Alan Pardew

Dave

I don't think we should get rid.

This season has been unprecedented in terms of injuries.

The people who should be looking at themselves are people like Ashley, Llambias and Charnley for not getting players "over the line" in the summer and now.

Unprecendented?

Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Steven Taylor have been injured since mid/late November. That's about it.

The fact of the matter is that even when they were all fit, and we had Ba scoring for fun, we were still performing to the same standard that we are now. The same cowardly, negative, anti-football mentality stemming from Pardew was permeating the team a few months ago with Cabaye, Ba and Ben Arfa in it and causing us to play less than the sum of our parts - just like it is at the moment. Cabaye's form was at an all time low for us since he arrived here, Ben Arfa's form had begun to dip quite badly going into November, and Steven Taylor started the season playing like the Steven Taylor of old, i.e. back off like a muppet all the time and effectively hiding all game. The players' confidence had started to dip long before these "unprecedented" injuries started to affect us.

Pardew has tried to spin excuses about Europe tiring everyone out and needing more players to be signed, and unfortunately some folk appear to have bought it. But that's just him doing what he does best, something that has enabled him to actually have a decent career as a Premiership manager, i.e. bullshitting so as to deflect attention away from the fact that he can't get a group of relatively talented footballers to play well. He did it at West Ham when he claims he was unfairly sacked after the board forced Tevez and Mascherano on him, and he'll say the same thing if he gets sacked this week, i.e. that the Newcastle board worked against him, didn't bring in who he wanted, etc etc. It needs to be noted that practically every other team in the league, no matter who the personnel or the names (Norwich still have half their Championship sqiad ffs), nearly every one of them either plays better football or functions much better as a team than us. Signing more players (even if needed) or getting Ben Arfa, Cabaye, etc, back fit won't do anything other than paper over the cracks under this conman of a manager.

We have always wanted stability for such a long time now, and many thought we had this when Pardew signed the 8 year deal. Always wanted him to see this through, almost like Arty Ziff has over at Sunderland. But, today, I think he completely lost the crowd. Ashley will sack him IMO. Just when more than anything. Can he afford us to go down again?

We're obviously deep in the turd. In a tricky situation... Does he back Pardew in the window, or bring in a new face? Probably neither to be honest. Who could we bring in? Adkins I'd like to see given a crack at the whip.

We need players badly at the moment but if we sack Pardew, that will surely put any potential targets off?

Horrible situation. Personally, I do think we'll stay up!

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I know Ian, and he definitely isn't trolling. I don't agree with his craic, but that's his genuine opinion and he's a good guy so he's more than entitled to it.

Having said that I completely disagree with his points. Pardew lost us the game today, not the fans. It was mental for the crowd to boo the cabaye substitution, but the Anita and marveaux sub booings were massively justified.

Pardew officially lost it today, most managers don't even get the luxury of reaching that point

If cabaye was injured why did he go straight to the bench pushed off?

Aye, I noticed that. If our players have any problem whatsoever, they always go straight down the tunnel. I reckon he's trying that on, similar to when he said Colo and Cisse were injured against Brighton. Bullshit.

I'm fuming even more now, he said he had to take Cabaye off because of injury,  then he said "I don't believe it's that bad, should be fine for next week, he was more worried than us"

Yeh well done Pardew it's those exact type of things you say that make you look like a slimey piece of s***.

And this is why you lose the dressing room you incompetent piece of s***.

You are the manager if you think he had the capability to play on then you leave him on if not take him off, simple, don't deflect the decision on the player just to save your own ass, fucking manager suppose to protect their players not try and turn the public on them just to cover your own ass, fucking coward.

Remember when all the problems were down to playing in the Europa League every week?

Since we last played in it: LLWLLLLDL :thup:

When we got knocked out of the FA Cup and people said it was good because we could concentrate on the league I said I could never get my head around that. Days like this are the reason why. If you're led by a dunderhead, having a few extra days preparation won't make fuck all difference.

Pardew said: "I am strong enough and have been in situations before where I can deal with where we are at.

"But I think it's obvious that the team wants a result. That would help every situation."

