Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm adamemt that anything positive we do on the pitch is despite this fucker, not because of.

We've got a squad now where anything less than 8th next year is shameful

Whey that's just daft. He deserves almost all the credit for Sissoko's performances. Granted he didn't come up with the idea of signing a defensive midfielder and using him in an attacking position but he's utilised Mo really, really well.

Pardew in "square peg in square hole shocker".

I see your good use of Sissoko, but raise you 6 months of Cisse on the wing.

I'm adamemt that anything positive we do on the pitch is despite this fucker, not because of.

We've got a squad now where anything less than 8th next year is shameful

I do think there's a lot of truth in this like. We undoubtedly have the quality in the side and it really shines through at times, Swansea still had far better movement today though when they went forward, it wasn't even comparable.

Like in any walk of life a real man takes action when the situation requires and the same applies in football management. Changes had to be made to capitalize on our relative dominance and add that little spark that we needed.

Oh we're a goal down and now you make the changes? You must want to score a goal now :rolleyes:

That sums it up really well. At 0-0 he wasn't desperate to get a goal and that is totally unacceptable given the circumstances.

The only change he could've realistically made would've been Marveaux/Obertan for Jonas and even that would've been churlish considering how well Jonas and Debuchy linked up in the second half. We had no other game changers on the bench.

Yet Luke Moore has changed the game for them by shuffling the pack and sending Michu back to run midfield. Last season against Man City, Mancini took a striker off for De Jong to release Toure, who scored within five minutes.

You don't always need a "game-changer" if you think about it enough. Pardew is embarrassingly poor at doing this because he's a tactical dud.

Sometimes as a manager you have to do stuff to change the game that goes beyond hoying Shola on. That is all he knows.

You talk an obscene amount of s**** Wullie :lol:

Luke Moore did absolutely nothing when he came on other than stand prone and swing a leg at the ball while our defense disintegrated around him. I like Laudrup, but it was not a tactical masterstroke by any stretch of the imagination. Michu did little when either up front or in midfield today.

It's pretty clear there are a small number of people on here that will not accept that we can get dealt a bad hand and Pardew can't be held accountable for it. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I never said Luke Moore did anything (other than score the winning goal), I said Laudrup shuffled the pack by bringing him on. You obviously think a manager can only change the game by bringing on some sort of super-sub.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. :lol: We're 15th ffs. Most teams in the league would have beaten Swansea today, they were appalling, very much "after the Lord Mayor's show" and yet they still won.

Not at all, however when you're playing the best football of the game and are looking good value for a goal I don't believe that you really need to "shuffle the pack". You talk about Pardew being a reactive manager however I struggle to think of any managers who'd have made the changes you were so clearly crying out for in the same position. The old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind here.

Laudrup's changes were reactive because we'd taken the game by the scruff of the neck, however by your logic he should've played his hand on the 17th minute when they were all over us.

I also think it's pretty apparent what I meant by damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Had he made s substitution and the result been the same you'd have been on here tearing strips off him for making changes when we were in the ascendancy. I've gave the man jip this season when he has got it wrong, I was on here practically calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered after the Reading game, but he did everything right today and he's still seen as public enemy number one by some of our support. It's absolutely mental stuff.

How can he have done everything right and lost that game? Swansea had clearly been on the p*ss all week and would have been beaten by most other sides in the league.

He lost that game because shit can happens sometimes especially on football. We were unlucky man. And no I don't think most teams would have won here considering how good Swansea are when the have the possession. They looked like Barcelona at certin periods in the first half.

What finally tipped it for me was the Chelsea game when we got it back to 2-2. You could visibly see him tell us to sit back and hold on to what we had. Thankfully the players thought "fuck it we can win this".

Hahaha

What finally tipped it for me was the Chelsea game when we got it back to 2-2. You could visibly see him tell us to sit back and hold on to what we had. Thankfully the players thought "fuck it we can win this".

Hahaha

:lol: As I said I agree that the players' quality has a lot to do with it, that is total bollocks though.

