Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew can only succeed if he has 22 excellent players to choose from where as a result it's impossible for him to pick a bad team line up. As long as he has Shola, Jonas and Williamson available he'll always make wrong decisions.

Adrian Durham reckons he's on 'much less' than £10k a week.

I find that very hard to believe

Don't know if that amount is correct or not but I could believe he is on a low basic salary. The Ashley pay model in Sports Direct is low basic pay but plenty of incentive based bonuses. I would think AP got a good wedge for last season's effort.

Don't know if that amount is correct or not but I could believe he is on a low basic salary. The Ashley pay model in Sports Direct is low basic pay but plenty of incentive based bonuses. I would think AP got a good wedge for last season's effort.

low basic sure but "much less than 10k a week" is ridiculously low considering when he got the new contract he was in a much stronger position than when he first arrived.

He's not going to convince anyone that he simply told the team to carry on doing what they were, at half time. No subs came out, which presumably means he was giving them all the spiel about how important the result was for us and as a consequence, we couldn't afford to concede in such a game, so we must keep tight.

If he cared about scoring goals and being positive, he would have either taken Shola or Jonas off and put Marveaux in their spot. He couldn't even properly admit the Marveaux substitution was wrong, all he said was it 'might' have been the wrong decision.

That people listen to Adrian Durham?

no he's rather amusing and very good at his job of winding people up

Genital warts are more amusing than Adrian Durham.

Just seen his bbc interview. So the fans weren't up to the logic of taking Cabaye off................well yeah many didn't realise he was injured..........but the bulk of discontent was for quite frankly ludicrous formations, tactics and other substitutions. Seems the fans response has got hsi back up so it's even less likely that he's prepared to look at himself in the mirror now.

Rumour on twitter that he has been sacked most likely bollocks like but if only it was true

http://gifstumblr.com/images/these-nuns-seem-legit_1085.gif

Funnily enough the Mackems sound gutted about it on twitter which should say it all.

I'm fucking fuming at his constant 'we need more players' spiel, too. How the fuck is that supposed to make a near-full current squad feel? You're effectively telling everyone that the majority of our team that finished 5th last season isn't good enough to keep us out of a relegation battle.

So you get these few extra players in, allow them to be surrounded by a load of players who you've helped cause to become downtrodden as fuck. Is he genuinely expecting those new players to lift the spirits of and spur on a whole squad of players?

I'm fucking fuming at his constant 'we need more players' spiel, too. How the fuck is that supposed to make a near-full current squad feel? You're effectively telling everyone that the majority of our team that finished 5th last season isn't good enough to keep us out of a relegation battle.

So you get these few extra players in, allow them to be surrounded by a load of players who you've helped cause to become downtrodden as fuck. Is he genuinely expecting those new players to lift the spirits of and spur on a whole squad of players?

Had this feeling for ages. The way he talks down the squad players/youngsters yet never has a bad word to say about Jonas/Ameobi/Williamson, his so called senior pros, is disgusting.

It's epidemic. The more he says they're not good enough to keep us up the more they believe it.

It's insane. Said it last week but it's the reason the likes of Anita and Marv have looked the most promising. It's why Debuchy is going to look a class above the majority. Because none of them have been 'infected' with Pardew's mindset to the point the rest of the team have.

We are stuck with him unfortunately I just can envisage a situation that would see Ashley sack him. He's not going to do it despite all our angst. In fact I think Ashley is so fucking stubborn that the more vocal the fans get the more he'll dig his heals in, he's already proved that he doesn't give a damn what the fans think. That's why I just don't see how we will not be relegated because this man has lost it, lost the players and of course the fans too. Hopelessly out of his depth in a relegation fight as he proved at west ham.

I feel sorry for Pardew in a way. He acquired so much goodwill on the back of last season but he's basically thrown all of that out of the window with his recent "management" skills. I reckon that deep down, he knows he's fucking up big time - he wants to keep this job (which is probably the best one he's had in his career) and I think that for him, that's motivation in itself to persist with his defensive/win 1-0 approach. However it's becoming increasily evident that his tactics are bordering on the cowardly and the negative levels. His overcautious approach is hindering us - he is so afraid of losing this job that a scrappy 1-0 win would actually do for him as it's 3 massive points and it's looking like this approach is rubbing off on the players. Such a mentality does not get you far whatsoever.

He's let the fans, the players and ultimately himself down. Time for him to step aside, it really looks as if he's run his course here and will not improve beyond his current level.