Fenerbahce 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 21/07/2012

Fenham Mag

That number 9 for them was very good, made all their chances & got the assist.

Anyway, we pressed them well off the all. Looks like a good understanding like last year, positive stuff. Nice for Abeid to.

This is Miroslav Stoch, Ex-Chelsea player.

Hello Miroslav, welcome to the forum!

;D

LOL

Think I included everyone (bar Elliot). Anyway. Good game. Looks overall really good. Especially Sammy, Bigi, Cisse and Tiote was just great :D

Impressed:

Tioté, Cissé, Sammy, Tav, Bigi

Did ok/good:

Colo, Simpson, Santon, Abeid, Jonas, Gosling

Nah. Not good enough/expected more:

Vuckic, Raylor, Marv, Obertan, Shola, Ba

That number 9 for them was very good, made all their chances & got the assist.

Anyway, we pressed them well off the all. Looks like a good understanding like last year, positive stuff. Nice for Abeid to.

This is Miroslav Stoch, Ex-Chelsea player.

Hello Miroslav, welcome to the forum!

Played

:lol:

Positives

Colo and Tiote playing like they'd never been away as did.

Ba looked sharp at times, though suffered from being the main outlet during our poorest periods.

Cisse when he came on looked brilliant.

Santon looked good when he came on

Of the less well observed players

Tav played well

Gosling ok

Bigi looked good

Abeid looked good but not long on pitch, still very well taken goal

Sammy looked rather good, still needed a bit of end product

Negatives

Vuckic of course didn't deserve flack, but didn't take this opportunity

Marveaux didn't do enough either imo, looked very tidy and sharp jsut didn't have enough game time

Obertan is still shit.

Enjoyed watching that tbh.

Stand out performers were Tiote who absolutely bossed it and Tavernier. Tavernier looks to be maturing really well and was looking very assured on the ball as well as a good defender. Seems to have bulked up well too.

Gosling was quite decent, seemed to have another yard of pace about him and got around well. Bigirimana and Abeid are stepping up to the plate well. Sadly I think Obertan is a lost cause now really.

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Mehdi abeid was the man for us tonight. Come in and score. Was also happy to see my man @19Sow , missed him! Glad to go back home...

9:32 PM - 21 Jul 12

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

thought vuckic had a shocker...offer snothing to the team. Ba was ave, but no service. bigi wasmt as good as last game....maslaid some passes.  Gosling was as ave as normal.....def not a first 11 contender.

Even game vs side who would make top half of prem lge.

Think I included everyone (bar Elliot). Anyway. Good game. Looks overall really good. Especially Sammy, Bigi, Cisse and Tiote was just great :D

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

I'd agree with pretty much all of that. Obertan and Vuckic lacked courage. Ba looked slow and we looked better when Cisse came on and gave us that extra movement.

Sammy could be playing himself into the first team.

Guest VaVaVoom

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

I'd agree with pretty much all of that. Obertan and Vuckic lacked courage. Ba looked slow and we looked better when Cisse came on and gave us that extra movement.

Sammy looked really dangerous. Imho has looked the best of the strikers so far in pre-season aside of Cisses classy run out today.

Ba has a problem playing in on the left and Sameobi would do a canny job.

I've said it befoe and to many its laughable but i think we should let Ba go.

There is almost 10 days left for this "buyout" clause to be activated. 8mil? Cheers for the goals Demba....Sameobi---Cisse---Ben Arfa our starting front three against Spurs. Shola as backup to play through the middle and a new striker who can play out wide as well.

Could work ya know.

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

Sammy looked really dangerous. Imho has looked the best of the strikers so far in pre-season aside of Cisses classy run out today.

There is almost 10 days left for this "buyout" clause to be activated. 8mil? Cheers for the goals Demba....Sameobi---Cisse---Ben Arfa our starting front three against Spurs. Shola as backup to play through the middle and a new striker who can play out wide as well.

