Alan Pardew

Dave

We are stuck with him unfortunately I just can envisage a situation that would see Ashley sack him. He's not going to do it despite all our angst. In fact I think Ashley is so f***ing stubborn that the more vocal the fans get the more he'll dig his heals in, he's already proved that he doesn't give a damn what the fans think. That's why I just don't see how we will not be relegated because this man has lost it, lost the players and of course the fans too. Hopelessly out of his depth in a relegation fight as he proved at west ham.

I'm sure Allardyce was sacked when one fan was seen on tele telling him he didn't know what he was doing, today thousands told Pardew the same thing.

I live in hope.

You will never meet anyone more stubborn than a football manager.

I've no doubt he believes he can save us. And that all he needs is a few more Perch's, a Williamson, a Shola up top - to rough, ready and scrape us to safety.

16.6% win ratio since signing the new contract. You've got to make connections between the two?

Common sense would tell you that the two things cannot be linked but it's incredible how it's all gone downhill since that moment.

It can only be a bizarre coincidence but who knows :dontknow:

16.6% win ratio since signing the new contract. You've got to make connections between the two?

bit of a lazy thing to do tbh, the problems began not with Pardew himself starting them but the injuries and lack of adaption to dealing with the europa league on our schedule. What can be pinned on Pardew is the lack of any credible response or solution to these difficulties and indeed making them worse with strange team selections even with more limited resources lately. ATM he just doesn't seem to know how to get the side out of the trouble its in, I honestly don't think he caused most of the initial problems but his reaction to these difficulties leaves a lot to be desired.

You will never meet anyone more stubborn than a football manager.

I've no doubt he believes he can save us. And that all he needs is a few more Perch's, a Williamson, a Shola up top - to rough, ready and scrape us to safety.

wouldn't hurt tbh

I feel sorry for Pardew in a way. He acquired so much goodwill on the back of last season but he's basically thrown all of that out of the window with his recent "management" skills. I reckon that deep down, he knows he's fucking up big time - he wants to keep this job (which is probably the best one he's had in his career) and I think that for him, that's motivation in itself to persist with his defensive/win 1-0 approach. However it's becoming increasily evident that his tactics are bordering on the cowardly and the negative levels. His overcautious approach is hindering us - he is so afraid of losing this job that a scrappy 1-0 win would actually do for him as it's 3 massive points and it's looking like this approach is rubbing off on the players. Such a mentality does not get you far whatsoever.

He's let the fans, the players and ultimately himself down. Time for him to step aside, it really looks as if he's run his course here and will not improve beyond his current level.

You almost lost me with the sympathy thing but the bit in bold seems like it could be case.  It's just who he is, he's inherently negative.

We don't really need a manger at this point. Even Pardew himself is admitting it's signing new players which will make the difference. In which case why not sign the players and get someone else in who will make less of a pig's ear of managing the team during 90 mins?

Newcastle have won just three of the 18 league games they have played since the manager signed his eight-year contract in September last year

f***ing incredible.

It's not like we've picked up many draws either.

4 draws. 11 defeats.

35 goals conceded :lol:

We don't really need a manger at this point. Even Pardew himself is admitting it's signing new players which will make the difference. In which case why not sign the players and get someone else in who will make less of a pig's ear of managing the team during 90 mins?

the real difficulty is who, the names familar with the prem easily available aren't exactly stellar (Di Matteo and Adkins probably the best of the bunch available rather easily) while I personally would be very wary of throwing someone unfamiliar with the prem in at the deep end so to speak. Much better to get someone like that before a season starts and give them time to adapt.

I feel sorry for Pardew in a way. He acquired so much goodwill on the back of last season but he's basically thrown all of that out of the window with his recent "management" skills. I reckon that deep down, he knows he's f***ing up big time - he wants to keep this job (which is probably the best one he's had in his career) and I think that for him, that's motivation in itself to persist with his defensive/win 1-0 approach. However it's becoming increasily evident that his tactics are bordering on the cowardly and the negative levels. His overcautious approach is hindering us - he is so afraid of losing this job that a scrappy 1-0 win would actually do for him as it's 3 massive points and it's looking like this approach is rubbing off on the players. Such a mentality does not get you far whatsoever.

