Alan Pardew

Dave

442 for 20 mins, and fairly minimal hoofing (apart from a desperate last 10 mins).

Overalls I dont actually think it was the system or the style of play that last us the game, it was 5 of our 11 players having very poor days.

It started off as 4-4-2 then we lost all of our shape and it looked like like a case of every man for himself, the formation will not work with the players we've got and sticking to it is costing us.  We didn't make a tactical change after 20 minutes, we went to pieces.

No offence, but you're wrong :lol:

We 100% moved to 433 after they scored, and then moved to 4312 before half time. You could see Pardew shouting the instructions out when Simpson went down injured.

4-4-2 until Simpson came off on 38 mins imo.

Guest neesy111

442 for 20 mins, and fairly minimal hoofing (apart from a desperate last 10 mins).

Overalls I dont actually think it was the system or the style of play that last us the game, it was 5 of our 11 players having very poor days.

It started off as 4-4-2 then we lost all of our shape and it looked like like a case of every man for himself, the formation will not work with the players we've got and sticking to it is costing us.  We didn't make a tactical change after 20 minutes, we went to pieces.

No offence, but you're wrong :lol:

We 100% moved to 433 after they scored, and then moved to 4312 before half time. You could see Pardew shouting the instructions out when Simpson went down injured.

Nah, you're wrong.

I really don't understand Pardew sending out a team 442 to change to 433 (or some variation of it) when things don't go well as he did today and v Spurs. I can only imagine he's trying to keep Cisse and Ba happy, both of whom are better in a 433. Cabaye being sent out to wide right was ill-advised too.

Pardew has come out and said to the written press that certain players aren't as commited any more as agents, not employed by the players have contacted them out of the blue to tell them that they can sign for big clubs for double their pay.

These transfers never materialised, but these players have now had their heads turned and he says he needs to work on getting them refocused here.

THat video was amazing.

Btw i think Pardew is well within his rights to drop one of cisse or ba from the starting 11 now. Neither have performed well and the problem with fitting them both into a formation is causing problems for the rest of the team. We are carrying them at the moment (cisse in particular) and we cannot afford to. Teams like man united often play one striker and leave people like rooney on the bench for away games especially when they need a rest or are off form.