Alan Pardew

Dave

It has been embarrassing how many managers we have had in the last decade or so, stability is something we need or we will always struggle to stay a top team season in season out

My least favourite footballing cliche. When you get a good manager, then try to keep him for 10+ years.

Unless Ashley is mates with Martinez, Jol or some other decent coach and both parties are willing to work harmoniously it's all a moot point though. We're stuck with Pardew, no point twisting to nothing so we have to stick until Ashley goes, becomes mates with a better coach or kicks Pardew out of the regime (which we're a million miles away from IMO).

I didn't agree with the 8 year contract that we gave pardew, not the fact he got an extension, just the 8 years. We have to give him time to stabilize this club, we have went from manager to manager and that clearly has not worked IMO.

I didn't agree with the 8 year contract that we gave pardew, not the fact he got an extension, just the 8 years. We have to give him time to stabilize this club, we have went from manager to manager and that clearly has not worked IMO.

The bit in bold is horse piss and that's not aimed at you, it's aimed at the thought of "We have to give him time to stabilize this club."  Just because we give him time doesn't mean that he'll stabilise the club. He could just as easily go the other way and take us backwards and giving him time could make matters far worse than they are now.

Funny how people got laughed at after the West Ham game when some were saying they wanted him out but now, just one game later people seem to think differently.. Maybe not calling for his head, but i doubt many would be too disappointed if he got sacked now (that wont happen though)

Personally i have never believed in him, not even after last season, not to 100% anyway. I would fire him now if i had the choice, why wait if you know he's not the right man for this? Will just make it worse for us in the long term if we wait. I love football when played the right way, and i dont think we'll ever see this with Pardew as manager, and it hurts.

Maybe people just don't feel the need to repeat the position they made clear last week, dude?

A problem has been evident for some time and a concern is becoming a serious worry, but it would still be lunacy to advocate sacking the man at this point.

It would be lunacy if we didn't replace him with a quality manager, yes.

Which isn't going to happen anyway. Not under these clowns.

It has been embarrassing how many managers we have had in the last decade or so, stability is something we need or we will always struggle to stay a top team season in season out

My least favourite footballing cliche. When you get a good manager, then try to keep him for 10+ years.

Unless Ashley is mates with Martinez, Jol or some other decent coach and both parties are willing to work harmoniously it's all a moot point though. We're stuck with Pardew, no point twisting to nothing so we have to stick until Ashley goes, becomes mates with a better coach or kicks Pardew out of the regime (which we're a million miles away from IMO).

This guy.

Funny how people got laughed at after the West Ham game when some were saying they wanted him out but now, just one game later people seem to think differently.. Maybe not calling for his head, but i doubt many would be too disappointed if he got sacked now (that wont happen though)

Personally i have never believed in him, not even after last season, not to 100% anyway. I would fire him now if i had the choice, why wait if you know he's not the right man for this? Will just make it worse for us in the long term if we wait. I love football when played the right way, and i dont think we'll ever see this with Pardew as manager, and it hurts.

Maybe people just don't feel the need to repeat the position they made clear last week, dude?

A problem has been evident for some time and a concern is becoming a serious worry, but it would still be lunacy to advocate sacking the man at this point.

It would be lunacy if we didn't replace him with a quality manager, yes.

Which isn't going to happen anyway. Not under these clowns.

You are probably right, we'll see in the future.

If Pardew can't turn this round (start playing football) there's going to be a few players looking around for a move.

Disturbingly I can't see Pardew changing it, hope I'm wrong.

If I were Ashley I'd replace him tomorrow if I was SURE I was getting a better man in. Trouble is I don't think Ashley knows much about football and what would constitute a better man.

Wonder what Martinez would be like at us.

Wasn't there talk of him turning down the Liverpool job in the summer cos he won't have much say in the direction the club is going? Doubt he will fancy getting it here either with those clowns. Not to mention Whelan possibly making it as hard as possible for Ashley to get him.

Last season's 5th place finish buys him some benefit of the doubt in my eyes, but that fades with each passing week and each non-performance. There's no question there's a major problem. I can't recall the last time we outplayed anyone and won convincingly, it hasn't happened once this season if you don't count Europe. Most of last season was the same story.

The Anita signing was obviously strange and I said so at the time. Those cheering the signing probably felt more would come in but when we already had Tiote and Bigirimana you have to wonder who sanctioned that deal. Let's not forget Keegan walked out on the club after players were signed over his head, so there is a precedent here. I hope Anita comes good and bolsters our options but I can not figure out why he was signed.

Despite the lack of resources we still lack an obvious gameplan even when everyone is fit and the buck stops with Pardew there. I don't think he has been allowed to buy players that fit into his preferred system. If the owner won't back him then he needs to make do. He needs to adopt a system to fit his players, but instead he is trying to make the players fit into his system. He's shoehorning them into unfamiliar roles and as a result has made us lesser than the sum of our parts. Witness things like Ba and Cisse making the same runs in the penalty box, Ben Arfa playing on the half way line and so on, these are things Pardew must be accountable for.

