Alan Pardew

Dave

Also at West Ham i may be wrong here but i'm pretty sure towards the end of his tenure that the owner was getting involved with first team affairs and undermining Pardew.

None the less it's way to early to be taking about this, does he need to up his game? without a doubt he doesn't have a clue tactically at the moment but he's obviously earned some time to sort it out.

The supporters at West Ham hated his style. The long balls to the likes of Cole and Harewood. Tevez and Masch benched cause he had a huff with them. :lol: THOSE are FACTS.

Reminded me of those games where he preferred Obertan to Hatem (Obertan is the only player he had a hand in recruiting btw). If you remember Hatem had to play miracle football when he got his chance to stay in the side. I mean he had to perform like Maradona and then the supporters started calling for him every game. Honestly it felt like touch and go if he'd every get into Pards good books or be discarded. I remember it well.

No he didn't have to play like Maradona,  Hatem had to get match fit after missing a year of football after a broken leg and also learn that if he wanted to be in the team he would have to fit into the "team work ethic".  Pardew handled HBA brilliantly last season and has probably made him a better player if you've listened or heard any of Hatems interviews he says the same.

This is the myth Pards spread and was swallowed hook line and sinker. As is clear from the above. I remember him bigging up Obertan performance after performace when we could all see he was timid on the ball and had no heart. Played 15 games in a row didn't he??

Also at West Ham i may be wrong here but i'm pretty sure towards the end of his tenure that the owner was getting involved with first team affairs and undermining Pardew.

None the less it's way to early to be taking about this, does he need to up his game? without a doubt he doesn't have a clue tactically at the moment but he's obviously earned some time to sort it out.

The supporters at West Ham hated his style. The long balls to the likes of Cole and Harewood. Tevez and Masch benched cause he had a huff with them. :lol: THOSE are FACTS.

Reminded me of those games where he preferred Obertan to Hatem (Obertan is the only player he had a hand in recruiting btw). If you remember Hatem had to play miracle football when he got his chance to stay in the side. I mean he had to perform like Maradona and then the supporters started calling for him every game. Honestly it felt like touch and go if he'd every get into Pards good books or be discarded. I remember it well.

Pretty sure it was Curbishley who benched Tevez no?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/14/article-0-013EAD82000004B0-24_468x298.jpg

Curbishley left the 23-year-old on the bench for his first game in charge, a 1-0 win over Manchester United in December, and it was a month before he named Tevez in a starting line-up in the Premiership.

Pretty sure it was Curbishley who benched Tevez no?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/14/article-0-013EAD82000004B0-24_468x298.jpg

The row is well documented.

Guest bimpy474

My brother is a Wham fan and he says Pardew was harshly treated and didn't deserve the sack.

And the football wasn't long ball at all. Fwiw.

"Some of the best football seen at upton park? Bollocks did he. You mean the man who preferred Hayden Mullins over Javier Mascherano and wouldn't play Tevez and nearly had us relegated. Yeah what a legacy he left us." WHAM

My brother is a Wham fan and he says Pardew was harshly treated and didn't deserve the sack.

And the football wasn't long ball at all. Fwiw.

They used to kick it up the park mate to Carlton Cole and Harewood (A Pards signing). Not all the time granted. If he had he'd have been lynched. :lol:

"Some of the best football seen at upton park? Bollocks did he. You mean the man who preferred Hayden Mullins over Javier Mascherano and wouldn't play Tevez and nearly had us relegated. Yeah what a legacy he left us." WHAM

Wey, It seems as though the two managers didnt fancy Tevez (cant actually find anything online about pards dropping him yet) but doesnt it tell you more about Tevez at the time?

Wey, It seems as though the two managers didnt fancy Tevez (cant actually find anything online about pards dropping him yet) but doesnt it tell you more about Tevez at the time?

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez insists the only surprise in the sacking of Alan Pardew was that it did not come sooner.

The Argentina international joined the Hammers along with compatriot Javier Mascherano in a shock deal just before the closure of the summer transfer window, but has struggled to make an impact. Pardew was dismissed as West Ham manager last week, with Alan Curbishley swiftly appointed as his successor, and Tevez insisted things had not been "going right" for some time.

Tevez told the News of the World: "I was surprised to see how long Pardew held on to the job in the end. In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted -- it wasn't going right."

He added: "I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

"I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don't think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand   :D  well and I lost a lot from my own game. It didn't fit where he put me, but I wanted to help."

Tevez is yet to score a competitive goal for the Hammers, but is eager to put that right.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/29673-tevez-hammers-pardew#ixzz2CssawZE9

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez insists the only surprise in the sacking of Alan Pardew was that it did not come sooner.

The Argentina international joined the Hammers along with compatriot Javier Mascherano in a shock deal just before the closure of the summer transfer window, but has struggled to make an impact. Pardew was dismissed as West Ham manager last week, with Alan Curbishley swiftly appointed as his successor, and Tevez insisted things had not been "going right" for some time.

Tevez told the News of the World: "I was surprised to see how long Pardew held on to the job in the end. In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted -- it wasn't going right."

He added: "I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

"I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don't think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand   :D  well and I lost a lot from my own game. It didn't fit where he put me, but I wanted to help."

Tevez is yet to score a competitive goal for the Hammers, but is eager to put that right.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/29673-tevez-hammers-pardew#ixzz2CssawZE9

fair enough, still doesnt answer the point about then being dropped for another month after that though

I think there's a bit of a "Chicken/Egg" problem with the whole "only plays long balls" thing.

I sincerely doubt that the players are specifically instructed to hoof it long. I think it's just that a lot of our less talented players end up reverting to that because overall movement off the ball is extremely poor so there's rarely an easy pass to pick out.

The fundamental problem is a lack of movement and understanding between the players, everything stems from that.

If that is the case then it's still down to the manager because it happens so often that he should do something about it.  Haven't we had quotes from Stone only this week about us hitting it long?

Anybody reading some posts on here would think a manager has no responsibilities because you can find an excuse for everything.

He’s the manager, he’s responsible for choosing incoming signings and he’s gone out of his way to tell us that he plays a part in this.  It’s tough if that’s not the case because he’s tied himself into our transfer activity through the claims that he’s made on the subject.

He’s responsible for coaching the players on a daily basis, the same players who hoof the ball as if it was a bomb ready to go off.  He decides to concentrate on defence for 4 out of 5 days so is it any wonder that we aren’t very good at playing the ball and opening up the opposition when we rarely practice it?

He’s responsible for picking the team, the same team that has looked like a middle to lower league side.  The same team that changes twice a week when we play in Europe so it’s no wonder we’re disjointed if we practice for part of the week with one team for one game then another team for another game a couple of days later.

Pardew is responsible for team morale, it’s up to him to get his players performing to the best of their ability, if he can’t then he’s not doing his job.

He chooses the tactics, it his responsibility to pick the best players available to play against the opposition using the most likely tactics to get the most from each game, it’s not working yet he still goes with the same shit time after time.  He could have changed things around against Swansea because of Cisse not being available, it was the easy option but he didn’t make the most of it even though it had been recognised that we were being outnumbered in midfield.  Something has been said to him even though he thinks our two can outnumber 3, how does that work?  Why does it become a surprise that 3 people can walk the ball around 2?

Pardew is responsible for our substitutions and more often than not he leaves me scratching my head.  2 out of 3 changes on Saturday made no sense at all and he's lost the plot if he thinks taking one player off needs another 3 players to move to allow that 1 player to come on.

Pardew is the manager of the football club, he is responsible for managing the team and should be held to account when we are playing poorly and/or losing games.

We’ve got some very good players who are proven quality and have been used to winning, I refuse to believe that what we see now is the limit of the ability of the players that Pardew has at his disposal.

If people want to happily go along with thinking that what we have now is good enough, or as good as it can get with our current squad then that's up to them.  Personally, I think we're well below par and the reason for that is fairly easy to see.  It's coaching, tactics and players being unable to play a style of football which is both alien to them and shambolic.

I doubt for one minute that any professional footballer would want to play the way we play on a regular basis.  As a fan, I don’t want to have to see it.

The players are not blameless in all this but I don't see them as the major problem.

There's no doubt in my mind the players are regimented into their positions with specific instructions about maintaining shape. Most of these players know perfectly well how to move, they're restricted from doing so to the detriment of their own abilities.

Last season it was wonderful to finish 5th but I can still recall quite clearly how miserable I felt with a lot of the performances, the reults in many cases came in spite of the performance and not because of it. There were a few good games but the majority were far from entertaining.

This season has seen those poor games become the absolute norm and our managers mentality (make sure we aren't beat) will ensure we can't turn it round. As far as I can tell last seasons 5th place was a blip in an otherwise predicatable career.

I think there's a bit of a "Chicken/Egg" problem with the whole "only plays long balls" thing.

I sincerely doubt that the players are specifically instructed to hoof it long. I think it's just that a lot of our less talented players end up reverting to that because overall movement off the ball is extremely poor so there's rarely an easy pass to pick out.

The fundamental problem is a lack of movement and understanding between the players, everything stems from that.

