Alan Pardew

Dave

Plenty of other current players (e.g. Bigi) have come out and said they like Pardew. People are just looking for another reason to dislike Pardew to go along with our poor form this season. If we were flying high nobody would care how well liked Pardew was. Alex Ferguson comes across as a real miserable git to me. His success means a lot of people overlook his personality failings.

Players like poor managers as well as good managers.  :lol:

Plenty of other current players (e.g. Bigi) have come out and said they like Pardew. People are just looking for another reason to dislike Pardew to go along with our poor form this season. If we were flying high nobody would care how well liked Pardew was. Alex Ferguson comes across as a real miserable git to me. His success means a lot of people overlook his personality failings.

:lol: What?

Actually very pleasant in person apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2245120/Alan-Pardew-says-months-make-break-season.html

Pardew said: 'This is a critical period, from now until January. I do feel after January this team is definitely going to be stronger.

'But we are going to lose Cheick, we have obviously lost Cabaye, we have lost Steven Taylor and we have got some big teams coming, big clubs, bigger clubs than us - and there aren't many that are bigger than us.

'It will be a real test in the next two months. We have got to really nail ourselves down and get as many points as we can and see where we are.

'We are not actually too far away from that fifth, sixth place - probably the same as we are from the relegation zone.

'That's where our season is right now.'

Four points away from the relegation zone. Twice as many from fifth/sixth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2245120/Alan-Pardew-says-months-make-break-season.html

Pardew said: 'This is a critical period, from now until January. I do feel after January this team is definitely going to be stronger.

'But we are going to lose Cheick, we have obviously lost Cabaye, we have lost Steven Taylor and we have got some big teams coming, big clubs, bigger clubs than us - and there aren't many that are bigger than us.

'It will be a real test in the next two months. We have got to really nail ourselves down and get as many points as we can and see where we are.

'We are not actually too far away from that fifth, sixth place - probably the same as we are from the relegation zone.

'That's where our season is right now.'

We're four points away from the relegation zone. Twice as many from fifth.

Start reading this thinking he was going to talk about incoming bids :lol:

Hate this "small club mentality" he always brings up. Don´t understand what he wants at all at this club. Always talking about better clubs, better players, other clubs that are bigger than us that are going to buy our players etc etc.

Sure. They are better. But if we want to be a top club, which Pardew seems to want (was aiming for CL), he should start to talk like one.

Stop defend a lead, or just sit back, against team that are worse then us and have some balls ffs. The same thing should go with his pre talk. It´s enough to say that we have difficult games coming up (this time it´s true, not when you face teams like Wigan at home) and leave it with that. You don´t have to talk about bigger and better clubs. If you want to be a winner, talk like one!

Hate this "small club mentality" he always brings up. Don´t understand what he wants at all at this club. Always talking about better clubs, better players, other clubs that are bigger than us that are going to buy our players etc etc.

Read the bloody article, mate. Christ.

Took the words right out of my mouth :lol:

Forgetting that he wasn't talking about other clubs buying our players, he also said "there aren't many that are bigger than us."

fair enough then, for this time. Still think I have a bit right though :)

Guest malandro

"I do feel after January this team is definitely going to be stronger"

Does this mean he is confident of signing some new player in the transfer window, or is he referring to Cabaye and Taylor coming back from injury. It could be both, it could be neither - what it definitely is, is the kind of slippery ambiguous crap that makes it hard to trust AP.

Guest bimpy474

I do think this window will be more 2010 than 2011.

This dont help me Ron, was the window better then. I'm so used to us making a profit i cant remember us buying a player without checking down the back of the sofa first.

Guest bimpy474

We spent a net £5m on players we badly needed. X

Ah right mate, £5m net spend isn't going to go far like (unless its a Carroll scenario, which i just cant see). We need to spend more than that and as Ashley has proven i doubt we will muchly :(

Guest bimpy474

That got us what we needed in that league, though. Translates to more in the PL, but maybe I'm just a hopeless dreamer.

Ahhh yes promotion season. But no Ron that would be including one Mike Williamson.

I officially now hate you for that :lol:

2 years to the day since he was appointed.

That means hes lasted longer than everyone except Keegan and Robson over the past 2 decades and its also fair to say he's done a good job on the whole.

I'm still very much a fan of his anyway.

It's fucking ridiculous to suggest otherwise tbh.

He's never going to be the favourite of some, simply because he's such an easy character to get on the back of if a few results don't go our way, but his achievements over the past 18 months should mean he gets the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.

It's f***ing ridiculous to suggest otherwise tbh.

He's never going to be the favourite of some, simply because he's such an easy character to get on the back of if a few results don't go our way, but his achievements over the past 18 months should mean he gets the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.

At what cost?

Sounds like he is getting the excuses in already. I just wish he would stop banging on about who we don't have all the time and just try and do a job with what we do have. The fact is, everyone at the club is under performing bar one or two and that isn't because Cabaye and co aren't on the pitch. I wonder how the fringe players feel listening to Pardew constantly moan about players who are unavailable.