Alan Pardew

Dave

“I had a young team out on Saturday, but up until they scored, we bossed the game and looked like winning.”

:yao:

Young, fucking hell only Sammy and Fergie were young and inexperienced and even then we didn't help them by playing stupid long inaccurate balls to isolated front men.

What's the excuse for the back 4 experienced players that were all over the place when attacked by Swansea players, that fucking oaf Williamson was the main problem. In fact if we had thrown a youngster in defence we probably would have conceded 1 less

Is he saying Shane Ferguson played as part of a central three? And is he really saying we looked better after Shola came on?

What a load of absolute grade A horseshit that is. He's not massively disappointed?! Fuck right off.

It wasn't really 433 was it? Sammy was up top and fergie/hba wide.

Absolutely no way that was 4-3-3 in the first half. Fergie was wide left and Sammy was up top with Ba. Really strange comment from Pardew, does he think none of us noticed it was 4-4-2?

It wasn't really 433 was it? Sammy was up top and fergie/hba wide.

Absolutely no way that was 4-3-3 in the first half. Fergie was wide left and Sammy was up top with Ba. Really strange comment from Pardew, does he think none of us noticed it was 4-4-2?

It was nothing other than 4-4-2 or maybe 4-4-1-1 but if he thinks that's 4-3-3 then fuck me he's mental. I suppose if you look at the fact Anita was not alongside Tiote (Who was on his own most game) but Fergie played bang left midfield and Ben Arfa right. Was only 2nd half where Sammy played left mid

I said before the Swansea game.  I would lose faith in him if he plays the same old, shit 4-4-2 and doesn't try to retain possession with a 4-2-3-1.  I thought he might actually go for it, seeins as he's almost being pushed into playing that way, with the players we currently have available. 

Now I've only seen highlights, but going on what everyone has said on here, what I've seen, the subs made and what I've read, I would say he's done the same as usual.  We've lost two easy home games on the bounce, due to his tactics and incompetence IMO.  Yes the players should shoulder some of the blame, but a lot of it is clearly down to the manager's instructions.

I don't have faith that he'll ever try to play 'the right way' or that he'll ever get backed properly in the transfer market.  He knows this is the best job he'll ever have, so he won't kick up a fuss.  So it's safety first, don't get beat, hoof ball for the forseeable future.

I'm not expecting us to play like Arsenal or Barca.  To a point, I don't even mind a direct approach if it's effective and we get results.  But we're criminally wasting certain players with this shit style and we don't have the personnel to play like Stoke or West Ham.

Suppose we better get used to it.  8 years.....

I voted yes.  :(

What has happened with Pardew this year? Has he become to complacent after winning manager of the year and finish 5th?

“We played 4-3-3. We were 4-3-3, Sammy was on the left-hand side and joining with Demba and I thought he did a good job."  Isn't he saying that we had 2 up front with Sammy left and Demba right?

I cannot say I am massively disappointed

:lol:

Less than three weeks after saying we can finish 4th. For his sanity's sake I hope he's just blatantly lying.

I'm hoping he's just cocked up the use of a double negative. Surely he meant to say ' I cannot say i'm not massively disappointed '

Some of the reactions to this season so far are bordering on the clinically insane. 'Complete charlatan' FFS, he just managed us to our best season in recent memory.

It's been poor, but we need to chill the fuck out.

He's got green eyes. That can't be a good thing!

I just find the constant excuses boring.  I know that's what managers do, to deflect blame from their players and to keep the heat off them.  But when some of them are downright lies and clearly bollocks, it gets a bit tiresome.

I've not heard him call it how it is once this season.  Always injuries, players missing, lack of experience and general hard luck stories.  I'm sure he was praised last season for often recognising where we went wrong in post match interviews.  Changing it and addressing said issues are a different matter though, as he clearly struggles with this.

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he stopped talking shit. He sounds like that snake oil salesman out of Red Dead Redemption at the minute!

Some of the reactions to this season so far are bordering on the clinically insane. 'Complete charlatan' FFS, he just managed us to our best season in recent memory.

It's been poor, but we need to chill the f*** out.

Well then he's been a complete charlatan this season. I can accept results not going our way, I can accept the occasional bad performances. But what I cannot accept is a manager who patronizes fans through condescending comments or by blatantly lying and he's done that a few times already this season.

Guest hatem garrincha

Good read.

And that description of Santon is excellent :

Davide Santon has no left foot to speak of. This isn't a criticism of him, it's just a fact. So whenever he makes one of his highly impressive runs from deep into the opposition's final third, nothing is created at the end of it. He doesn't cross it, nor cut inside and shoot. His 40 yard run becomes pointless.

Good read.

And that description of Santon is excellent :

Davide Santon has no left foot to speak of. This isn't a criticism of him, it's just a fact. So whenever he makes one of his highly impressive runs from deep into the opposition's final third, nothing is created at the end of it. He doesn't cross it, nor cut inside and shoot. His 40 yard run becomes pointless.

It's way over the top that article, and the description of Santon is way too simplistic. More managers than Pardew have decided he's a LB. The problem is that we don't have anyone in midfield or fullback who can stretch the game. And we don't have any other fullbacks either.

I'm worried about our form too, but a lot of stuff that is a symptom of poor results, injuries, suspensions and a hangover from a brilliant season are being put down as permanent flaws IMO. The manager and the team have earned the time to turn things around.