Alan Pardew

Dave

Understand the annoyance in his repeated comments about expecting bids, but maybe he is also putting pressure on the board as well to only except an "Andy Carroll" type bid (which I guess didn't come in during this window) and if we don't move forward - it's only a matter of time before ambitious players are off without credible investment.

I wasn't happy with his latest statement that the fans should realize this was a good window and him firmly standing in the Mike and Decka's corner. I get it that there are two sides of the coin and that some (even on this board) do feel that it was a good window because we kept all our main players, but as manager there is no need for him to take sides and make us realize things which really sounds condescending. Whatever his intention was, lost some respect for him with that statement.

I wasn't happy with his latest statement that the fans should realize this was a good window and him firmly standing in the Mike and Decka's corner. I get it that there are two sides of the coin and that some (even on this board) do feel that it was a good window because we kept all our main players, but as manager there is no need for him to take sides and make us realize things which really sounds condescending. Whatever his intention was, lost some respect for him with that statement.

How the fuck is that "taking sides"?

How the f*** is that "taking sides"?

Err perhaps because Mike and Decka obviously think that what we have is sufficient to carry us through to January. Unless you're suggesting that they are looking on gleefully whilst sabotaging us. And absolutely no need with the fucking

Personally think that it's cowardice going 4-4-2 all of the time. I know Pardew likes to keep things safe, but I think we look better defensively when we play 4-3-3 as we keep the ball better, and due to the central midfielders the back four has more protection at times.

Guest Realist

Said it in the MDT - if we're not motivated and pushed to beat this Villa side with a 4-4-2, then 4-3-3 isn't going to change much IMO.  Any Pardew criticism should start with an inquiry as to our philosophy and mentality.

I still don't understand why he plays 442 every fucking match, every time we do we end up playing poorly.

Because he's an over-cautious twat.

Nice to see he has built up some good will with our best finish for years last season :lol:

We have had plenty of possesion, a load of corners, Ben Arfa hasn't been stuck to one position.

I prefer 4-3-3 like most but playing 4-4-2 isn't why we aren't clicking today, the amount of shit corners/set pieces are a much bigger concern and no formation is going to change that. Really not sure what they coach into these lads for set pieces but we have some really talented players who for some reason are absolutely pathetic at kicking a deal ball into a reasonable area of the box, it either hits the first man in the shins or one of ours are desperately chasing to stop it going out.

I still don't understand why he plays 442 every fucking match, every time we do we end up playing poorly.

Because he's an over-cautious twat.

Nice to see he has built up some good will with our best finish for years last season :lol:

We have had plenty of possesion, a load of corners, Ben Arfa hasn't been stuck to one position.

I prefer 4-3-3 like most but playing 4-4-2 isn't why we aren't clicking today, the amount of shit corners/set pieces are a much bigger concern and no formation is going to change that. Really not sure what they coach into these lads for set pieces but we have some really talented players who for some reason are absolutely pathetic at kicking a deal ball into a reasonable area of the box, it either hits the first man in the shins or one of ours are desperately chasing to stop it going out.

We shouldn't be relying on set pieces though. The formation at the time being is far more of a concern for me than set piece delivery.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye, worrying if we're leaning on corners and free kicks as even last year, our set pieces were largely unfit for purpose.

"The perfect corner" :yao: