Alan Pardew

Dave

6 million is his pay off! :'(

Daftest post of the decade tbh :lol:

How's that, unfortunately it's a fact. :idiot2:

He's the lowest paid manager in the league about 250k with bonuses added on ( ie league postion etc).

Shearer anybody?

No. :lol:

I think he would do a lot better with the current crop of personalities than the lot he had before. Not saying he'll be Alex Ferguson but he can't do much worse than he did before.

Doing not worse won't help. Doing the same as in 2009 will be enough to get us down.

I agree he's not the best candidate around but I don't think he'd be as bad as some make out that's all! People have short memories, what he had to work with in the dressing room last time round was hell on earth.

Can't wait until the horrendous c*** tries to blame it all on them getting a dodgy equalizer.

Expect loads of s*** about how we were unlucky to not be three or four up at half time too.

Did Federici have to make a single save in the second half?

He's a useless c***, last year was predominantly down to good luck.

C'mon Ashley, you've done well finding good talent on the continent in terms of getting players in. Go get us a manager who isn't a complete f***ing cretin.

Most of the team speaks French anyway, hire some french dude. f*** it.

It's been a lovely week of sport for me.

Off to the tennis tomorrow, reckon I'll get raped by Serena Williams... that'd cap things off appropriately.

:megusta:

Not gonna lie, I'd bang Serena. :lol:

Stupid post in retrospect.

out of idle curiosity rather than actual expectation heres my list of realistic candidates in no particular order

Mark Hughes-if he is the choice then he must have 0 say over transfers

Nigel Adkins-not the choice I'd make

Alan Curbishly-he's linked with everything else

Laurent Blanc-outside chance imho

I'd prefer Gus Poyet over Hughes or Adkins tbh. I know that's not going to be popular here but his side looked well set up.

Adkins is a far far better manager than Poyet.

What are his attributes? I can't say I took much notice of Southampton so some insight would be good.

He's a man manager, massive believer in confidence. Brings his players together as a team. Loves to play the passing attacking game.

He took some pretty average players at scunny and got them to the stage that they were passing teams like Forest off the pitch every week.

Great eye for talent - Scunny had no scouts so he chose the players he wanted (Hooper, Beckford etc).

The main thing is he will unite the dressing room.

I'd love to hear him explain his thinking, not to the media, so we could have a hope of understanding his decisions today.

Eh? Not to the media? How are we going to hear it then? :lol:

I meant I would love to hear him explain it personally. If he talks to the press he'll just have to spin whatever bollocks comes to mind.

out of idle curiosity rather than actual expectation heres my list of realistic candidates in no particular order

Depressing

Yeah, what sort of manager would want to come and work under these conditions.

Pardew's had the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon, Debuchy, Anita, Cisse and Marveaux forced upon him by Graham Carr... how can he be expected to succeed?

Thousands of coaches on the continent who'd give their left nut to manage us, our setup isn't actually all that uncommon outside of England.

Yup. Plus across the whole world the PL is watch by about 1billion people and is the biggest franchise ever created in football. There are dozens of managers who'd love to have a go in the PL.

Guest Wally_McFool

Shearer is a fucking simpleton.  He will add nothing.

What is it on here with the stupid cunts on here slagging club legends off.

Fuck off and watch Equestrian or Polo  instead of footy you pleb.

http://i5.glitter-graphics.org/pub/236/236385rk0nao42zh.gif

Honestly, everything I've been on about concerning stability, about how anyone could do a good job if given enough time, it's all irrelevant now.

We are in that situation where everything has been so irrevocably fucked up that you either sack the manager and hope a miracle happens or you just wait for the inevitable.

I remember posting four years ago saying how it was a straight race between us and Portsmouth to change managers and avoid relegation. Portsmouth sacked Adams, we stuck with Kinnear, they survived (for a year at least,) we didn't.

We're at the same level of desperation.

Oh, and to those of you who think it's cool to make posts starting with "some on here" and score points in this sort of situation, let me get it out of the way for you.

I was wrong. People are allowed to be wrong. And while I understand that points-scoring is probably a coping mechanism for you, it's really fucking tedious at times like this.

I'd only want Blanc tbh. Adkins is probably a good manager, but wont take us further than midtable anyway. Even though thats what we all might have to settle for under Ashley..

Guest bimpy474

Adkins of the unemployed ones for me.

Laudrup if we could get him.

From abroad if not them two, besides it's not as if anyone could do any worse. Someone who isn't gutless would be nice.

Di Matteo will get mentioned

Shearer is a f***ing simpleton.  He will add nothing.

What is it on here with the stupid c***s on here slagging club legends off.

f*** off and watch Equestrian or Polo  instead of footy you pleb.

He's right, to be fair.