Alan Pardew

Dave

His results still aren't good enough to justify keeping his job imo. Given the amount of investment in January, it was imperative that we made a surge into the top half to ensure we keep players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa. That hasn't happened.

That side today should not be losing to a very lacklustre Swansea City, I don't care how many chances they had.

We were 16th after the Reading game, gave him some fantastic players, now we're 15th. That's nowhere near enough improvement. Our away form remains disgustingly poor.

We've won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2 (i.a.c) since the new players came in. I'm nowhere near convinced about Pardew long-term, but if we're gonna 'surge' - give it a chance. We've improved plenty.

What might we have achieved last season had Wayne Routledge been on our books!? :anguish: Oh, the sleep I have lost.

I know it can be frustrating considering the amount of appearances Obertan has had, but it's been two years now and we've made several terrific signings since that sad, sad day when Routledge left. It's pointless even discussing it.

His results still aren't good enough to justify keeping his job imo. Given the amount of investment in January, it was imperative that we made a surge into the top half to ensure we keep players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa. That hasn't happened.

That side today should not be losing to a very lacklustre Swansea City, I don't care how many chances they had.

We were 16th after the Reading game, gave him some fantastic players, now we're 15th. That's nowhere near enough improvement. Our away form remains disgustingly poor.

We've won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2 (i.a.c) since the new players came in. I'm nowhere near convinced about Pardew long-term, but if we're gonna 'surge' - give it a chance. We've improved plenty.

Need more improvement given how poor the results were early doors though, he made a rod for his own back. Needs a minimum of 12 points from the next five games and to qualify in the Europa to be at par.

Need more improvement given how poor the results were early doors though, he made a rod for his own back. Needs a minimum of 12 points from the next five games and to qualify in the Europa to be at par.

There's no way I'm going to sit here and defend his overall managerial performance this season. But he's finally been allowed to build on last season's squad - and we've played well, picking up several good results in the process. He's not to blame for today, either. That should have been a draw all day long but mistakes from individual defenders let him down badly. I don't think we can continue sticking the knife in unless he wins every single game left in the season and pushes us up to 7th, or whatever.

Funny that he publicly derided Wayne Routledge as not good enough when two years later he's still better than everyone we have in that position other than Ben Arfa.

Routledge has improved immeasurably since he joined Swansea. By the time he left us he was playing shite every week. It's a moot point, anyway.

Has he bollocks, man. He's just being played in a 4-3-3 instead of being asked to graft in a rigid 4-4-2.

Routledge has always been good enough for our squad and would walk into our team with Hatem out.

That says more about our options after Ben Arfa than how good Routledge is.

There's no way I'm going to sit here and defend his overall managerial performance this season. But he's finally been allowed to build on last season's squad - and we've played well, picking up several good results in the process. He's not to blame for today, either. That should have been a draw all day long but mistakes from individual defenders let him down badly. I don't think we can continue sticking the knife in unless he wins every single game left in the season and pushes us up to 7th, or whatever.

Today should have been a draw and could have been a win, instead it was a defeat and he's partially to blame for that through his lack of movement until the late changes.

He's always been unable to react to changes from the opposition or make changes that make a positive impact on our team. With ten minutes left, there is no way we shouldn't win that game.

Today we had no subs on until about 89 minutes were up. Jonas should have been taken off far earlier, hell he shouldn't have even started. I'd inifinitely prefer Anita or Marveaux out there. Pardew is to blame for that, at least.

Anyway, this defeat means that by his own rules Pardew is now allowed to change the team for the next league game.

He's always been unable to react to changes from the opposition or make changes that make a positive impact on our team. With ten minutes left, there is no way we shouldn't win that game.

agree and I cannat help but think he was hoping we stuck in for the 0-0 when we really had an excellent opportunity to go for the winner.

Still too early to say, remember how Fulham and Stoke's seasons in the league were when they qualified for the Europa League?

Would like to see how he does next season when we aren't in Europe, would also like to see who he/the club gets in the summer.

Still baby steps really.  There's still so many things Pardew can improve on - he still needs to learn from his mistakes. But I will give him credit for the last few weeks. It's going rather well and the team spirit is slowly coming back.

Still too early to say, remember how Fulham and Stoke's seasons in the league were when they qualified for the Europa League?

Would like to see how he does next season when we aren't in Europe, would also like to see who he/the club gets in the summer.

I don`t think we are getting anyone in the summer unless any go. Maybe a striker and thats it.

I'm trying not to think about the summer too much, because goalscorers aside I think the squad is now almost as good as we can realistically expect it to be. If anyone goes it'll probably be a big, unpopular sale.