Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

Don't be shocked when the home team run out in red - its not the Wales team we're playing but the Bluebirds new home colours.

Eh? What's this about, like? First I've heard of it.

New owners believe teams in red have better mass market appeal.

Absolute horseshite that rebranding thing. Plastering company logos over your shirt is fine - that's the football world now. You can even (begrudgingly) accept the odd stadium being named after a sponsor. But what's gone on at Cardiff is just a step way, way too far. You can't be changing a kit after 104 years ffs.

Absolute horseshite that rebranding thing. Plastering company logos over your shirt is fine - that's the football world now. You can even (begrudgingly) accept the odd stadium being named after a sponsor. But what's gone on at Cardiff is just a step way, way too far. You can't be changing a kit after 104 years ffs.

Yes. Yes you can.

Yes. Yes you can.

I fucking hate football at times like.

You really have to blame Sky imo

Agree 100%, it's a disgrace.

Yes. Yes you can.

I fucking hate football at times like.

I wouldn't say it's solely Sky's fault. It's part of the whole globalisation of the game really, which Sky plays a part in.

Yes. Yes you can.

I f***ing hate football at times like.

I wouldn't say it's solely Sky's fault. It's part of the whole globalisation of the game really, which Sky plays a part in.

A massive part unfortunately.

I do wonder if it will ever burst or just grow to astronomical wages/fees etc

I'd blame the governing bodies tbh. There should be a written rule where you can't dismantle things like that; like listed buildings or English heritage sites.

The kit isn't just what they wear on matchdays to differentiate the teams. It's the entire history of the football club.

Not long til we're wearing red and blue stripes tbh

I can genuinely see it happening and we'll accept it because we'll have finished 3rd or something

It won't cos no one will buy it. However i am surprised it's not the shirt sponsor.

While we are in the PL and TV Money is climbing to insane levels stuff like that will never happen to us.

I know Ashley changed the name of the stadium, but i really can't see an outcome as long we remain in the prem where even such a proposal is even considered.

While we are in the PL and TV Money is climbing to insane levels stuff like that will never happen to us.

I know Ashley changed the name of the stadium, but i really can't see an outcome as long we remain in the prem where even such a proposal is even considered.

Newcastle is globally associated with Black and White stripes, it would be a marketing nightmare to change that.

Guest Realist

I can genuinely see it happening and we'll accept it because we'll have finished 3rd or something

Give over.

This.  It'll take silverware before I'll accept such a change.

Give over.

This.  It'll take silverware before I'll accept such a change.

:lol:

It will simply never happen.

MA has twice had the chance to put his SD shite on our shirts, he hasn't and has signed deal with Northern Rock and then Virgin Money. He also had the chance to get our kit made by one of his shite companies such as Lonsdale, he didn't, he signed a deal with PUMA.

There is no way he is going to change our kit to the Sports Direct colours for crying out loud.

Newcastle is globally associated with Black and White stripes, it would be a marketing nightmare to change that.

Yep

If we won the double I still wouldn't accept it TBH.

And yep.