Great spot Al. :lol: :lol:

Remember when all the problems were down to playing in the Europa League every week?

Since we last played in it: LLWLLLLDL :thup:

Watch us win the Europa and get relegated. Madness. Classic Pards.

Winning something. :yao:

The people who should be looking at themselves are people like Ashley, Llambias and Charnley for not getting players "over the line" in the summer and now.

Unprecendented?

Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Steven Taylor have been injured since mid/late November. That's about it.

The fact of the matter is that even when they were all fit, and we had Ba scoring for fun, we were still performing to the same standard that we are now. The same cowardly, negative, anti-football mentality stemming from Pardew was permeating the team a few months ago with Cabaye, Ba and Ben Arfa in it and causing us to play less than the sum of our parts - just like it is at the moment. Cabaye's form was at an all time low for us since he arrived here, Ben Arfa's form had begun to dip quite badly going into November, and Steven Taylor started the season playing like the Steven Taylor of old, i.e. back off like a muppet all the time and effectively hiding all game. The players' confidence had started to dip long before these "unprecedented" injuries started to affect us.

Pardew has tried to spin excuses about Europe tiring everyone out and needing more players to be signed, and unfortunately some folk appear to have bought it. But that's just him doing what he does best, something that has enabled him to actually have a decent career as a Premiership manager, i.e. bullshitting so as to deflect attention away from the fact that he can't get a group of relatively talented footballers to play well. He did it at West Ham when he claims he was unfairly sacked after the board forced Tevez and Mascherano on him, and he'll say the same thing if he gets sacked this week, i.e. that the Newcastle board worked against him, didn't bring in who he wanted, etc etc. It needs to be noted that practically every other team in the league, no matter who the personnel or the names (Norwich still have half their Championship sqiad ffs), nearly every one of them either plays better football or functions much better as a team than us. Signing more players (even if needed) or getting Ben Arfa, Cabaye, etc, back fit won't do anything other than paper over the cracks under this conman of a manager.

:thup: Yep, well said.

Missed that. :lol:

Unprecedented ffs. Wasn't so long ago we were going out with Ramage, Edgar, Pattison and Huntington because injuries were so bad.

Of the two injuries, Taylor was out nearly all last season and Ben Arfa couldn't get a sniff until last January.

Unprecendented?

:thup: Yep, well said.

Aye that's a cracking post. Was going to mention the Tevez/Mascherano fiasco myself at some point. It's amazing how many cock ups this man has made in his career in such a short space of time. Alongside Souness, one of the all time biggest frauds in our era.

I know Ian, and he definitely isn't trolling. I don't agree with his craic, but that's his genuine opinion and he's a good guy so he's more than entitled to it.

Having said that I completely disagree with his points. Pardew lost us the game today, not the fans. It was mental for the crowd to boo the cabaye substitution, but the Anita and marveaux sub booings were massively justified.

Pardew officially lost it today, most managers don't even get the luxury of reaching that point

Huh?  There was no injury that was clearly apparent.

I'm inclined to side with Wullie and not believe Pardew about the injury anyway, I started thinking that's the sort of thing Pardew thinks is fair game when I wasted my time and money going to Brighton only for him to completely short-change me in every possible sense.

Pardew said: "I am strong enough and have been in situations before where I can deal with where we are at.

But I think it's obvious that the team wants a result. That would help every situation."

The bit I've bolded is shit isn't it?  I'm not sure that he's been in a relegation fight at any club and turned it around.

Huh?  There was no injury that was clearly apparent.

I'm inclined to side with Wullie and not believe Pardew about the injury anyway, I started thinking that's the sort of thing Pardew thinks is fair game when I wasted my time and money going to Brighton only for him to completely short-change me in every possible sense.

Hadn't he just chucked himself into a wicked overhead kick on the edge of the 18 yard box when he was subbed? Not the antics of a man who is carrying a knock tbh.

But I think it's obvious that the team wants a result. That would help every situation."

The bit I've bolded is shit isn't it?  I'm not sure that he's been in a relegation fight at any club and turned it around.

He doesn't say he's successfully dealt with it.