Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew said: "I am strong enough and have been in situations before where I can deal with where we are at.

But I think it's obvious that the team wants a result. That would help every situation."

Great spot Al. :lol: :lol:

The bit I've bolded is shit isn't it?  I'm not sure that he's been in a relegation fight at any club and turned it around.

He doesn't say he's successfully dealt with it.

:lol:

:vtec:

Remember when all the problems were down to playing in the Europa League every week?

Since we last played in it: LLWLLLLDL :thup:

Watch us win the Europa and get relegated. Madness. Classic Pards.

Winning something. :yao:

Winning :yao:

quote]

Something  :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao:

More's the pity I think he'll get until at least the transfer window closes, we won't get anyone in without a manager. If we don' win the next two games I can see him gone, but it's pointless sacking him now when we are in desperate need of at least 2 players.

More's the pity I think he'll get until at least the transfer window closes, we won't get anyone in without a manager. If we don' win the next two games I can see him gone, but it's pointless sacking him now when we are in desperate need of at least 2 players.

I honestly don't think players really give a shit about who the manager is. Some of them have better relationships with certain managers, but in general if they're coming they're coming for the money and to play for NUFC, not because our manager is Alan Pardew or anyone else we could attract.

Tend to agree. He'll be sacked shortly after we lose to Villa I reckon.

I honestly don't think players really give a s*** about who the manager is. Some of them have better relationships with certain managers, but in general if they're coming they're coming for the money and to play for NUFC, not because our manager is Alan Pardew or anyone else we could attract.

The point I was making is who wants to come to a team not knowing who the manager is going to be? Think it would be wise to hold onto him until the end of the window and then release the hounds!

Tend to agree. He'll be sacked shortly after we lose to Villa I reckon.

I'd settle for that at this point, just can't see it happening. Pardew getting the sack I mean, not us losing to Villa.

Guest malandro

The fans chanted his name for most of the game. He has had far too much time and leniance from the crowd at NUFC, the reaction today should have happened months ago.

I do find it bizarre like, how much leeway he's getting. Can't understand it at all. I've typically been one of the first to start the Souness/Roeder Out bandwagon so I'm used to having to wait until the majority come to their senses but I've seen people who know their football on Facebook tonight saying they're "Team Pardew"

I just cannot get my head round it. This form is far worse than anything we've come close to before.

A combination of Ashley induced apathy and years of everything that goes wrong at NUFC being attributed to our 'unreal expectations' by media fuckwits.  As I said in the success thread, over the last five years we have been conditioned to accept any old shit. Become scared shitless of venting any dissatisfaction in case we get accused of owning a bed sheet.

Be it local journalists, fanzines or supporters in L7 - public criticism of the current regime has been silenced through a combination of carrot and stick. It's taken today's low point to wake some of them from their trance. The rest will no doubt carry on putting self interest ahead of the club's best interests.

It matters little if AP stays or goes, he's a symptom not the cause.

I honestly don't think players really give a s*** about who the manager is. Some of them have better relationships with certain managers, but in general if they're coming they're coming for the money and to play for NUFC, not because our manager is Alan Pardew or anyone else we could attract.

The point I was making is who wants to come to a team not knowing who the manager is going to be? Think it would be wise to hold onto him until the end of the window and then release the hounds!

Players do that all the time now man. Southampton signed some bloke about five minutes after Adkins left.

The fans chanted his name for most of the game. He has had far too much time and leniance from the crowd at NUFC, the reaction today should have happened months ago.

I do find it bizarre like, how much leeway he's getting. Can't understand it at all. I've typically been one of the first to start the Souness/Roeder Out bandwagon so I'm used to having to wait until the majority come to their senses but I've seen people who know their football on Facebook tonight saying they're "Team Pardew"

I just cannot get my head round it. This form is far worse than anything we've come close to before.

A combination of Ashley induced apathy and years of everything that goes wrong at NUFC being attributed to our 'unreal expectations' by media fuckwits.  As I said in the success thread, over the last five years we have been conditioned to accept any old shit. Become scared shitless of venting any dissatisfaction in case we get accused of owning a bed sheet.

Be it local journalists, fanzines or supporters in L7 - public criticism of the current regime has been silenced through a combination of carrot and stick. It's taken today's low point to wake some of them from their trance. The rest will no doubt carry on putting self interest ahead of the club's best interests.

Sorry but I disagree. Ashley's a tight arse but it's not our recruitment policy which has led to this shambles. Granted we lack ambition but we have a squad which should be more than capable of being in the top half of the table any month of the year. There is no hiding from that, and deflecting the blame does us no good whatsoever.

Sorry but I disagree. Ashley's a tight arse but it's not our recruitment policy which has led to this shambles. Granted we lack ambition but we have a squad which should be more than capable of being in the top half of the table any month of the year. There is no hiding from that, and deflecting the blame does us no good whatsoever.

:thup: We managed to finish 5th last season ffs. What happened the last time we failed to build on such a promising position (Shepherd & Sir Bobby)? We finished 5th the season after 3rd.

