Alan Pardew

Dave

Like in any walk of life a real man takes action when the situation requires and the same applies in football management. Changes had to be made to capitalize on our relative dominance and add that little spark that we needed.

Oh we're a goal down and now you make the changes? You must want to score a goal now :rolleyes:

I'm trying not to think about the summer too much, because goalscorers aside I think the squad is now almost as good as we can realistically expect it to be. If anyone goes it'll probably be a big, unpopular sale.

Yea but you can say that about all the clubs outside of Man City/Man U/Chelsea, thing is if we lose anyone I think most people are confident we will sign a quality replacement.

Like in any walk of life a real man takes action when the situation requires and the same applies in football management. Changes had to be made to capitalize on our relative dominance and add that little spark that we needed.

Oh we're a goal down and now you make the changes? You must want to score a goal now :rolleyes:

If he'd made a change before the winning Swansea goal I have absolutely no doubt he'd have been slagged for changing what was working. :lol:

Jesus wept, man :lol:

That sums it up really well. At 0-0 he wasn't desperate to get a goal and that is totally unacceptable given the circumstances.

If he'd made a change before the winning Swansea goal I have absolutely no doubt he'd have been slagged for changing what was working. :lol:

This :lol:

Well I can't account for everyone else but I can guarantee you that I wouldn't have.

Eh? did you say something?

He said "Jesus wept, man" and then chuckled.

That sums it up really well. At 0-0 he wasn't desperate to get a goal and that is totally unacceptable given the circumstances.

The only change he could've realistically made would've been Marveaux/Obertan for Jonas and even that would've been churlish considering how well Jonas and Debuchy linked up in the second half. We had no other game changers on the bench.

He said "Jesus wept, man" and then chuckled.

Correct.

Spudil, you're chatting shite.

The only change he could've realistically made would've been Marveaux/Obertan for Jonas and even that would've been churlish considering how well Jonas and Debuchy linked up in the second half. We had no other game changers on the bench.

Yet Luke Moore has changed the game for them by shuffling the pack and sending Michu back to run midfield. Last season against Man City, Mancini took a striker off for De Jong to release Toure, who scored within five minutes.

You don't always need a "game-changer" if you think about it enough. Pardew is embarrassingly poor at doing this because he's a tactical dud.

Sometimes as a manager you have to do stuff to change the game that goes beyond hoying Shola on. That is all he knows.

Such nonsense :lol:

It is a fact that to be successful you must always be on the front foot willing to take action and risks and not rest on your laurels. Reactionary people will always be less successful and so too will reactionary managers.

Some really strange posts in here today :lol:

In what way? Just out of curiosity.

Well just the Routledge stuff really, seems a really strange and needless dig to have given the majority thought exactly the same. He never looked like the player he is now with us or Villa or Spurs.

Rather than making things happen , Pardew lets things happen first before doing something...rather akin to a cricket captain moving a fieldsman to an area where he would've caught someone out the ball previous. Today, he should've pushed on and made an attacking sub in the second half, whilst we were dominating. Maybe Marveaux for Jonas or even Tiote would've made us more potent offensively and may have even won us the game.

Some really strange posts in here today :lol:

In what way? Just out of curiosity.

Well just the Routledge stuff really, seems a really strange and needless dig to have given the majority thought exactly the same. He never looked like the player he is now with us or Villa or Spurs.

Ah aye, I thought I was in the matchj thread for some reason :blush:

Thought I'd missed something :lol:

Guest neesy111

The loss isn't on Pardew at all.  I have no problem with him today.  Personally I'd brought on Marveaux on to mix things up, nothing else.

Guest neesy111

Didn't see too much of the 1st half, but was it another poor start for us today?

Opposite we dominated the 1st 5 mins.  Then they dominated the next 10. :lol:

I don't understand the negativity in this thread at all.  We out-passed and out-thought a good Swansea side, who are on a high, in their own back yard.

Barring the comical error in our defense today, i think nigh on evrryone  would have taken a draw before the game.