Alan Pardew

Dave

Yeah bit tired of it being spouted out, guess he feels the need to back up his boss as often as possible...I don't have much issue with our general policy on his investment, seems wise buying, but starting to look like we avoid buying full backs like man u avoid buying midfielders

Guest Wally_McFool

I certainly dont expect Pardew to criticise Ashley in public and if he sings Mikes praises, that's fine.

Being constantly told and reminded "how grateful we should be to Mike" though gets on me tits. Pardew should fuck off and stop patronising the fans.

I don't like how it's often implied that previous wild spending by managers and owners is somehow our fault. Bit tiresome as well as massively inaccurate. Disappointing, wonder if Dekka and Mike have had a word with him.

He does need to shut up about this subject, but he's on the defensive so maybe people should stop asking him about the signings or how he thinks the squad will cope. He's answered it, of sorts, and he repeats it every time he's asked it again. There's no doubting he's disappointed, but we all know he is the first and only line of defence when the club is questioned. Im not sure if he's been told to push this line or if it's one of his own. Either eway Im sick of hearing it, so I wish people would stop asking him about the lack of signings. Time to concentrate on the games.

He does need to shut up about this subject, but he's on the defensive so maybe people should stop asking him about the signings or how he thinks the squad will cope. He's answered it, of sorts, and he repeats it every time he's asked it again. There's no doubting he's disappointed, but we all know he is the first and only line of defence when the club is questioned. Im not sure if he's been told to push this line or if it's one of his own. Either eway Im sick of hearing it, so I wish people would stop asking him about the lack of signings. Time to concentrate on the games.

Doesn't make for as good a story though if he slips and has a dig at the fans/players/board unfortunately. I agree though.

Guest mavericknufc

During the summer we were quite publicly involved in trying to sign; De Jong, Carroll, Debuchy and to a lesser extend Douglas.  The fact that we were looking to sign these players indicates that those areas had been identified as positions we needed to improve/cover and the fact we signed none of those, or even the Plan B or C for the positions, highlights that it wasn't a successful transfer window.

As others have mentioned the more quotes like this appear, the more it comes across as patronising to the fans.

Getting sick of this shit, like we should be grateful to Ashley for what he's done for us.

Like someone has mentioned, who's going to be grateful to us?

Bit tetchy and feeling victimised JH ?

In fairness, if your question about who's going to be "grateful to us" relates to us as fans, then almost every public utterance from Pards, Dekka or anyone else connected to the club contains appreciation for the fans part in the recent upsurge in our fortunes.

Guest Wally_McFool

In fairness, if your question about who's going to be "grateful to us" relates to us as fans, then almost every public utterance from Pards, Dekka or anyone else connected to the club contains appreciation for the fans part in the recent upsurge in our fortunes.

Dont recall anything of the sort from the odious dastardly Derek. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Dont recall anything of the sort from the odious dastardly Derek. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Certainly nothing sincere.

tbh. I´m not that concerned any more about our lack of ambition in the summer. I´m more worried about our performance this far. The way we are playing now it doesn´t really matter which players we got.

tbh. I´m not that concerned any more about our lack of ambition in the summer. I´m more worried about our performance this far. The way we are playing now it doesn´t really matter which players we got.

Never quite sure who the "we" you refer to are ?

Never quite sure who the "we" you refer to are ?

The Newcastle United Football Club

Pards needs a big win. He's rattled about the transfer failure but a big three points will go a long way to quell the mounting discontent.

Sorry Al, but we have every right to feel let down by a wholly underwhelming summer.

This. Pardew really needs another win sooner rather than later. Don't think we'll get it tomorrow though.

The two go hand in hand. If we'd have signed the few players we needed there would be no "defensive crisis", for example, and no desperate reliance on 2 strikers who can't play together.