Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Despite he's obviously naturally gifted its the simple things like giving a simple pass when it would be easy to dribble or shoot is what impresses me.

He plays the game like a seasoned pro.

For me thats whats make great players. Just do the simple things. Seriously, his short passing most be the best in this team, attacking wise.

:lol:

Despite he's obviously naturally gifted its the simple things like giving a simple pass when it would be easy to dribble or shoot is what impresses me.

For me thats whats make great players. Just do the simple things. Seriously, his short passing most be the best in this team, attacking wise.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Based on two games?

Yes.

He touched the ball about 3 times Yesterday, not entirely convinced we can claim he's the new Ronaldo yet.

No one is claiming that. We're claiming he's the new Xavi

That's fair. My mistake.

He touched the ball about 3 times Yesterday, not entirely convinced we can claim he's the new Ronaldo yet.

I think thats a bad comparison. Not sure what you are basing that on.

:lol:

I don't think his future will be as a striker, i'd love to see him played in the hole, behind Cisse. I think he'd like up the attack well, as well as get in the box.

Well they're both small ginger strikers

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/adam-campbell-s-focused-on-newcastle-united-role-1-5525238

ADAM Campbell’s focused on taking the next steps in his Newcastle United career – after making a stride forward with his country.

The teenager made his England Under-19s debut on Thursday night.

Campbell – who has broken through into Alan Pardew’s first-team squad at Newcastle this season – came off the bench in a 1-0 win over Turkey at Telford.

And he’s now hoping to get more games under his belt for United before the end of the season.

A year ago, the 18-year-old – who came off the bench in the club’s wins over against Anzhi Makhachkala and Stoke City – was fretting about getting into Newcastle’s FA Youth Cup squad.

And Campbell, a pacy and technically-gifted striker, admits his breakthrough this season has caught him by surprise.

“I just want to be involved as much as I can, but we’ve got some quality players in the team,” Campbell told the Gazette. “I’ve got to bide my time, and hopefully I’ll get in there.

“Last year, I was worrying if I was going to be in the Youth Cup squad.

“Now I’m playing in front of 50,000 at St James’s Park – it’s a dream come true.”

North Shields-born Campbell watched Andy Carroll break through into United’s first team, and he feels there’s a special bond between the club’s fans and homegrown players.

“It’s brilliant to know the fans are there with you cheering everything you do,” he added.

“I used to love it when Geordies came on, whether it was Andy Carroll or Sammy. It makes you feel that bit closer to the player when he’s homegrown. It’s nice to have them cheering us on.”

Campbell was roared on to the pitch against Anzhi and Stoke, and Pardew’s increasingly seeing him as a player who can have an impact late in a game.

“It gives the crowd a lift, and that lifts the whole team,” said Campbell. “It gives everyone that extra yard.

“It’s good to know the gaffer trusts you, and that the fans want to see you. They help you. The crowd like to see youngsters on the pitch.

“I’ve always been confident in my own ability.

“When you come on in front of that crowd, it’s hard to keep yourself calm. But you get a few touches, and everyone supports you.”

Campbell made his club debut in a Europa League qualifier against Atromitos in Athens in August, and his longest run-out yet came in the 1-0 win over Anzhi.

“It was the longest I’d been on the pitch for the first team, but the win was more important than me playing,” he said.

“It was great to get on the pitch. It was a special night for everyone."