Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew says he told the side to keep playing in the second half exactly as they'd played in the first. I assume this included passing football and attacking Reading, so either:

a. He's lying, or;

b. The players just didn't listen and decided to go defensive themselves.

Which is worse? :undecided:

B is probably a bit worse. Although it's natural sometimes for players to protect a lead, especially when they aren't confident.

He didn't help matters by replacing the midfielders who were controlling the game with inferior subs though. And we all know that Shola and Jonas are knackered by about 65 minutes.

I don't think we should get rid.

This season has been unprecedented in terms of injuries.

The people who should be looking at themselves are people like Ashley, Llambias and Charnley for not getting players "over the line" in the summer and now.

Which seemingly would make no difference as Pardew with f*** it up with ridiculous tactics and mind boggling substitutions.

Today tactics were s****, no getting away from that. But with adequate players brought into the squad we could have adapted within the game and seen it out.

Quality of subs available let us down today.

Well here's an idea. If your subs aren't that good then leave the quality players on.

and risk them further injuries for the next game?

Today tactics were s****, no getting away from that. But with adequate players brought into the squad we could have adapted within the game and seen it out.

Hold on a minute, he had attacking options if he wanted to keep us going forward but he replaced an attacking player with a defensive one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21102594

Blames the fans for negativity around the stadium. His audacity knows no bounds.

I note he says he told them at half time to keep doing exactly the same things second half. If that's true then the players just aren't listening to him.

I just cannot buy that because this is always what happens with Pardew, just a look at half time in the match thread makes that absolutely obvious, so do his subs.

Pardew says he told the side to keep playing in the second half exactly as they'd played in the first. I assume this included passing football and attacking Reading, so either:

a. He's lying, or;

It is difficult to keep playing a certain way when you change the players that are making things "tick" I personally wouldn't trust what he has to say anyway the guy likes the sound of his own voice and does not like to ever admit he gets things wrong. At the end of the match I really had hoped he would come out and admit he made a mistake instead he had already got a list of excuses to make. Maybe that's what he was doing at the pitch side getting his "silky patter" down before smirking at the camera's like everything is all fine and dandy.

From manager of the year who deserved a nice extended contract to a manager I wouldnt give an assistants post in the 3rd division to is so big of a fall from grace you couldnt make it up.

a. He's lying, or;

Both are just as bad as each other. For one thing, it appears that Pardew just doesn't want to acknowledge any fault on his part and secondly, the players might be losing a bit of faith in him if they didn't listen to the manager's instructions. Either way, it all leads back to Pardew as being the root cause...

21 points is our worst return at this stage in our PL history.

Just to put that into context, that's a PL history that has included Peter Ramage, Celestine Babayaro and Carl Cort.

Some people are still making excuses for the man, by blaming the lack of funds over the summer.  Although that is partly to blame, even with the lack of squad he had including injuries, there is absolutely no excuse for the position we are in now.

The team is better than that, that team Is still better than languishing at the bottom with 21 points after 23 games.

The ones that think otherwise are naive to say the least.

Some can blame long ball, short ball, turgid ball, foul formations, whatever but ultimately the manager with those players regardless of whatever style they play should be getting more than 21 points out of 23 games.

21 points is our worst return at this stage in our PL history.

Just to put that into context, that's a PL history that has included Peter Ramage, Celestine Babayaro and Carl Cort.

Knee-jerk. :lol:

Hold on a minute, he had attacking options if he wanted to keep us going forward but he replaced an attacking player with a defensive one.

Dman right Mick. As far as I'm concerned it's absolutely irrelevant who we bring in this month. We won't improve. The guy doesn't have a clue and as shown today he's incapable of changing his philosophy. People thinking otherwise ought to give their heads a shake.

The guy is so full of shit. Says that Cabs was struggling at half time. Why the fuck didn't he take him off instead of Marveaux then? We had two creative players on the pitch and he thinks it's a good idea to take one off while the other one is struggling with injury.

Liar or muppet. Either way he has to go.

a. He's lying, or;

Either way he's lost the locker room and has to go.

Blames the fans for negativity around the stadium. His audacity knows no bounds.

I note he says he told them at half time to keep doing exactly the same things second half. If that's true then the players just aren't listening to him.

I just cannot buy that because this is always what happens with Pardew, just a look at half time in the match thread makes that absolutely obvious, so do his subs.

It's clearly bollocks. 5 min before their first goal I said they're sitting deep again or words to that effect. You could see it a mile off...Same as, same old...He's just crap under pressure and too negative and the players can feel that..Football is so much in the mind it's unreal...Fuck me he's even forgotten the clever things he used to say last year. He's out of ideas and worse he's spreading fear into the team - game after game. Ashley has to act this week.

I was a supporter of his when we got him, and the majority were disgusted. Now, I am disgusted with myself that I thought he would do well. But he did. But not now. WTF am I on about? He has got me like this. GET THIS FUCKER OUT. He is clueless

I thought at the time that the fans' reaction would be harmful to the team, I think that's fair comment. It's the double-edged sword of SJP.

Obviously it's not an excuse, but it's a factor.

Troll. On ignore now. Bye.

:lol: This, it's quite unbelievable.

I thought at the time that the fans' reaction would be harmful to the team, I think that's fair comment. It's the double-edged sword of SJP.

Nothing Ian said there is at all troll-like.  A different opinion than most, but definitely not of the troll variety.

Nothing Ian said there is at all troll-like.  A different opinion than most, but definitely not of the troll variety.

I don't think he's a troll but he sure does make you wonder at times...

The fans chanted his name for most of the game. He has had far too much time and leniance from the crowd at NUFC, the reaction today should have happened months ago.

I heard a few singing against him when others sang for him.  A few people followed "Alan Pardews black and white army" with "We hate Pardew" instead of Sunderland.

As much as I thought it was premature, people have been hating on Pardew for months. It just turns out they might be proved right.

(I said might!)

Might.  :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/oLcaEuF.png