Alan Pardew

Dave

It's f***ing ridiculous to suggest otherwise tbh.

He's never going to be the favourite of some, simply because he's such an easy character to get on the back of if a few results don't go our way, but his achievements over the past 18 months should mean he gets the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.

At what cost?

he's got to have it like, i'm far from a fan of pardew but letting him go would be insanity....i've very clearly said i don't think he'll ever progress us as a club (as far as we should with our current quality of player) and in many ways i feel he's holding back our progress significantly

the alternatives are too terrifying to consider though...not a chance ashley would appoint a better manager than pardew, none whatsoever, so you have to ask yourself what the cost would be if he goes?

unless we're in serious danger of being relegated he'll stay, and i think it's for the best until ashley either fucks off or starts taking us seriously as a football club rather than just a balance sheet

best case scenario he gets plan a working again i suppose, 'cause there's clearly no plan b

He's never going to be the favourite of some, simply because he's such an easy character to get on the back of if a few results don't go our way, but his achievements over the past 18 months should mean he gets the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.

At what cost?

he's got to have it like, i'm far from a fan of pardew but letting him go would be insanity....i've very clearly said i don't think he'll ever progress us as a club (as far as we should with our current quality of player) and in many ways i feel he's holding back our progress significantly

the alternatives are too terrifying to consider though...not a chance ashley would appoint a better manager than pardew, none whatsoever, so you have to ask yourself what the cost would be if he goes?

unless we're in serious danger of being relegated he'll stay, and i think it's for the best until ashley either f***s off or starts taking us seriously as a football club rather than just a balance sheet

best case scenario he gets plan a working again i suppose, 'cause there's clearly no plan b

I agree with what you are saying :(

I don´t think Pardew should stay because he earn it, he should stay because Ashley is an idiot. And that´s why it´s so sad and why I have trouble to enjoy us playing.

At what cost?

unless we're in serious danger of being relegated he'll stay, and i think it's for the best until ashley either f***s off or starts taking us seriously as a football club rather than just a balance sheet

I don´t think Pardew should stay because he earn it, he should stay because Ashley is an idiot. And that´s why it´s so sad and why I have trouble to enjoy us playing.

that's not exactly what i'm saying, by no stretch of the imagination has he earned a sacking yet either...it's all about whether you believe he can improve us long term

i don't

At what cost?

that's not exactly what i'm saying, by no stretch of the imagination has he earned a sacking yet either...it's all about whether you believe he can improve us long term

i don't

The second line referred more to what I think rather than what you said. You said that you don´t think Pardew will improve us in the long term, neither do I. You said that he hasn´t earned to be sacked, I disagree. So all in all the only thing that differed was the "Pardew earn some time" part.

2 years to the day since he was appointed.

That means hes lasted longer than everyone except Keegan and Robson over the past 2 decades and its also fair to say he's done a good job on the whole.

I'm still very much a fan of his anyway.

It's fucking ridiculous to suggest otherwise tbh.

By all means give him the benefit of the doubt, no doubt last year has earned him longer than others would have got. But by picking a weak team on Wednesday then publicly blaming the kids  for not stepping up, he's just confirmed to me what an arsehole he is. I hope he makes me eat my words, but I reckon the longer he stays, the more chance of us losing the better footballers at the club.

You said that he hasn´t earned to be sacked, I disagree.

find that pretty amazing myself; decent first season, then manager of the year when a lot of things went his way and we came close to CL qualification...this year has been awful but we're not even half way through the season

madness to even think that sacking him could be justified on his record at this point

he'll only ever use his plan a unless forced to do something else, therefore if he gets a couple of defensive reinforcements in january and gets the team solid again we'll climb the table....it'd be horrible like, and flair players would hate it i'm sure (as would i), but as said the alternative is unthinkable

or plan can't be recovered and the club will be forced into a decision

I would like to see this club have a philosophy through the entire club. From how we play, to how we should develop players. Obviously Barcelona is the best example. But there are many more clubs too, and not only in football, that demonstrate success with a good youth system. Watching our youngsters that have come through is painful. None of them (execpt Bigi, and he was just brought in from another club) seems good with the ball or have good movement.

This is not only down to Pardew. The whole club needs to come together and set up this strategy. But I´m 100 % sure that if we could implant a identity that says "this is Newcastle" through the club we would be a club to watch out for. Now, and how it´s been down the years, is all about the first team really, even if we have done some good things lately. But how is the club going to improve in the long term when not even Pardew knows how the first team should play?

As I said. It´s not only Pardews responsibility. But why should we have a manager develop our club that can´t even teach some basic passing drills for the first team? That´s why he have to go.

He wasn't match fit because even in situations like being desperate for a goal at home to Swansea, he was left sitting on the bench.

Unless anyone here works for NUFC (by "works" I mean with the squad on the training pitch, physio room or somewhere else where they can make a knowledgeable judgement on a player's fitness) we can't know who is or isn't fit. I'll take Hatem word on when he's fit over someone's opinion on here.

He wasn't match fit because even in situations like being desperate for a goal at home to Swansea, he was left sitting on the bench.

Unless anyone here works for NUFC (by "works" I mean with the squad on the training pitch, physio room or somewhere else where they can make a knowledgeable judgement on a player's fitness) we can't know who is or isn't fit. I'll take Hatem word on when he's fit over someone's opinion on here.

Hatem also said Pardew was a shit manager. :lol:

Link?

Link?

Whooshed. ;)

There's a bit from the same article in my sig.

I'm not a physio but if he was fit enough to be on the bench then he's fit enough to come off it otherwise what's the point? Didn't seem to bother him three days later when he came on and set a goal up.

I'm not a physio but if he was fit enough to be on the bench then he's fit enough to come off it otherwise what's the point? Didn't seem to bother him three days later when he came on and set a goal up.

My point was that Pardew not playing Ben Arfa all last season was being used as a reason to illustrate why Pardew is a bad manager. Ben Arfa saying he wasn't fully fit until January was the fact that showed that couldn't be used as a stick to beat Pardew with. Anyway, Pardew has played Ben Arfa every Premiership game he has been fit this season.