Alan Pardew

Dave

Thing is, even if you believe his stated intention to play passing football and bring in players to fit an attacking, slick philosophy, he clearly doesn't trust anyone beyond his absolute first choice XI to be able to do anything of the sort. But instead of drilling the philosophy into them and trying to breed a style of play throughout the whole club, he just sends the other players out to hoof the ball as far away from the goal at all times. Irrespective of the quality of players at his disposal, there should be a noticeable theme running through the play, and there's nothing of this at all. If his best players aren't available, it's long ball s*** all match.

Completely agree, I mean if you look at swansea they can swap players in and out of their team and they still look just as good. We make like one change to our first 11 and we look as if we're a different side.

I've got alot of time for West Brom's heirachy. As a club, even when they were yoyo'ing between divisions, they stuck to their guns. They could have shut up shop, employed an Allardyce and guaranteed themselves a yearly slice of the tv rights pool, by embracing a survival football mentality. I'd like to see West Brom mount a charge, and complete a run for the Euro position.

Where i disagree with Dave (irrespective of formation) i thought he returned to type post-wigan away last season. He hasn't trusted cabaye to express himself via his passing range, and ben arfa has taken it upon himself (by acting as playmaking rb, probably going against the script/gameplan) to try and grab a game by the bollocks. I still think the battering we took at Wigan last season saw the end of football experimen, because prior to that game (during our hot streak of form) we were mixing it up in attack. Come cloding weekend of the season were once again a fully fledged long-ball outfit.

FWIW he's lost the ball-playing sector of the changeroom - Carrs Lot. This is conjecture but i think he was sat down by senior figures in the playing group and pressed on this very iissue. Pards put the 'deck football' philosophy to the test, put himself out on a limb and we dropped six points in testing conditions, amidst two second half fadeouts. Ironiivally he abandoned all the positives displayed at manyoo, and tried to defend a lead with what has become the standard Pardew brand (outside the hot streak last season).

6 points lost, inside two cauldrons away from home, has frightened the man to back to type. Carr must be shaking his head atm, because his groundwork is been pissed down the drain.

I don't know if any of that's true, but that's how it's appeared to me for some time now. Great post.

Does anyone think he will get any stick at home games yet? He gets away with murder!

people still hating ashley i assume?  there's no other explanation, hatred for ashley not opening his wallet at will is over ruling what they're seeing with their own eyes...

I firmly believe par dew has put himself in a position of trust with his employers that only certain relegation would tempt them to make a change, even then I'm not convinced they woukd definitely pull the trigger.

Guest malandro

Does anyone think he will get any stick at home games yet? He gets away with murder!

no. The support has been conditioned into accepting any old shit since MA took over.

Aye, the fact Pardew doesn't have much of a bearing on transfers might make it easier to get rid this month. Don't think it would have an affect on incomings.

Every manager we have from now on should be given no longer than 2 year contract and renew after a year. Certainly not 8 years because it's gone to the fuckers head

I don't believe that. I just think he's been found out without his key players.

I just find it strange how far down hill we have gone since he got that contract. He has definitely been found out and doesn't have any answers. He actually appears totally clueless and oblivious to the whole thing. Sure he's started playing a 4-3-3 but even then he shoe horns a striker to the right in most games. He persists with Shola who has offered nothing all season when starting games and is to slow to play on his own up front, offers no outlet at all.

He rearranges the whole back four at half time - Just totally shocked at this part.

He played 3 arguably defensive midfielders with Sammy and Obertan coming to narrow at times.

Tactically inept, can't motivate our players, can't win from going behind, abysmal set pieces....what exactly does Pardew offer? Not being Joe Kinnear? That's nowhere near good enough. He has no redeeming factors for me.

Want him out now, although I do dread to think who the replacement would be. Pardew is doing nothing to get this team going forward. Everything is shocking. Even our victories we've been lucky. We haven't played above ourselves all season, which is why the injuries excuse is bollocks because we're still underperforming whatever players are out there.

Terrible away record, most direct team in the league, 10 defeats in 12 domestic game, can't change a game as we havent come from behind in years, ripped apart and terrible organisation at the back, one dimensional set pieces, terrible excuses, takes longer than the fans to see what doesn't work.... I could go on and on.

The only positive he has is he had a good season last season and he's a PR man.

Devoid of ideas

No urgency

Players with something to prove looking flat as a pancake.

All of these things should be things that the manager must get right, if he doesn't he aint doing the job right.

I'm not one who generally advocates change especially at our club where too much change has genuinely hurt us in the past. But I must admit I want Pardew out now. That performance was totally unacceptable and his behaviour after the whistle frankly isn't worthy of the manager of our great club.

people still hating ashley i assume?  there's no other explanation, hatred for ashley not opening his wallet at will is over ruling what they're seeing with their own eyes...

No I meant anti Pardew chants etc, yeah I'm annoyed at lack of signings but tactics, selection etc are terrible. Lack of desire and passion are unacceptable. He has to go

Guest neesy111

As I've said, the Pardew we feared would come when he was appointed has belatedly arrived. Just 1 1/2 lucky seasons late.

I'm not having that mind. Deserves everything he's getting this season, same way he deserved all the praise he was getting last year.

:thup:

He got loads of praise last season but has to take it on the chin now.

i'd take the loss at norwich if it guaranteed him the sack. last time i had thoughts like that about a manager was souness. i've never been the biggest fan of his but i honestly thought he was better than that.

When Gareth Barry missed that pen. :lol:

SJP: "YEEEEEEE... oh fuck."