Alan Pardew

Dave

Think he may have meant posters tbh.

Either way, the whole "You're not a real fan unless you back the manager 100%!" sentiment is ludicrous.

It's more a 'many of those screaming for him to go have never been within 1,000 miles of Newcastle' sentiment IMO.

Think he may have meant posters tbh.

Either way, the whole "You're not a real fan unless you back the manager 100%!" sentiment is ludicrous.

It's more a 'many of those screaming for him to go have never been within 1,000 miles of Newcastle' sentiment IMO.

As if that's any better though.

Well it's much easier for people to chuck their toys out of the pram game by game when it doesn't really make any difference to them. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone - some of Pardew's biggest critics on here are Geordies - but there are certain Scandinavian trends and it's a bit galling at times.

Well it's much easier for people to chuck their toys out of the pram game by game when it doesn't really make any difference to them. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone - some of Pardew's biggest critics on here are Geordies - but there are certain Scandinavian trends and it's a bit galling at times.

:lol:

That just seems to boil down to "fair weather" fans more broadly. Which I guess you're more likely to find among foreigners than you are among locals.

The disdain for Pardew can be irrational at times.

Well since I stopped posting this thread has really gone to s***

Adding to what Dave has said:

Everyone knows deep down that Pardew is a fairly s*** manager. But not many believe his position is under any threat or that he is under any pressure to preform. So the choice that that leaves certain individuals who are so emotionally invested in football is either a) be depressed or b) rationalize Pardew into a good manager who has had bad luck.

Me personally I'm am not that emotionally invested in football and loathe to lose my objectiveness. Fact is that if fans felt that Pardew could easily lose his job and we could attract a competent manager these delusions would not exist to anywhere near the extent that they do and the fans would be on his back non-stop.

come at me, Pardfags

Right, back to more pressing business please.

Pards looked a right scruffy sod at the weekend and I was close to wishing an on the spot sacking for his unshaven mug ...However.

Having had a look at the latest training pics on the old astroturf, the whole bloody team are sporting a three day growth. Even those struggling to sprout more than bumfluff patches are looking decidedly shady.

What the devil is going on?!

See this thread continues to be an absolute abomination. Full of utter freaks and foreign posers (many contaminating the middle sector of this ugly venn diagram) desperately attempting to assert their support for NUFC in the form of feigned anger at the manager.

Pardew has clearly made many mistakes this season, but we find ourselves in the last 16 of the waffa and with a promising squad for next season. The man got us to fifth with a worse squad (on paper, of course). Get behind the man.

Your username says all that needs to be said about you.  :lol:

I'll make this post in here, though it could quite easily fit a lot of others. 

It seems that some folk can't quite accept that folk have a different opinion than themselves.  Not only that, but if the opinion is different than the one they hold, it also means, therefore, that they are obviously wrong and about one rung up from earning contempt.  Ffs, why can't some folk realise that this is only a message board and whatever opinions are held it does, in the grand scheme of things, not matter one jot to the real world.

Cool your skin. Jelly and ice cream. Yum yum.

Ana man for folks sake.

Feel like a young Nigel Farage. Xenophobia seeping from my every pore. FWIW, 'posers' was the intentional meaning in that Rivers of Blood tirade. The majority of foreign posters are fabulous when it is clear they have genuine emotional attachment to the club.

What is slightly galling, and noticeable of late, is random Doug Stanhopes calling for the managers head having taken us up as their EPL ROSTER shortly after the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. These people are perfectly harmless in truth, the real problem lies with the seething ant-Pardew reprobates who actually attend matches and spread their depressing gospel around the city like footballing dementors.

Anyway, off to Blyth beach to ward off immigrants.

See this thread continues to be an absolute abomination. Full of utter freaks and foreign posers (many contaminating the middle sector of this ugly venn diagram) desperately attempting to assert their support for NUFC in the form of feigned anger at the manager.

Pardew has clearly made many mistakes this season, but we find ourselves in the last 16 of the waffa and with a promising squad for next season. The man got us to fifth with a worse squad (on paper, of course). Get behind the man.

Your username says all that needs to be said about you.  :lol:

Guns carved from pure granite and a cock the size of a giraffe's tibia?

Feel like a young Nigel Farage. Xenophobia seeping from my every pore. FWIW, 'posers' was the intentional meaning in that Rivers of Blood tirade. The majority of foreign posters are fabulous when it is clear they have genuine emotional attachment to the club.

What is slightly galling, and noticeable of late, is random Doug Stanhopes calling for the managers head having taken us up as their EPL ROSTER shortly after the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. These people are perfectly harmless in truth, the real problem lies with the seething ant-Pardew reprobates who actually attend matches and spread their depressing gospel around the city like footballing dementors.

Some snippets from around the internet that show how other supporters at other clubs regard their managers:

Moyes:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/53593-Norwich-2-1-Everton-23rd-Feb-15-00/page63?highlight=tactics+defensive

But the late and negative substitutions, and refusal to play the likes of Oviedo when Pienaar is so out of form can't be overlooked either. I, like everyone else, would hate to see a return to the dark pre-Moyes days but I have a feeling this is his last season here. Either it'll be no top six finish and no trophy (and "I've done as much as I can here.") or sign-off with the FA Cup and leave having won something at last.