If that is the case then it's still down to the manager because it happens so often that he should do something about it.  Haven't we had quotes from Stone only this week about us hitting it long?

Anybody reading some posts on here would think a manager has no responsibilities because you can find an excuse for everything.

He’s the manager, he’s responsible for choosing incoming signings and he’s gone out of his way to tell us that he plays a part in this.  It’s tough if that’s not the case because he’s tied himself into our transfer activity through the claims that he’s made on the subject.

He’s responsible for coaching the players on a daily basis, the same players who hoof the ball as if it was a bomb ready to go off.  He decides to concentrate on defence for 4 out of 5 days so is it any wonder that we aren’t very good at playing the ball and opening up the opposition when we rarely practice it?

He’s responsible for picking the team, the same team that has looked like a middle to lower league side.  The same team that changes twice a week when we play in Europe so it’s no wonder we’re disjointed if we practice for part of the week with one team for one game then another team for another game a couple of days later.

Pardew is responsible for team morale, it’s up to him to get his players performing to the best of their ability, if he can’t then he’s not doing his job.

He chooses the tactics, it his responsibility to pick the best players available to play against the opposition using the most likely tactics to get the most from each game, it’s not working yet he still goes with the same shit time after time.  He could have changed things around against Swansea because of Cisse not being available, it was the easy option but he didn’t make the most of it even though it had been recognised that we were being outnumbered in midfield.  Something has been said to him even though he thinks our two can outnumber 3, how does that work?  Why does it become a surprise that 3 people can walk the ball around 2?

Pardew is responsible for our substitutions and more often than not he leaves me scratching my head.  2 out of 3 changes on Saturday made no sense at all and he's lost the plot if he thinks taking one player off needs another 3 players to move to allow that 1 player to come on.

Pardew is the manager of the football club, he is responsible for managing the team and should be held to account when we are playing poorly and/or losing games.

We’ve got some very good players who are proven quality and have been used to winning, I refuse to believe that what we see now is the limit of the ability of the players that Pardew has at his disposal.

If people want to happily go along with thinking that what we have now is good enough, or as good as it can get with our current squad then that's up to them.  Personally, I think we're well below par and the reason for that is fairly easy to see.  It's coaching, tactics and players being unable to play a style of football which is both alien to them and shambolic.

I doubt for one minute that any professional footballer would want to play the way we play on a regular basis.  As a fan, I don’t want to have to see it.

The players are not blameless in all this but I don't see them as the major problem.

Bang on. All of it.

He chooses the tactics, it his responsibility to pick the best players available to play against the opposition using the most likely tactics to get the most from each game, it’s not working yet he still goes with the same s*** time after time.  He could have changed things around against Swansea because of Cisse not being available, it was the easy option but he didn’t make the most of it even though it had been recognised that we were being outnumbered in midfield.  Something has been said to him even though he thinks our two can outnumber 3, how does that work?  Why does it become a surprise that 3 people can walk the ball around 2?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest neesy111

:thup:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/europa-league-is-tougher-for-us-says-pardew-8341026.html

Alan Pardew believes the Europa League is more difficult to negotiate than the Champions League.

Newcastle's league form has suffered this season - they have just lost successive home games - as they have embarked on a European campaign for the first time in five seasons. They can progress from the group stage with a game to spare if they beat Maritimo at St James' Park tonight.

“I think it is harder for us. I genuinely do,” said Pardew. “The four Champions League teams have the finance to attack that with two squads really, whereas we are attacking a competition which has much more games, a heavier schedule and a more difficult night in Thursday night, and a much reduced squad so it is much more difficult for us.

”You only have to look at the other two clubs in the competiton (Spurs and Liverpool) and we're all having very similar seasons at the moment and they are stronger clubs than us financially so it just goes to show that it does make a big impact on your Premier League situation.

“I've heard in the press and even our fans talking about transfers in but really we just have to knuckle down and get some results with the squad we've got because there's actually nothing we can do until the window opens anyway. It is not really high up on our priority list because it goes on all the time - that talk in the background - and we'll deal with that when we need to.

”I don't know what you all want me to say. I obviously want to win on Thursday and I want to win again on Sunday (at Southampton) and I have got to come up with some sort of magical plan which makes me do that, but we have got enough quality in the squad to carry the two games and I hope we can.“

He doesn't complain about it though.

”I don't know what you all want me to say. I obviously want to win on Thursday and I want to win again on Sunday (at Southampton) and I have got to come up with some sort of magical plan which makes me do that, but we have got enough quality in the squad to carry the two games and I hope we can.“

:lol: Fucking hell, if he's having to come up with magical plans to play maritimo and southampton then he'd better have huge sleeves at the ready for our festive schedule.