent FF potential in him?

I doubt it, doesn't score goals and the Liverpool strikers are shit so won't really rack up the assists either

Guest Roger Kint

Just realized that I've actually got 4 Man Utd players in my team because RVP was still at Arsenal. I've beaten the system. :shifty:

Does it not force you to change it when you go to make a transfer? Think it used to stop you from continuing a few years ago.

Just realized that I've actually got 4 Man Utd players in my team because RVP was still at Arsenal. I've beaten the system. :shifty:

Does it not force you to change it when you go to make a transfer? Think it used to stop you from continuing a few years ago.

Aye it did.

Played my wildcard as well now. Really shit team selection I've had. Great team now imo.

Krul

Terry

Huth

S. Taylor

Ben Arfa

Hazard

Cleverly

Nolan

Pogrebnyak

Rooney

RVP ©