Whatever, as long as the finances at the club remain as they are, I fear for our future without Davy, I really do.

Agree with this but would like to add to it.

on jelavic : yes his first touch is off form , but aswell as that i just dont think he is getting the supply from the wings. only baines is putting the ball in. pienaar is constantly cutting inside and balloning the ball into road z rather than getting behind players and cutting a cross. on the other wing theres nothing coming from naismith. miralles or coleman should be our only options here. jelavic is imo also falling foul to the dreaded moyes tactics. happens to every striker we get , asked to run the line and do the dirty work alone in the hope support comes from midfield.time for an orthodox 442 with a decent strike partnership.

Wenger:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=293182&p=34410662

And you really have to start questioning his tactics, organisation, and team discipline after a while. I mean our backline has looked amateurish at times, our midfield has looked weak, and our attack has been non-existent in some matches. I can't put all the blame on the ability of our players...it's been clear to me that things have not been working in the current shape, tactics, organisation- really don't understand why Arsène hasn't changed things around more.

Looking at the last seven or eight years as a whole, we've been continually undone by a poor defence. Not poor defenders, but a poor defence. I'm all in favour of the board giving Wenger £30m to buy a new striker and further funds to spend on the squad, but until we do some serious training ground work on the back four we're going to carry on going in circles. Yeah we could sell Vermaelen or whatever, but at the moment I could see us signing Chiellini and Kompany and turning them into pub players.

The thing that irks me most is the absolute disdain he shows for the defensive side of the game, he really needs help there and if he's too proud to admit it then he really has to go.

We are making the same mistakes over and over again, this is a management and training ground issue and is continually being ignored. It is time for a change.

He's lost his nous.

Seems to only be able to encourage the players for the big games, but is constantly let down by poor tactics and an inability to correct major errors.

He's too stubborn for his own good, doesn't listen to outside advice (by the look of things) and wants to do everything his own way with his 'For the Good of Football policy'.

I'm sorry, but this season has completely opened my eyes on his inability to manage a top-quality competitive side in the last 3 years.

Maybe he's working on a restricted budget, but that doesn't account for his foolish tactics, substitutions and line-ups.

I can't help but feel he just has to leave, before he completely wrecks his legacy and turns the fans against him.

Mancini:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=6473466&sid=e49851f66c1a14646a926418f2c7b396

Mancini strikes again with his bullshits tactics :(

Another season of disappointment,bewilderment,frustration but worst of all,boring,predictable football,no thank you

Doesn't seem to have the tactical ability to work out parked buses and high pressing mobile teams. The player personnel is part to blame but the structure of the squad is of his choosing, he had a bottomless wallet for several windows and could have bought wingers, fast midfielders, anything he wanted really.

Villas Boas:

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/30768-avb-midterm-report-card.html

I would have been more impressed if he could have sorted out our tendency to leak late goals which if we had even dropped half the points we already have we'd be up to about 2nd.

I also question his subs at times and feel they're a bit negative, which might be the reason why we've conceded so many late goals.

But, there have been a few games where we've come from behind where I dont think we would have if Harry was still our manager.

Overall, very pleased so far....he needs to be backed next month and if he is I think we'll continue to surprise people given its his first season

I expect that there's only Laudrup, Ferguson, and AVB in the Premier League who aren't constantly under fire from posters on internet message boards for either negative tactics or being unable to organize a defence.

And while he might escape the "tactically clueless" criticism, Villas Boas isnt immune to that other universal favourite: "negative substitutions"

Even Ferguson got stick from man united fans on the internet until a few years ago. He has had to prove them wrong an embarrassing number of times to shut them up.

And AVB and Laudrup haven't even been in their jobs a year. Villas Boas got regularly slaughtered for his tactics when he was at Chelsea. It's probably just the way of the internet.

Elephant in the room there is that none of those managers have had their talented squad battling relegation.

Moyes took Everton from 7th to 17th tbf. They finished with 39 points. Year after they ended up 4th.

Interesting the subs comments.

I remember SBR getting a lot of stick for his subs as well.

I don't think fans are ever happy with them tbh, or at least more often than not they think the wrong choices have been made. Maybe from the outside looking in they are seen as more of a potential game changer than they often are.

Would be interesting to see if any fans actually rate their managers ability to fully utilise the bench.

I still don't understand why managers don't do 3 subs at once more often.

Depends when they were made I suppose, I always shit myself when we have made all our subs with 20 minutes+ to go.

Guest neesy111

Depends when they were made I suppose, I always shit myself when we have made all our subs with 20 minutes+ to go.

If your losing though and not looking to get back in the game then such a move can breathe new life in a team imo.

If your losing though and not looking to get back in the game then such a move can breathe new life in a team imo.

I think there are good arguments either way. As you say it could raise the team, it could also give the opposition a few troubles with the way they have set up.

It could also lead to a few mistakes with the team/players possibly changing the way they are set up, who they are alongside now etc..

My main concern as mentioned though is someone picking up a knock with a fair bit of the game to go.