ADO Den Haag 0-0 Newcastle United (FT) 8/4/12

joeyt

I don't usually slag off our players but I can't believe the praise i'm hearing for Obertan on here from some quarters. They guys got pace and good feet and there it stops. He makes the wrong decision 9 times out of 10.  He just played a short backpass to Raylor cos he'd run out of ideas but the ball put Raylor under immediate pressure and he lost the ball, Obertan just stood and watch as all this happened. Then when he's free of the last defender he fires a ball across the goalmouth without any regard as to wether there was anyone there or not, Cisse was about 10 yars behind the ball. He's never going to make it at this level imo.

As to 4-4-2, it's still not working well. Even with Cabaye and Ben Arfa instead of Vuckic and Obertan I'd have worries about it. And most of all, outside our first choice 13/14 we have little left to offer.

Eh, where was this? :lol:

Key word was SOME Dave.

Looks like the Obertan renaissance is happening :frantic:

Think Obertan has had quite a good pre season to be fair. Certianly goes into the season better prepared than HBA.

Obertan's been our most dangerous player!

Well done Obertan

'Praise'. :lol:

Anyway I was being serious, I haven't been in. :razz:

Good start to the half from Vuckic.

:thup:

I thought he was doing things simply in the first half keeping possession tick over but with Jonas there he does'nt need to do that.

He should be trying to drive forward and create things in the final third in his role quite frankly.

Cisse off-side all day, he was meant to be the most off-side player in the Bundesliga.

I heard he scored shit loads for us in the second half of last season.

You missed some cracking goals, mate.

But we all missed the off sides.