Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

0-0 away in Russia against a billionaires assortment of players with a great manager and also having to adapt to an artifical pitch and temperature isnt a good enough result for some?  Fucking hell.

Pardew see, as someone who very muchly dislikes him. I can't fault him for tonight, actually thought we were far better than some think. Regarding how we contained them like.

Oh my word, some of the numpties on here.

This is a great result. A million miles from home, cold, weird pitch, playing a better side.

Yet, some will moan....

f*** me.

Oh boo hoo, how hard that must be.

Pretty difficult I'd imagine.

Great result - I expect next week to be much harder as we'll be expected to take the game to them. I think they'll score over here.

yes and no, we have no need to go flying at them from the off.

Only the 2nd the leg will tell if this is a decent night.

Disagree completely, this leg gives us the perfect opportunity to go through, if we mess it up next week the problem is next week not with this result.

Bingo.

Beginning the understand why some have been fed-up with this thread. :lol:

Not much to criticize the man for tonight.

Not really sure who you're referring to looking at the last page or so.

Should've gone to specsavers

Not as hard as usual, mind:

He's a boring b******, the result looks to have justified his game plan but we'll not know for another week if that's the case or not.

Thises ^

He's a boring b******, the result looks to have justified his game plan but we'll not know for another week if that's the case or not.

Thises ^

There's absolutely no criticism there though. ???

Thises ^

I’m not sure that I was having a go at him about tonight and thought the result justified his game plan, some people are far too sensitive.  A goalless draw tonight is useless though if we do anything other than win next week.

We're basically drawing at half time and that's useless if we lose, or in this case have a score draw in the 2nd half (leg).

Knockout football suits Pardews tactical defensive approach. In the premiership he's struggling to get any rythm.

Our run in every previous knock out competition under his stewardship suggests that is not correct.

Think he means two leg knockout football surely?

He's boring, but for the last 2 games there's not been much to criticize him for since the player have been extremely poor themselves offensively.

I don't like him as you all know, but I though that today was the first time in a long time he tried to set out the team a bit differently, didn't work, too bad. Just don't start fucking Cisse on the wing again please.

I would have taken 0-0 before the game.  We've given ourselves a really good chance to get through although the away goals thing is a bit of a worry.  He set us up not to concede and it worked. 

I noticed our defence were playing quite compact and giving them absolutely no space in the middle so credit to Pardew for that.  He went there with a plan, executed it well and came away with what should be a decent result for us.

He's boring, but for the last 2 games there's not been much to criticize him for since the player have been extremely poor themselves offensively.

Don't think there is anything to criticize him for since the new signings tbh, i think he can be successful as long as he has the depth to back him up.

He's not going to be a manager who can win games with very few quality players out on the pitch, but with strength in depth he can be a success.

He set us up perfectly yesterday and made good subs. Sure we didn´t created so much but we could still have won and I still think that we didn´t lose was the most important. Will be nervous that we have to win next week (a scoring draw and we are out) but maybe that´s a good thing, now we can´t sit back. Hopefully Cissé is back though and Ben Arfa takes Obertans place.

Anyway, as I said, Pardew did a good job. Ben Arfa in form would have buried that!