Alan Pardew

Dave

Something's terribly wrong.

Obviously Pardew's not an idiot and sacking the manager is not the answer, but as it is I don't expect us to start spontaneously playing well again next week or any week. It's going to be a pretty boring season.

Guest palnese

Obviously Pardew's not an idiot and sacking the manager is not the answer, but as it is I don't expect us to start spontaneously playing well again next week or any week. It's going to be a pretty boring season.

You sure about that?

You sure about that?

The rest of his tenure aside from this season can't have been dumb luck. Clearly something has changed, whether that's just mass complacency or some actual behind the scenes bullshit I have no way of knowing.

You sure about that?

The rest of his tenure aside from this season can't have been dumb luck. Clearly something has changed, whether that's just mass complacency or some actual behind the scenes bullshit I have no way of knowing.

The Europa League thing is a big part of it IMO, the negativity that he's drumming into the players about how this will affect them every other week is criminal.  If he's so precious about preparation time then it's a wonder he wanted to qualify for it in the first place.

If Pardew knew how to make a passing team I expect he would do it.  Maybe the answer is to sell someone like Cabaye while his stock is still high and use the money to buy some players that suit his.... style, for want of a better word. Andy Carroll and that Sissoko would probably fit the bill.

Maybe we can stumble onto a winning formula like last season. There's enough talent in our squad for them to work out a passing style even without any input from Pardew. In fact the less input from that twat the better. It will ahve to happen sooner rather than later though otherwise the season is going to fizzle out very quickly.

If Pardew knew how to make a passing team I expect he would do it.  Maybe the answer is to sell someone like Cabaye while his stock is still high and use the money to buy some players that suit his.... style, for want of a better word. Andy Carroll and that Sissoko would probably fit the bill.

Maybe we can stumble onto a winning formula like last season. There's enough talent in our squad for them to work out a passing style even without any input from Pardew. In fact the less input from that twat the better. It will ahve to happen sooner rather than later though otherwise the season is going to fizzle out very quickly.

Erm, harsh. :lol:

Some players are repeatedly letting him down in fairness.

When are you going to crawl out of his arse?

I think I've been very fair tbh. He needs to take responsibility for the poor performances but players like Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have all been poor this season. There's no real argument against that.

It's up to Pardew to change that, though. Whether it's dropping players or man-motivating them (something that we know he can do, in fairness) the buck stops with him. His 'tactics' have been nothing short of fucking criminal these past few weeks with little sign that he's willing to mix things up. I can see why players would become demotivated under the current system.

The worst part is that he often makes comments on our poor play, but does f*** all about it.

So f***ing annoying.

Kevin Keegan KNEW he wanted a passing team so he coached passing and his teams passed the ball.

Pardew's teams sit deep and hit long balls towards big strikers. What do you think that says about his coaching sessions?

yep think most of our goals this season probably came from an assist from Tim Krul,

yep booting it long and catching teams out on the break.  works once in a while.

Has to be said there's clearly something wrong with the players mentally. A lot of this reminds me of when things started to go bad with Roeder after that Southampton loss in 06/07. Everyone just looks terrified of everything.

give a guy a long term contract no need to prove himself hence the state we're in

The main thing I'd say in his favour is that he'd clearly like us to have another 3 or 4 good players and was let down by the board on that.  He'll be privately using that as an excuse though, goes hand in hand with the Europa League excuse.  Mind you, it would be good if he packed in the Mike Ashley platitudes given that Ashley could have positively affected the situation.

I think I've been very fair tbh. He needs to take responsibility for the poor performances but players like Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have all been poor this season. There's no real argument against that.

That's because they're footballers and need a side set up to play football. How good do you think Rooney or Nani would look if Man sat back and whacked the ball long rather than push forward and play passing football?

That's because they're footballers and need a side set up to play football. How good do you think Rooney or Nani would look if Man sat back and whacked the ball long rather than push forward and play passing football?

Obviously our style has never been particularly attractive, but it's the same tactics as last year and questions do have to be asked why the players are suddenly playing like shit.

There's no doubt about it, he's last a lot if kudos after last season. Since he won Manager of the Year, his team haven't once played well for 90 minutes.

Worrying. Can't see us being much better against Swansea either.