Alan Pardew

Dave

We were tighter as a team. We kicked the ball longer. We tried to get as many bodies behind the ball to make it difficult for their passing game.

f***ing hell.

He says "bodies round the ball", actually. Everything else is correct, though.

We were tighter as a team. We kicked the ball longer. We tried to get as many bodies round the ball to make it difficult for their passing game.

Keeping a tight defensive line up isn't the worst strategy, although I would question whether it's needed against the likes of Swansea. The worst part for me is that Stone has admitted the long ball game is our chosen direction as a football team. Is there any other team in the top six which use this tactic?

Guest neesy111

we weren't even remotely tight either :lol:. Swansea cut through us very easily on the counter and they could've scored 4 or 5 on another day

Missed a good chance only 5 mins into the game as well.

I admit I only watched the highlights on MOTD but it really struck me how many players Southampton were getting forward against QPR yesterday, and that was at 2-1 up, away, in the second half. We all know how we'd approach that scenario, we're such a frightened team.

He has to win the next three games to salvage anything from the mess he's made of two home bankers. Anything less then nine points is completely unacceptable after the last two weeks.

I don't think for a second he'll get it like, our away form is utterly disgraceful and Wigan will pass the ball better than us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Combination of

Poor transfer dealings

Out of form players

p*ss poor tactics

Pardew to blame for at least 2 of them

What p*ss poor transfer dealings ? Lack of transfer dealings , yes, but that isn't down to Pardew. And I'm pretty sure you can't blame the manager for the form of the players.

If Pardew wasn't happy with the window he should have fucking said! His failure to bemoan the lack of activity means he was part of it!

The lack of form is a combination of poor motivation, poor tactics, poor training which Pardew has ultimate control of.

So yeah, he is responsible

Zero away wins so far. Couple of draws we didn't deserve (as in a goal that crossed the line didn't count for Everton and Ba handballed a goal against Reading). Good value for our draws against the Mackems and Liverpool though.

Guest neesy111

I've seen nothing from Pardew's managerial past that he can turn things around, when his teams go on a big slide he's unable to turn it around.

I've seen nothing from Pardew's managerial past that he can turn things around, when his teams go on a big slide he's unable to turn it around.

To be fair to him, he hasn't had the chance, he's been sacked.

could hardly be bothered to watch yesterday. it hurts my eyes.

we lack everything. i cant see what we are trying to do? even the long ball strategy is hard to see the follow.

Shola becoming a regular says everything. He should only be used as sub towards the end.

actually dont know where to begin....i´ll stop here.

Only pardew to blame for this.

if we tried to play like swansea for example i wouldn´t mind we lost (often) and ended midtable coz it was part of a plan trying to get us somewhere in some years time.

there is no development atm.....this will not attract good players and players like arfa will try to leave next summer if a more positive approach isn´t adressed.

To be fair to him, he hasn't had the chance, he's been sacked.

We'll find out in the next 12 months, because he won't be sacked here any time soon.

I place blame squarely at the feet of our European campaign.  Not that we have been putting too much emphasis on the European competition, just that we're in it at all.  For the past few weeks, for most weeks, we have been playing a mid-week game as well as our league games on weekends.  This massively runs interference with the squads training regime, including set pieces development and skills practice.

Where I see evidence of this is in some of the technical execution.  For example, against Swansea we had plenty of shots on goal, but only a relatively small number of them made the goal keeper have to work hard.  One of the reasons that I see for this is the way our players take their shots on goal.  In recent weeks when Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Anita, Cabaye, and others have taken shots at goal they have been leaning backwards, with the body falling away from the ball, or kicking across the face off the ball.  This technique causes the ball to be kicked up an over the goal face or slices it across the face of the goal, like a bad golf shot.  We also see the technical faults in the set pieces as they are poorly placed and just lobbed in to the area, not to the movement of the team on the pitch.

Ordinarily these sorts of technical issues would be picked up, addressed and practiced again and again during mid-week practice sessions.  But with the European campaign occupying time, with not just the game but also travel to cope with, the opportunity to fix these things simply isn't there.

Final evidence of this theory will be to see how we perform in the league two or three weeks after the round-robin stage of the European competition finishes.  If we improve in this window then it will be proof positive (in my eyes anyway) that Europe has severely damaged our league season.

What is currently transpiring is one of the principal concerns I had of qualifying for Europe.  Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly impressed and thrilled that we were that good last year, but I am concerned that it has put us back on the same roller-coaster that we've been on as a club for the past 2 decades.

That's a whole wall of bollocks.  Go look up Bobby and KK's records after european games.  We're not even playing the same team ffs.  Crap, start to finish.