Anyone claiming that this is because of Ashley's management of the club is just trying to use it as yet another stick to beat him with imo, like there aren't enough already.

Pardew needs to take the slack for this. A fair manager could have this squad top ten at least, whilst dealing with the 'unprecedented' injury troubles. We've not had injury troubles to the extent that it's turned a team of internationals that finished 5th last season into relegation fodder.

Nah, bollocks.  I'm just catching up with the thread properly and have noticed numerous people leaping to Ian's defence as per the usual.

It doesn't matter whether Ian's admitted that Pardew was in the wrong and the fans had a point.  The fact that Pardew had the nerve to say that in his interview is absolutely fucking outrageous.  He was responsible for the negative atmosphere when he had us playing scrappy nothing-ball after the first goal, brought Marveaux off after an hour and quite rightly the crowd had had it up to their back teeth by the time Cabaye was subbed. 

It doesn't matter if Ian acknowledged that, he's said "I think that's a fair comment" FFS. :lol: The manager is absolutely taking the piss by saying that in an interview, and you'd think he'd want to avoid the subject since it was his total ineptitude that got us to that low point.  Instead he used it as another excuse, even though it was of his own doing.

This is very fair comment, whether Pardew was wise to say what he did wasn't what I was talking about. I agree, it was unwise to even talk about the fans.

But let's get it in context, it was a throw-away comment in answer to a direct question about fans booing the Cabaye sub. It wasn't an attempt to blame the fans for us losing the game.

Not that this post will make any difference to anyone, carry on.

Pardew shouldn't have criticised the crowds' reaction.

It's yet another strategic mistake by Pardew, and it'll come back to bite him because he's unleashed the anger of the crowd which will add to the pressure on all his future touchline decisions.

Guest firetotheworks

I know you should be careful what you wish for, but I've never been more desperate for an NUFC manager to get the sack. None of them have ever got to this point either.

Guest malandro

A combination of Ashley induced apathy and years of everything that goes wrong at NUFC being attributed to our 'unreal expectations' by media fuckwits.  As I said in the success thread, over the last five years we have been conditioned to accept any old s***. Become scared shitless of venting any dissatisfaction in case we get accused of owning a bed sheet.

:thup: We managed to finish 5th last season ffs. What happened the last time we failed to build on such a promising position (Shepherd & Sir Bobby)? We finished 5th the season after 3rd.

Anyone claiming that this is because of Ashley's management of the club is just trying to use it as yet another stick to beat him with imo, like there aren't enough already.

Pardew needs to take the slack for this. A fair manager could have this squad top ten at least, whilst dealing with the 'unprecedented' injury troubles. We've not had injury troubles to the extent that it's turned a team of internationals that finished 5th last season into relegation fodder.

And who appointed Pardew, and perhaps more importantly to this debate why?

I know you should be careful what you wish for, but I've never been more desperate for an NUFC manager to get the sack. None of them have ever got to this point either.

In my mind Fathead and Souness were definitely worse.....I rejoiced when they were sacked.

The problem with Pardew is....who would the replacement be?  What manager of any calibre would want to come here? 

A combination of Ashley induced apathy and years of everything that goes wrong at NUFC being attributed to our 'unreal expectations' by media fuckwits.  As I said in the success thread, over the last five years we have been conditioned to accept any old s***. Become scared shitless of venting any dissatisfaction in case we get accused of owning a bed sheet.

And who appointed Pardew, and perhaps more importantly to this debate why?

It will be interesting to see how long it takes before Ashley bites the bullet fires Pardew that's for sure. I'm not sure he would have sacked Kinnear if he hadn't had a heart attack. That's something to ponder.

Nah, bollocks.  I'm just catching up with the thread properly and have noticed numerous people leaping to Ian's defence as per the usual.

It doesn't matter whether Ian's admitted that Pardew was in the wrong and the fans had a point.  The fact that Pardew had the nerve to say that in his interview is absolutely fucking outrageous.  He was responsible for the negative atmosphere when he had us playing scrappy nothing-ball after the first goal, brought Marveaux off after an hour and quite rightly the crowd had had it up to their back teeth by the time Cabaye was subbed. 

It doesn't matter if Ian acknowledged that, he's said "I think that's a fair comment" FFS. :lol: The manager is absolutely taking the piss by saying that in an interview, and you'd think he'd want to avoid the subject since it was his total ineptitude that got us to that low point.  Instead he used it as another excuse, even though it was of his own doing.

This is very fair comment, whether Pardew was wise to say what he did wasn't what I was talking about. I agree, it was unwise to even talk about the fans.

But let's get it in context, it was a throw-away comment in answer to a direct question about fans booing the Cabaye sub. It wasn't an attempt to blame the fans for us losing the game.

Not that this post will make any difference to anyone, carry on.

:lol: Somebody asked.

It was an attempt at an excuse and an attempt to make the fans look stupid.  Just watching MOTD now and that incident will be discussed in isolation, the Marveaux sub and the change in style of play (i.e. shitting ourselves when we go 1-0 up, at the instruction of the manager) will probably not be mentioned.