What the f*** is actually expected here anyway? That we go to Swansea and absolutely flatten them, creating a mountain of chances banging goals in left right and centre? :lol:

We played well and were unlucky to lose, that's the end of it for me. Pardew didn't exactly "play a blinder" but he didn't do anything worth criticising.

That's what he does deserve criticising for, doing nothing.

This thread managed to get worse from earlier, wow :lol:

It reminds me of the threads defending Souness.

Were people bringing up him selling a player most didn't rate years ago as a reason to criticise him, saying that wins against good sides were only because players decided "fuck it, I'm gonna do my own thing!" and that teams who have just won a cup should be beaten because they don't care any more?

If so people were just as mental back then.

I don't think many (the odd nutjob) have said Pardew hasn't performed badly this season, however the sensible majority are able to accept that you can play well and still lose. Some just see loss = he did shit. It's normally the same people every week mind :)

Were people bringing up him selling a player most didn't rate years ago as a reason to criticise him, saying that wins against good sides were only because players decided "f*** it, I'm gonna do my own thing!" and that teams who have just won a cup should be beaten because they don't care any more?

I don't think many (the odd nutjob) have said Pardew hasn't performed badly this season, however the sensible majority are able to accept that you can play well and still lose. Some just see loss = he did s***. It's normally the same people every week mind :)

I'm not getting into what Souness did do or didn't do or what posters said or didn't say.  I think most people will probably agree that we did play well and lost today, has anybody said that either didn't happen?

The thing is, some people seem to think that losing was our fate and that we couldn't have done anything that could have changed the outcome of the game, that is utter bullshit.

Were people bringing up him selling a player most didn't rate years ago as a reason to criticise him, saying that wins against good sides were only because players decided "f*** it, I'm gonna do my own thing!" and that teams who have just won a cup should be beaten because they don't care any more?

I don't think many (the odd nutjob) have said Pardew hasn't performed badly this season, however the sensible majority are able to accept that you can play well and still lose. Some just see loss = he did s***. It's normally the same people every week mind :)

Oh man could you possibly be any more hypocritical?

This THIS after the fifth. FIFTH "we finished fifth and so any criticism is not valid" tripe? :lol:

Oh man could you possibly be any more hypocritical?

This THIS after the fifth. FIFTH "we finished fifth and so any criticism is not valid" tripe? :lol:

Where?

probably a tad generlistic (sic) but I truly believe good players produce week on week - they are the ones we rememeber - anyhoo it is all moot - we have some great performers - some so-so perfomers and no game plan.

It's just disappointing

In response  to wullie

Hahaha

Insightful as ever.

Obviously i was thinking that Marv could have come on after 70 mins or so but i could also see that Debuchy was providing a genuine threat down the right and Jonas would've been more likely to notice that and cover for him than Marv would so then it came down to who would Marv replace? Maybe Tiote with Mous dropping back along side Cabaye, again may not have changed the game much. Gouf off and Marv on the left, not sure about that either. Take off a defender? Wouldn't have done that.

Hard to really put the loss down to Pardew. They are a very decent team with a very good ethos and a good manager. Despite this we were well in the game and if we had won it, i don't think Swansea could have complained too much. As it was, MYM wasn't a very able deputy for Colo and once again, Santon didn't look all that handy at defending. Me and and everyone else were happy to see those 2 starting though i'm sure. So, today was just one of those days. We deserved a point at least, came away with nothing. Ouch. Now we should go and take at the frustration of that on Anzhi.

Where?

Perhaps if I find myself woefully bored during the week I'll dig up quotes for you. You know well what you said anyway.

I have said last season should have given him a bit of breathing room, I have also criticised poor results/performances. That is completely different to what you have accused me of.

You find any different I will hold my hands up.

We could have won, we might have drawn, but we ended up losing in a game of few chances. I don't think we created enough genuine opportunities to be upset about coming out losers. Cisse had one effort, and Gouffran had another coming in from wide. The rest were long range efforts for the most part. Pardew set out a team to snatch a win, and they snatched a loss instead. Personally I think we had the players to have won this game if we'd shown some real intent.

With the way our defence looked rather shaky, I don't think going for it would have gone that well, against teams that move the ball like swansea, you need to be tight and compact as well as carrying the attacking threat.