I place blame squarely at the feet of our European campaign.  Not that we have been putting too much emphasis on the European competition, just that we're in it at all.  For the past few weeks, for most weeks, we have been playing a mid-week game as well as our league games on weekends.  This massively runs interference with the squads training regime, including set pieces development and skills practice.

Where I see evidence of this is in some of the technical execution.  For example, against Swansea we had plenty of shots on goal, but only a relatively small number of them made the goal keeper have to work hard.  One of the reasons that I see for this is the way our players take their shots on goal.  In recent weeks when Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Anita, Cabaye, and others have taken shots at goal they have been leaning backwards, with the body falling away from the ball, or kicking across the face off the ball.  This technique causes the ball to be kicked up an over the goal face or slices it across the face of the goal, like a bad golf shot.  We also see the technical faults in the set pieces as they are poorly placed and just lobbed in to the area, not to the movement of the team on the pitch.

Ordinarily these sorts of technical issues would be picked up, addressed and practiced again and again during mid-week practice sessions.  But with the European campaign occupying time, with not just the game but also travel to cope with, the opportunity to fix these things simply isn't there.

Final evidence of this theory will be to see how we perform in the league two or three weeks after the round-robin stage of the European competition finishes.  If we improve in this window then it will be proof positive (in my eyes anyway) that Europe has severely damaged our league season.

What is currently transpiring is one of the principal concerns I had of qualifying for Europe.  Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly impressed and thrilled that we were that good last year, but I am concerned that it has put us back on the same roller-coaster that we've been on as a club for the past 2 decades.

That's a whole wall of bollocks.  Go look up Bobby and KK's records after european games.  We're not even playing the same team ffs.  Crap, start to finish.

To be fair he's talking about the lack of preparation time during the week. All the Champions League regulars in Europe have suffered from this for the last fifteen years, that's why they always fail to qualify again the next year...

our team is too conditioned in the Pardew way.  As in cautious football, defend deep and hit on the counter attack.

its great when it works to a certain extent, as in terms of giving us a solid foundation and a defense thats hard to break down, we are organized in the back four.

the problem is ....that is the only way the team knows how to play,  when they are encouraged to attack as in vs Swansea, Bruge etc,  the whole defense turns to shyt because they are not accustomed to that form of football, like being coached out of their game, too conditioned, sort of like institutionalized in school of Pardew.

the only way our team knows how to flourish is be on the backfoot, and hope to catch teams out on the counter. 

One good half so far this season. It's a joke. Last season wasn't so rosy either, I remember being incredibly frustrated at us playing poor/long ball around this time last season. I think Pardew is a long ball manager and we're going to stagnate under him unless something radically changes, we're playing so badly and very,very one dimensional.

I was so jealous watching Swansea play yesterday. You look at some of their signings, Michu for example, and it's actually frustrating. Then, to top it off, you look at our best 11 and the football that is produced and its enough to make you weep. I'd love Laudrup here.

Funny how people got laughed at after the West Ham game when some were saying they wanted him out but now, just one game later people seem to think differently.. Maybe not calling for his head, but i doubt many would be too disappointed if he got sacked now (that wont happen though)

Personally i have never believed in him, not even after last season, not to 100% anyway. I would fire him now if i had the choice, why wait if you know he's not the right man for this? Will just make it worse for us in the long term if we wait. I love football when played the right way, and i dont think we'll ever see this with Pardew as manager, and it hurts.

One good half so far this season. It's a joke. Last season wasn't so rosy either, I remember being incredibly frustrated at us playing poor/long ball around this time last season. I think Pardew is a long ball manager and we're going to stagnate under him unless something radically changes, we're playing so badly and very,very one dimensional.

You're right, there was an awful lot of rubbish last year. I can recall barely a handful of good passing performances.

We also went through a period where we gained 18 points from 17 games prior to changing the system.

Funny how people got laughed at after the West Ham game when some were saying they wanted him out but now, just one game later people seem to think differently.. Maybe not calling for his head, but i doubt many would be too disappointed if he got sacked now (that wont happen though)

Personally i have never believed in him, not even after last season, not to 100% anyway. I would fire him now if i had the choice, why wait if you know he's not the right man for this? Will just make it worse for us in the long term if we wait. I love football when played the right way, and i dont think we'll ever see this with Pardew as manager, and it hurts.

Maybe people just don't feel the need to repeat the position they made clear last week, dude?

A problem has been evident for some time and a concern is becoming a serious worry, but it would still be lunacy to advocate sacking the man at this point.

Maybe people just don't feel the need to repeat the position they made clear last week, dude?

A problem has been evident for some time and a concern is becoming a serious worry, but it would still be lunacy to advocate sacking the man at this point.

Spot on.