Could work ya know.

while it's a could and not a would, i'd keep Ba. not the end of the world should he leave but given the choice, keep him.

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

Could work ya know.

:yao:

Guest andrew

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

Could work ya know.

Actually considering playing Sammy Ameobi over Demba ba :lol: :lol:

such a ridiculous post. short term memories. i think ba will end up getting a lot of unfair stick this season.

Impressed:

Did ok/good:

Could work ya know.

:lol:

Tit. You paid that 50 quid yet?

Guest Craig-NUFC

Suggesting selling our topscorer to replace him with a young squad player with little experience, who would be playing out of position?

Surely on the windup.

Suggesting selling our topscorer to replace him with a young squad player with little experience, who would be playing out of position?

Surely on the windup.

agree with most of that but would he be out of position ? reckon he could play anywhere across the front.

Shola was atrocious :D It was one of those where his first touch when he came on was shocking and then you just knew what was about to happen. Good to know the big man still has those little horror shows still in him as I was beginning to believe he could do no wrong.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Sammy looks like left of a front three would be his best spot.

The post was intensely stupid all the same.

He should stop growing tbf to him.

Sammy was good, pleased for the lad because I've seen a few posts recently slagging him off from his cameos last season. Gosling was better than shit which is progress and Abeid & Bigi look like they would fit in - not sure we need to buy another centre midfielder if it's going to stunt any of their progression, especially with Amalfitano to come back in as third choice behind Cabaye & Tiote. Furthermore, Vuckic probably had his best game last season in centre midfield, certainly a lot better than the shower of shit he served up tonight, so lots of options.

Marveaux looked decent, his brain is working better than his body at the moment but hopefully he can stay fit and we'll get to see the best of him. Ba had the ball hoofed at him, Cisse looked lively and Jonas ran about a lot. The defence were all pretty good except Raylor who still isn't a left back. Shola & Obertan were terrible.

On the basis of what we saw tonight, Cisse and Sammy were our best attacking options and looked like a potential combination, either in a 2 or a 3 man attack.

As for Ba, I'd like him to stay but he needs to fight for his place and I sense that he's not happy to do that. It's the first team or nothing for him. In which case, he can go.

Was really encouraged by the performance today, quite a high tempo today and the players got a good workout.  Colo, Cisse and particularly Tiote were awesome and some of the fringe players did a great job.  Really like the look of Bigi and Tavernier and think they definitely have the potential to step up this season.  Gosling had a good game also which was nice to see as the lad takes quite a lot of stick but he's still young and could come good.  Sammy looked good also and Mehdi Abeid took his goal really well with a bit of strength then a composed finish - looked good in a more advanced position but early days obviously.

Everyone did alright apart from Shola (as much as I love him I'm never surprised if he has a poor game) and Vuckic who took a right old ribbing from the commentators.  Bad day for him but he still has a lot of potential, would love to see him carry it through.

EDIT: Oh yeah I missed Obermong, he was turd too.

Was really encouraged by the performance today, quite a high tempo today and the players got a good workout. Colo, Cisse and particularly Tiote were awesome and some of the fringe players did a great job.  Really like the look of Bigi and Tavernier and think they definitely have the potential to step up this season.  Gosling had a good game also which was nice to see as the lad takes quite a lot of stick but he's still young and could come good.  Sammy looked good also and Mehdi Abeid took his goal really well with a bit of strength then a composed finish - looked good in a more advanced position but early days obviously.

Everyone did alright apart from Shola (as much as I love him I'm never surprised if he has a poor game) and Vuckic who took a right old ribbing from the commentators.  Bad day for him but he still has a lot of potential, would love to see him carry it through.

EDIT: Oh yeah I missed Obermong, he was turd too.

yes but for differing reasons, colo just read everything and played well within himself, tiote played like he plays every game......cisse, bloody hell. i was wondering if we'd caught a player in form but no. for a player with little or no close season training he was straight for goal, dangerous without effort. unless we get into the champs league this season he's off because we'll have offers to good to turn down.