He's let the fans, the players and ultimately himself down. Time for him to step aside, it really looks as if he's run his course here and will not improve beyond his current level.

You almost lost me with the sympathy thing but the bit in bold seems like it could be case.  It's just who he is, he's inherently negative.

He's shown that he's simply not up to the task. I've given him the benefit of the doubt (hence why the sympathy view above) these last 6 months or so but I can't take it anymore. He's broken me.

We are stuck with him unfortunately I just can envisage a situation that would see Ashley sack him. He's not going to do it despite all our angst. In fact I think Ashley is so f***ing stubborn that the more vocal the fans get the more he'll dig his heals in, he's already proved that he doesn't give a damn what the fans think. That's why I just don't see how we will not be relegated because this man has lost it, lost the players and of course the fans too. Hopelessly out of his depth in a relegation fight as he proved at west ham.

I'm sure Allardyce was sacked when one fan was seen on tele telling him he didn't know what he was doing, today thousands told Pardew the same thing.

I live in hope.

Not his man though, Par dew very much is.

the real difficulty is who, the names familar with the prem easily available aren't exactly stellar (Di Matteo and Adkins probably the best of the bunch available rather easily) while I personally would be very wary of throwing someone unfamiliar with the prem in at the deep end so to speak. Much better to get someone like that before a season starts and give them time to adapt.

Why do we need anyone familiar with the Prem? Poyet wasn't familiar with the Prem yet he kicked our arse tactically and and all over the pitch twice in 12 months. Di Matteo and Adkins are of a similar pedigree. Not that it's much of a pedigree, but compared to Pardew their record probably stands up quite well.

I do think he's on an abnormally bad run mind.

I think where we were pre-West Ham was his true level. Stuttering to mid-table mediocrity, winning a few, scraping a few draws, etc. Unacceptable still. From pretty much Stoke to today there's been performances and games where we could have got a few results and hadn't. But even if he had got those results, 12th or wherever we might have been is still piss poor for the players he's got to work with.

In the vast majority of PL clubs, Pardew would be gone by tomorrow - he would probably have been gone after the Everton game..

Unfortunately, the club is not being run by people with either any knowledge of football or any sense of responsibility to its customers - the fans - so I will be very surprised if Pardew is not manager by the Villa game.

Any fool can see that NUFC is in freefall ; we have just lost at home to a major relegation rival after a string of demoralizing defeats, the club captain wants to leave, our top goal scorer has bailed out, we are failing to compete properly in tne transfer market and being upstaged by relegation rivals, and the sides below and around us are picking up points.

Ashley almost certainly doesn't care what the fans think and if truth be known, is happy to gamble with the club's PL status rather than admit he has been wrong about Pardew or anything else - I am convinced that this guy would be a failure in any other business than stack'em high and sell em cheap, which has been a recession-type business, because he clearly does not learn from his mistakes.

I am sick of saying this, but Pardew's record tells you the tale - many of us, including myself, hoped he had profited by his past errors and would be a decent manager at NUFC but that is clearly not the case. Yes, he has had a difficult pitch with the 2 clowns pulling the rug under his feet last summer, but he still had enough quality available to keep the side from a relegation battle...IF he was a good manager.

I cannot see where we go from here...the old Irish joke comes to mind about the paddy asked for directions to Dublin and replying ' Oi wouldn't starrt from here if oi were you'...

Pardew is the epitome of the Hollies 60s hit ; 'KIng Midas in Reverse'....

Why do we need anyone familiar with the Prem? Poyet wasn't familiar with the Prem yet he kicked our arse tactically and and all over the pitch twice in 12 months. Di Matteo and Adkins are of a similar pedigree. Not that it's much of a pedigree, but compared to Pardew their record probably stands up quite well.

I'm utterly ignoring anyone in a job because Ashley won't go for them thus no point considering someone managing in the champ or whatever so our realistic candidates who are unfamiliar with the prem are foreign ones and I'd be reluctant to throw them in a difficult situation like ours as the best way to employ them. Thus leaving us with an uninspiring list of prospective replacements of which Mark Hughes is probably the most qualified for our current situation. The problem is I don't like the idea of replacing Pardew with Hughes.