I don't really think any manager will be a big success without the backing of the owner. They're not going to get that off Ashley, I think he got his fingers burnt with all Allardyce's crap buys. I hope Pardew will be creative enough to find a system that gets the most out of the players but the cracks have been showing for weeks now and nothing has been done.

Bit ott in the language a few times, but generally sums it all up really well.

If it weren't for Ben Arfa and Cisse scoring the two goals of the season, we would have finished the season with just one win in six.

That's wrong like. Both of those games we won 2-0, and comfortably beat Stoke at home in the middle.

Generally though I find myself agreeing with it. Infuriating stuff being served up at present, and even ignoring the lack of investment in the squad, considering the talent at our disposal it's not good enough.

Btw we're also rock bottom of the current fair play table (calculated on 9 games). Whilst admittedly most of the categories are highly subjective, the table has us with the:

2nd worst disciplinary record (and this was before Colo's red card)

3rd worst positive play record

Joint 2nd worst respect towards opponents

Joint 4th worst respect towards referee

Joint 2nd worst behaviour of club officials

Generally our discipline this season has been abysmal so far, and it isn't helping.

If Pardew can't turn this round (start playing football) there's going to be a few players looking around for a move.

Disturbingly I can't see Pardew changing it, hope I'm wrong.

If I were Ashley I'd replace him tomorrow if I was SURE I was getting a better man in. Trouble is I don't think Ashley knows much about football and what would constitute a better man.

you really are Mr Logic.

our team is too conditioned in the Pardew way.  As in cautious football, defend deep and hit on the counter attack.

its great when it works to a certain extent, as in terms of giving us a solid foundation and a defense thats hard to break down, we are organized in the back four.

the problem is ....that is the only way the team knows how to play,  when they are encouraged to attack as in vs Swansea, Bruge etc,  the whole defense turns to shyt because they are not accustomed to that form of football, like being coached out of their game, too conditioned, sort of like institutionalized in school of Pardew.

the only way our team knows how to flourish is be on the backfoot, and hope to catch teams out on the counter. 

We haven't got the pace or wide players of quality to play this type of game - you need fast forwards who will frighten defenders into staying back in order to play this type of game successfully.

The tactics being used are useless for the players we have.

Btw we're also rock bottom of the current fair play table (calculated on 9 games). Whilst admittedly most of the categories are highly subjective, the table has us with the:

2nd worst disciplinary record (and this was before Colo's red card)

3rd worst positive play record

Joint 2nd worst respect towards opponents

Joint 4th worst respect towards referee

Joint 2nd worst behaviour of club officials

Generally our discipline this season has been abysmal so far, and it isn't helping.

We've been permanently bottom of that table for about 3 consecutive years :lol:

our team is too conditioned in the Pardew way.  As in cautious football, defend deep and hit on the counter attack.

its great when it works to a certain extent, as in terms of giving us a solid foundation and a defense thats hard to break down, we are organized in the back four.

the problem is ....that is the only way the team knows how to play,  when they are encouraged to attack as in vs Swansea, Bruge etc,  the whole defense turns to shyt because they are not accustomed to that form of football, like being coached out of their game, too conditioned, sort of like institutionalized in school of Pardew.

the only way our team knows how to flourish is be on the backfoot, and hope to catch teams out on the counter. 

We haven't got the pace or wide players of quality to play this type of game - you need fast forwards who will frighten defenders into staying back in order to play this type of game successfully.

The tactics being used are useless for the players we have.

cisse and ba are no slouches and ben arfa is pretty good out wide (even though i don't think it gets the best out of him)

I would be gutted if he was sacked now. The possibility is ludicrous anyway, no idea why people are wasting posts on it.

Not many are tbf, but how long do you think we can put up with results and performances like this, bearing in mind how many players we're going to need to keep again next summer?

full season of this and we'll have a problem like...i think HBA would stay with us as long as he was enjoying his football but very soon he probably won't be in this team, cabaye will want away unless he's able to start playing his game or they sign his best mate...then it'll be a house of cards imo

shola will stay though i'm sure, help with the transition, he's good like that

If Ashley was to sack Pardew, how much would that cost the club? Doesn't the remainder of his contract need to be paid off if he's sacked? 7 years wages?

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ashleyllambias2.jpg

Guest neesy111

I don't want to sack another manager, but neither do I have any confidence in Pardew to sort this mess out or the club to spend money in January.

:undecided:

We'd be a laughing stock for sacking Pardew.

What if Everton had sacked Moyes during one of their poor seasons?

I totally agree with you. Things are really poor at the moment but I dont think its the time to throw our toys out of the pram just yet. I'm certain things will improve when/if we get everyone fit and available.

If Ashley was to sack Pardew, how much would that cost the club? Doesn't the remainder of his contract need to be paid off if he's sacked? 7 years wages?

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ashleyllambias2.jpg

Pardew would get a lot of money then? :lol:

:pardsgrin: