Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew's said that he  brought Shola on as Cisse had a back problem.

Who else was the option? It's not entirely Pardews fault that we've got three senior strikers, one of which has never consistently scored goals.

People say we have a great squad, we don't. We have a handful of very good players and a lot of average- good ones and a sprinkling of dross. The likes of Shola and Williamson are barely PL standard yet week after week we have to rely on them due to the limitations of the squad and persistent penny pinching.

For me it's nailed on that he's got to go.

For me, it's nailed on that you're an absolute cretin for thinking that.

Glad you think that  :aww:

I cant see what benefit you see in him staying (beyond this season) is tbh. Do you watch our games? :lol:

Pardew's said that he  brought Shola on as Cisse had a back problem.

Who else was the option? It's not entirely Pardews fault that we've got three senior strikers, one of which has never consistently scored goals.

People say we have a great squad, we don't. We have a handful of very good players and a lot of average- good ones and a sprinkling of dross. The likes of Shola and Williamson are barely PL standard yet week after week we have to rely on them due to the limitations of the squad and persistent penny pinching.

Very true, I appreciate that. But it doesn't excuse the way we continued to launch it. Never been a big believe in the 'Hoof it to the big lad up top' myself, but obviously it gets you places!

When you have Shola on, the tactic is always going to be direct. He's simply not mobile enough to create space for himself and he's got sod all pace so giving him through balls is a non starter.

The option to be direct is there when you have him on, yeah. Perhaps getting on the end of crosses in the box, getting on the end of well drilled set pieces, being constructive in that sense. Not have the ball bludgeoned up to him or hoofed over the top for him to chase- which we were doing. Use him to your advantage and I don't mind, but our 'gameplan' was/is just embarrassing.

There is no way he will see out 8 years. I don't even think that's a discussion, it was more a statement than anything.

Aye, its obvious that he has clauses i.e finishing in a certain position, financial targets even. But I just cant see us making any progression as a club with him here beyond this season. He's out of his depth it's blatantly obvious. I think we should stick with him until the end of the season because mid-season sackings are ridiculous. But, the one thing I shall stick up for him in is that as long as Ashley's here no manager will have a proper, strong squad to compete with.

What an absolute bunch of fucking idiots in this thread, we finished 5th last season for fucks sake, we played badly but were missing tiote and collocini the spine of the team. Reminds me of a Rtg type

Thread, thick fucking brain dead twats hiding behind a keyboard!

What an absolute bunch of f***ing idiots in this thread, we finished 5th last season for f***s sake, we played badly but were missing tiote and collocini the spine of the team. Reminds me of a Rtg type

Thread, thick f***ing brain dead twats hiding behind a keyboard!

Is that some kind of admission?

Guest malandro

In our first season back in the PL we had 17 points from eleven games under Chris Hughton, who got sacked a few games later.  Two years on we have a better squad of players but have been fortunate to get 14 points from eleven games under Pardew.

Comparisons don't always stand up but it's debatable whether appointing Pardew has been a step forward.

In our first season back in the PL we had 17 points from eleven games under Chris Hughton, who got sacked a few games later.  Two years on we have a better squad of players but have been fortunate to get 14 points from eleven games under Pardew.

Comparisons don't always stand up but it's debatable whether appointing Pardew has been a step forward.

:thup:

I don't want him sacked but I d want him to be pro-active and do something to solve the problems we've clearly got atm. The team is not functioning and that's his responsibility.

Manage the players at his disposal and if that means dropping under-performing players then do it. If that means changing formation then do it. If that means upsetting Ba and/or Cisse then do it. The team comes first.

I would kick him out right the way if I got the chance. Sadly, as been said, that wouldn´t matter because we would only get some shit in anyway. So I would keep him the rest of the season, then sack him (but that won´t matter either because Ashley doesn´t care about us and won´t get the right man in).

The facts are clear though. Pardew will only take us backwards. I have compared him with Roeder and I have no reason to chance that. I got laughed off last time but didn´t care, so why would I do that now?

If we want to compete again Pardew has to go, but the same goes for Ashley. The future is not looking that bright after all.