Alan Pardew

Dave

It's fuck all to do with investment, this team didn't need investment to be able to look a better side at home than Villa, Norwich, West Brom, Swansea or West Ham, all of whom have come here and looked at least our equal.

The facts are that the manager doesn't have the first idea how to coach interesting attacking football or how to coach a team to win matches,  and if we're honest with ourselves, other than a six match period with a formation that was abandoned as soon as we lost, he has never looked capable of that.

:thup: - particularly the bit in bold.

To blame the squad for Pardew's inability is a joke.

I hope that penny drops for other fans as well before we start losing the likes of Cabaye and Cisse because our manager doesn't know how to use them.

It's fuck all to do with investment, this team didn't need investment to be able to look a better side at home than Villa, Norwich, West Brom, Swansea or West Ham, all of whom have come here and looked at least our equal.

The facts are that the manager doesn't have the first idea how to coach interesting attacking football or how to coach a team to win matches,  and if we're honest with ourselves, other than a six match period with a formation that was abandoned as soon as we lost, he has never looked capable of that.

Have to agree. It's up to the manager to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Whilst some are undoubtedly shit, it's up to Pardew to do something about it and the way in which they perform on a weekly basis. Did we look a better side on paper that Swansea, West Brom, Norwich, etc. Absolutely. But we're nowhere near looking like a better team.

I think Ashley is as ruthless as they come, if we drop anywhere near the bottom three and stay there then Ashley will cut him loose.

Might happen too with the way we are playing.

I think there's probably more to the relationship than that. What I would say though is that Ashley has a real history of firing senior exec's in all of his firms/interests.

He's fired a million and one senior bods in industry over the years but I don't feel Pardew is in any danger at all and nor should he be when they've not supported him with investment.

Guest palnese

People are getting too hung up on Williamson. He's not the sole problem with this team, but merely typifies the problem with this team. Wild lack of depth is killing us.

I agree on Williamson, but it's our lack of an attacking plan that is killing is.

Guest Dontooner

One third of the players out there today don't belong at this level, so it's not all his fault. Tactically he's looking more clueless by the game, though.

I'd agree he is clueless not playing hoofball + tight defense when we are forced to use Willo.

Willo isn't singularly the problem. He hits it long because we don't use the midfield because we are team that like to go direct.

Also, are you actually criticising the fans for wanting our team to attack Swansea at home?? For real??

Tactically, we weren't much different today. 4-4-2, little movement, pump it long often. Tried to play it around a bit, felt unfamiliar, go long again.

Willo is f***ing hopeless. How in the earth a centre back can give our keeper such a huge threat in EPL? He has zero ball control and he really couldnt make a pass.

I am not criticizing the attacking approach. I'm criticizing the fans that call for his head because he gambled according to the fans wish. I hate this most because the fans always think it is not a gamble and it is just his lack of ability that cost us 3 points. Since "the fans approach" must work, and if it doesn't work, it must be the managers fault. What kind of logic is this.

I would say the first 60 mins was a big improvement. We didnt play hoofball much (except Willo), play the ball on the deck, and successfully gave Santon/Fergie and HBA to run with the ball and deliver cross.  We didnt do this last match.

I agree that things went horribly wrong after conceding the goal though.

This is like the 12 game in the League this season, this has been ongoing problem at least for me since last season

Stop kissing his ass

I hope that penny drops for other fans as well before we start losing the likes of Cabaye and Cisse because our manager doesn't know how to use them.

Too late IMO. (http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92734.msg4025818.html#msg4025818)

If I wasn't a Newcastle fan, and I was Ben Arfa (or someone else), I'd have been on the phone to my agent months ago.

One third of the players out there today don't belong at this level, so it's not all his fault. Tactically he's looking more clueless by the game, though.

I'd agree he is clueless not playing hoofball + tight defense when we are forced to use Willo.

But the truth is, you've got a player in the team that can't play the ball out of defence, that the midfield have to protect, and can't form part of a high line because of his lack of pace.

So we need to play a midfielder as a defender to compensate Willo's lack of football ability? That would become a 5-3-2.

In fact I got what you mean.  Tiote is not quick enough to cover Willo though.

Pardew: 'We lacked a little bit of potency in the final third. Swansea had more experience on the pitch, and it showed." "The fans were great but I think they seen we had a good application to the game. We just lost our shape. We're missing a lot of players"

Certianly well aware of the discontent.

Pardew: 'We lacked a little bit of potency in the final third. Swansea had more experience on the pitch, and it showed." "The fans were great but I think they seen we had a good application to the game. We just lost our shape. We're missing a lot of players"

Are they his genuine quotes?

Swansea were missing three of their back first choice back five according to groo.

:yao:

Has the spineless twat actually said that? Fucking hell. He's trolling us all.

Yes. Stolen from Starforth/Ryder.

This is what happens when the wonder goals stop.

There has never been a cogent style apart from that small spell of games since he's been here. That being what it is, the team doesn't setttle into routines or passing phases when things get tough. They start to go long and get a bit panicky and disenchanted.

Swansea are an average side who are well drilled with movement and a bit of nouse. That was too much for us.

I think it might even get a bit worse if things go wrong in Jan and our blue chip players get offers.

Yes. Stolen from Starforth/Ryder.

Fucking hell. Words fail me.

Certianly well aware of the discontent.

fuck yew

Par-dew