Alan Pardew

Dave

Amazing that we can start a game with no creativity with Marv and even Obertan on the bench. That's what his backups are for, and yet he leaves them on the bench when it's their shot to make something happen. Fortunately they came on and changed things. I don't mind Shola starting from here, even though I'd rather it be Cisse, but at the very least Marveaux has to be starting.

Nah ive always said it with the limited options we've got, if Pardew has to play two men up front and go long like he loves to, it should always be Ba with Shola, or Cisse with Shola, because then you got two different types of forwards that offer the opposition's defense different things to defend against. 

Shola is incapable of starting football matches, it's as simple as that.

Amazing that we can start a game with no creativity with Marv and even Obertan on the bench. That's what his backups are for, and yet he leaves them on the bench when it's their shot to make something happen. Fortunately they came on and changed things. I don't mind Shola starting from here, even though I'd rather it be Cisse, but at the very least Marveaux has to be starting.

Nah ive always said it with the limited options we've got, if Pardew has to play two men up front and go long like he loves to, it should always be Ba with Shola, or Cisse with Shola, because then you got two different types of forwards that offer the opposition's defense different things to defend against. 

Shola is incapable of starting football matches, it's as simple as that.

Nonsense, he's a better options than the mediocre partnership of Ba and Cisse.

Giving Pardew credit for the subs today is like giving McClaren credit for bringing on strikers when he was a couple of goals down in the Europa with Boro (against Basel/Bucharest?). It's not tactical nous, it's fucking desperation. It's exhausting all other alternatives. It's Obertan getting injured last season which allowed HBA to finally start some fucking games. He's as much of a tactical moron as he ever has been.

did i watch the wrong game today or something, all 3 subs made an impact. Yes i wanted marveaux on earlier, but obertan was the right choice in the end his pace saved us on one occasion and he looked decent, ameobi got the goal and looked a handful and then marveaux came on and looked good as well. Not that happy with the starting eleven, but we have a small squad with injuries and he is trying to get some of last season familiarity back.

Have to say some people on here seem to have developed a pathological hatred of Pardew.

The 3 subs he made today swung the game in our favour so I'm stunned to come on here and see some people rubbishing him as a manager. After the first subs on 60 mins there was only one team that was going to win the game.

Considering we've not actually won a game against a team playing with 11 men for almost 2 months we did exactly what we needed to do today. Never looked like conceeding and then went for them in the last 30 minutes. Not brilliant stuff but efficient and effective.

Would I like us to have been sharper in the first hour? Yes. But considering the low base we're coming from today was a step forward and Pardew does deserve some credit for that (in the same way he deserves some criticism for where we are in the league).

Have to say some people on here seem to have developed a pathological hatred of Pardew.

The 3 subs he made today swung the game in our favour so I'm stunned to come on here and see some people rubbishing him as a manager. After the first subs on 60 mins there was only one team that was going to win the game.

Considering we've not actually won a game against a team playing with 11 men for almost 2 months we did exactly what we needed to do today. Never looked like conceeding and then went for them in the last 30 minutes. Not brilliant stuff but efficient and effective.

Would I like us to have been sharper in the first hour? Yes. But considering the low base we're coming from today was a step forward and Pardew does deserve some credit for that (in the same way he deserves some criticism for where we are in the league).

Wrong starting line up though.

Giving Pardew credit for the subs today is like giving McClaren credit for bringing on strikers when he was a couple of goals down in the Europa with Boro (against Basel/Bucharest?). It's not tactical nous, it's f***ing desperation. It's exhausting all other alternatives. It's Obertan getting injured last season which allowed HBA to finally start some f***ing games. He's as much of a tactical moron as he ever has been.

Fair enough,  Pardew's starting line-up was a mistake today, just like almost every game he set's out.

No one could have predicted Shola to come on and play as well as he did. Same really of Obertan. Marveaux still should have been on much earlier (should have started tbh).

At the time the first round of subs was made, they were awful. Pards got lucky.

Giving Pardew credit for the subs today is like giving McClaren credit for bringing on strikers when he was a couple of goals down in the Europa with Boro (against Basel/Bucharest?). It's not tactical nous, it's fucking desperation. It's exhausting all other alternatives. It's Obertan getting injured last season which allowed HBA to finally start some fucking games. He's as much of a tactical moron as he ever has been.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Credit for the subs but simply has to bring Marveaux into the fold. I dont like this Ba situation either, seems to me Pardew is clearly pandering to him. He either has to move Ba wide or just leave Cisse on the bench and have done with it. He's failed to get them playing well together and refused to move Ba left even tho it worked last season. So play either Ba or Cisse central and put Marveaux/Obertan wide beside either of them.

To be fair, Obertan's a much better option than Jonas these days and it was obvious we'd improve after that change.

Even Fergie is a better option. I am serious.  Jonas finally surpassed Williamson to be my weakest link in starting eleven and must be dropped asap.

Oh wait, just curious, would there be "a right sub" if there's no "a wrong starting lineup"?

There can be. For example, if the opposition change their set-up mid-game, which swings the game in their favour, which forces you to re-evaluate your own system/personnel and make a switch.

Guest bimpy474

Well bollocks like.

I supported him and stuck up for him but now i want him gone. Many reasons but the main one is the fucking dreadful long ball football we have had to watch this season so far (last few game have been better).

He deserve everything he gets, just because he made good subs today ?. What after fucking up the starting line up, what about the dreadful play, lack of movement, poor crossing and the rest of the shite i just watched.

He is proving a shit long ball merchant manager. I'm judging this over months and not just a few games by the way.

Oh wait, just curious, would there be "a right sub" if there's no "a wrong starting lineup"?

There can be. For example, if the opposition change their set-up mid-game, which swings the game in their favour, which forces you to re-evaluate your own system/personnel and make a switch.

I see, got it, agree then.

Wrong starting line up though.

I agree - I would have liked to see Marv start. Amoebi was the player who had the most impact though and people on here would have had a meltdown if he'd started instead of Cisse (and I'd argue he's much more effective as a sub than starting).