Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

City have a couple more options than us. :lol:

Maybe this is why we want Anita, because Cabaye is crocked. :pow:

Aye, still though i don't see how you need much of a pre-season if you play an important part in the Euros.

Even so though, Spurs will missing a lot of players too. Nothing to get majorly concerned over.

:serious: It's 7 weeks since his last competitive game, man, of course pre-season is important.

I'm not sure what Spurs' situation is, nor what exactly it has to do with Cabaye's situation. :lol:

I'm aware of that but when you play in the Euro's or the World cup normally players don't have much of a pre-season usually as you are playing international football when the rest are on the beach.

I think he will start anyway, also i mentioned Spurs because thats who we are playing and even if we are missing players they are as well.

Aye, but Spurs' situation has zero bearing on the fact that Cabaye's lack of pre-season is quite clearly a concern, which is the point I'm arguing. :lol: FWIW I think the fact he has had a brief cameo earlier in pre-season, rather than no involvement at all, is quite telling; I'd assume the plan was to start easing him then, but something has since come up.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't be too surprised to see him next weekend, as he's quite clearly a very fit (in both instances of the word :naughty:) individual, I just think at this moment it's more likely that he won't start than he will.

Krul

Simpson S. Taylor Coloccini Santon

R. Taylor    Tiote

Obertan    Jonas      Marveaux

Shola

?

Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, S.Taylor, Santon, R.Taylor, Tiote, Marveaux, Gutierrez, Obertan, Sh.Ameobi

-------------------------------Krul---------------------------------------

Simpson------------Taylor----------Colo----------------------Santon-

------------------Taylor------Tiote-----Jonas---------------------------

-----Obertan---------------------------------------------Marveaux-----

---------------------------Ameobi----------------------------------------

...at a guess?

Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, S.Taylor, Santon, R.Taylor, Tiote, Marveaux, Gutierrez, Obertan, Sh.Ameobi

It's not that bad, with the 4 notable absentees that have already been mentioned aside it's pretty much full strength.

-------------------------------Krul---------------------------------------

Simpson------------Taylor----------Colo----------------------Santon-

------------------Taylor------Tiote-----Jonas---------------------------

-----Obertan---------------------------------------------Marveaux-----

---------------------------Ameobi----------------------------------------

...at a guess?

I would think so.

Obertan  :smugdog:

Will score today :pow:

Pretty strange going to Cardiff without 4 of your best players a week before the big kick off. Cabaye is probably injured, but very strange about Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa. Not confident at all before the Spurs game now.

Pretty strange going to Cardiff without 4 of your best players a week before the big kick off. Cabaye is probably injured, but very strange about Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa. Not confident at all before the Spurs game now.

I'd imagine there's nothing to worry about with Cisse and Ba and that they're both simply being rested.

Think some people are trying to read to much into this tbh. Cisse, Ba and HBA are just rested and I expect at least 2 of them to start against Spurs. Cabaye has a little injury that will hopefully be gone till next Saturday.

Guest bimpy474

Are Cisse and Ba not playing midweek for Senegal ?, that would explain them two not playing.

I'd imagine there's nothing to worry about with Cisse and Ba and that they're both simply being rested.

Why rest them now? Not played much at all in pre-season and didn't play against Hartlepool. And there's a weeks rest until the Spurs game. Don't understand this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they all fasting?... Maybe (it's a long shot i know) the club feel they need to take a different approach to their pre-season preparations...

Are Cisse and Ba not playing midweek for Senegal ?, that would explain them two not playing.

True! Didn't think remember that.

Guest bimpy474

Why rest them now? Not played much at all in pre-season and didn't play against Hartlepool. And there's a weeks rest until the Spurs game. Don't understand this.

Edit : Ignore this, just saw your reply to my other post.

There isn't a weeks rest between now and Spurs mate, lots of midweek international friendlies.

Guest bimpy474

Never thought we'd see Simpson, Raylor and Obertan in the same team like.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Well our 11 game unbeaten run at the start of last season was ok with them 3 in it. Know what you mean though.

I´m not really worried about our "big guns". But what is worrying me is that we haven ´t improved one bit. Simpson is still holding down the rb. Raylor is still basically first reserv too our midfields option. Jonas is still playing wide. Obertan is playing all the time, and if our Africans are away we have fucking Shola as our striker.

Goodness me..