Alan Pardew

Dave

Was it f***ing fantastic for Harry? Who did it twice in 3 years.

IMO the first time yes. The second good. Overall he done a great job.

If AVB does 4th, it's a good job, target reached. 3rd? Great.

I don't think Dembele is half as good as Modric was, they've also been short on Striker options. New manager, trying to mould new players into a new system, plenty to prove, i'd say 4th would be a great finish.

Was it f***ing fantastic for Harry? Who did it twice in 3 years.

IMO the first time yes. The second good. Overall he done a great job.

If AVB does 4th, it's a good job, target reached. 3rd? Great.

I don't think Dembele is half as good as Modric was, they've also been short on Striker options. New manager, trying to mould new players into a new system, plenty to prove, i'd say 4th would be a great finish.

I disagree. Dembele is different but I don't think he's far away from Modric at all. Even if you think he's not as good by a distance. Modric and VDV for Dembele, Holtby, Sigurdsson & Dempsey isn't a bad deal at all.

Same strikers they had last year. Without Dempsey to fill in.

What about the 3 first defenders they've introduced? The world class goalkeeper?

Would you take last years squad over this?

4th would be great, aye. That's their target and level of their squad. Any less would be seen as a disappointment and a underachievement.

No. Put simply, we have the sixth biggest wage bill (IIRC). Therefore sixth is theoretically our level.

Less than fourth would be a disappointment, of course, same as for any of the top clubs. Including Liverpool, amusingly. You can't say that it would necessarily be underachievement though, because there are so many variables. What if we get yet another critical injury (say, Lloris)? What if we have a player sent off again on Sunday? What if Arsenal go on a fantastic run?

All I realistically asked of AVB was a solid season, signs of a plan both on and off the field, and a top six finish. In the medium term I want a challenge for the CL places every year, integration of the youth into the squad and the ability to challenge in the Europa if we don't qualify for the CL. He's managed that in his first season, when he was still arguably an unknown quantity in this league, and everything could have gone tits up. That's good enough for me.

I'll judge him after at least one more season. Harry did a fantastic job, and I'm forever grateful, but I'm still glad he's not our manager now. I think a large number of Spirs fans share those sentiments, and a surprising number of other fans (and other Spurs fans too) seem to struggle to get their head round it.

No. Put simply, we have the sixth biggest wage bill (IIRC). Therefore sixth is theoretically our level.

Less than fourth would be a disappointment, of course, same as for any of the top clubs. Including Liverpool, amusingly. You can't say that it would necessarily be underachievement though, because there are so many variables. What if we get yet another critical injury (say, Lloris)? What if we have a player sent off again on Sunday? What if Arsenal go on a fantastic run?

All I realistically asked of AVB was a solid season, signs of a plan both on and off the field, and a top six finish. In the medium term I want a challenge for the CL places every year, integration of the youth into the squad and the ability to challenge in the Europa if we don't qualify for the CL. He's managed that in his first season, when he was still arguably an unknown quantity in this league, and everything could have gone tits up. That's good enough for me.

I'll judge him after at least one more season. Harry did a fantastic job, and I'm forever grateful, but I'm still glad he's not our manager now. I think a large number of Spirs fans share those sentiments, and a surprising number of other fans (and other Spurs fans too) seem to struggle to get their head round it.

No, football teams don't perform on paper or on wage bills. The squad, is 4th best in the league imo. That is where you should finish. With Chelsea faltering, 3rd is now viable again like last season.

I would think Spurs slightly under-performed if you did finish 6th but I wouldn't be worried long-term. You're bringing in the younger players to an already youngish set-up. There's no doubting these last couple years have been a window to get into the top 4 though.

I agree, long-term AVB looks far more promising than 'Arry. Whose signings and everything he does, is built for short-term success. As for the job he has actually done, it's been good but no better than what Redknapp done..... so far.

Personally, with that bit more options in your squad, I have you as favourite's for the Europa.

I'll say it now before the bashing brigade comes in. Not his fault today. We could have just as easily finished off a 2-0 win and an excellent 2nd half performance away from home. A mix of poor finishing and comical defending cost us the game, but it shouldn't take away from the positives. There was really only a 15 minute spell in the first half where they were on top.

Guest Dontooner

Out played in the first half, press higher and controlled the second , Lost unfortunately .

TBH Pardew still isn't a top 6 Coach , he needs help with passing , it is still the weakest part of our game.