Adam Campbell released

gbandit

From what I've seen of him, i don't think he has the touch required to play top level football. Shame but dems the facts

When I saw him play for the England youth sides a few years ago his touch was excellent, not sure what happened

Yeah this, it seems absurd that he is apparently now so poor (not disputing others observations). Wonder what happened.

We've given him 3 loan spells, clearly just not good enough you'd have expected something at least at that age at those levels if he was going to become something.

Carroll was never any use on loan from what I remember. Don't underestimate the effect of playing for your hometown club with your family in the stands.

Played in the Milk Cup alongside Rolando Aarons. Blew Aarons out of the water a few years ago, and got MVP for the tournament alongside some very, very talented players IIRC.

He may not make it, because he is so very tiny, but the guy has a quality finish and good pace. He's not been injured, so can only imagine it's a confidence thing if he looks like he has nothing.

• 2 months later...
Guest Roger Kint

Taster loan I guess. Is he even likely to play for them, are they having an injury crisis?

Arent they bottom of League 2? He cant be worse than what they have this season tbh

What is the point in 1 month loan deals, should be banned. All loans should be for a whole season.

What's Campbell gonna get, 2 sub appearances then dropped from the bench once some 30 year old journeyman recoveres from his injury. Bollocks that is.

What is the point in 1 month loan deals, should be banned. All loans should be for a whole season.

What's Campbell gonna get, 2 sub appearances then dropped from the bench once some 30 year old journeyman recoveres from his injury. Bollocks that is.

It's a good opprtunity for a youngster to get his foot in the door somewhere and the club doesn't have to take up one of its loan spots on a longer term deal that might not necessarily work out.

It's a youth loan so he will be able to play in our youth games while on loan. Any games for them would be a 'bonus', although there's some serious questions if he can't make it at the bottom club of the Football League. Not sure when's the deadline, but Streete had his one-month loan extended by another two months in early November. No biggie anyway since Campbell's loan runs til 20 December, not far from the January window.

Needs to actually do something when he goes on loan this time for the good of his career otherwise he may well struggle to find a league club next season. Can't imagine he'll get a new contract given the emergence of cheapsters like Arma, Ayozé, Aarons and the like.

Didn't know his contract is expiring this summer. With only a couple of League One and Two clubs interested in him plus his failure to impress during all his loans, I doubt he's going to get an extension. He needs to do well to earn his next contract post-NUFC.