Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm not a physio but if he was fit enough to be on the bench then he's fit enough to come off it otherwise what's the point? Didn't seem to bother him three days later when he came on and set a goal up.

My point was that Pardew not playing Ben Arfa all last season was being used as a reason to illustrate why Pardew is a bad manager. Ben Arfa saying he wasn't fully fit until January was the fact that showed that couldn't be used as a stick to beat Pardew with. Anyway, Pardew has played Ben Arfa every Premiership game he has been fit this season.

Good thing or we'd be on 9 points. ;)

I'm not a physio but if he was fit enough to be on the bench then he's fit enough to come off it otherwise what's the point? Didn't seem to bother him three days later when he came on and set a goal up.

Maybe to bring him on in circumstances like he did against Blackburn when we were coasting at 3-1?

The manager of the year that left Hatem out for 15 games. Yes the same one.

Hatem said himself that he wasn't really fully fit until January but don't let that fact get in the way of your agenda.

Can I have a link to this please?

[/sincere]

He wasn't match fit because even in situations like being desperate for a goal at home to Swansea, he was left sitting on the bench.

I did think that he was hung out to try a bit by Pardew in that he wasn't playing him then started him away at the Eithad and then Old Trafford. Then if we were in the shit he brought him on against the likes of Wolves at home and by that time loads of the crowd were on his back due to the snippets they'd read in the press about him not working hard enough etc. It's worked out in the end for us mind so Pardew does deserve credit for that.

My big concern now is if we don't change our style of play to suit the team then I can see the likes of Ben Arfa getting fed up as he's not being used to his full potential. He should be receiving the ball in the final third and not on the edge of his own area like he is at the moment. I've got no issue if we get beat and we have a go by playing maybe a 4-3-3 with fluid moment. My issue at the moment is we're getting beat off times and we're not playing anywhere near our potential whilst playing such a rigid formation that is negativing the use of our best talents.

There shouldn't be a problem playing 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse if they are allowed to roam around and we play the ball to their feet, Ba isn't a target man at all yet he's been used like this a lot of the time. So it's quite miraculous really that he's scored the amount of goals that he has this season due to the lack of service the team has been creating. Hopefully this recent run of form has give Pardew's ego a kicking, as it has certainly needed it as him trying to shoe horn the team into a system that doesn't suit has been to our detriment so far this season. People are mocking Liverpool and Rodgers for their start to the season, but at least you can see he's trying to do something with them and they do actually have some form of a gameplan. I'd love for us to have that at the moment.

During the summer window I felt sorry for Pardew as after last season he deserved some backing, but after his quotes saying what a great window we've had and we should be thankful to Mike he lost any of that from me. Tomorrow night we must play positive, tell Krul to stop lumping it long and build from the back, play Marveaux in a more central role, start Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse in a forward three without any of the rigid movement. We've got the players to do it I'm certain of it, so show us that you trust them to do it Alan.

Smart decision by the regime to set Pardew up as a face character battling the board for money. Wins back some of the fans he has lost by being a shit coach.

Beren:

http://www.cynicalsmirk.com/public_img/its_still_real_to_me_dammit.jpg

Smart decision by the regime to set Pardew up as a face character battling the board for money. Wins back some of the fans he has lost by being a shit coach.

'Little bit'. Hardly a war cry is it? :lol:

He wasn't match fit because even in situations like being desperate for a goal at home to Swansea, he was left sitting on the bench.

I did think that he was hung out to try a bit by Pardew in that he wasn't playing him then started him away at the Eithad and then Old Trafford. Then if we were in the shit he brought him on against the likes of Wolves at home and by that time loads of the crowd were on his back due to the snippets they'd read in the press about him not working hard enough etc. It's worked out in the end for us mind so Pardew does deserve credit for that.

My big concern now is if we don't change our style of play to suit the team then I can see the likes of Ben Arfa getting fed up as he's not being used to his full potential. He should be receiving the ball in the final third and not on the edge of his own area like he is at the moment. I've got no issue if we get beat and we have a go by playing maybe a 4-3-3 with fluid moment. My issue at the moment is we're getting beat off times and we're not playing anywhere near our potential whilst playing such a rigid formation that is negativing the use of our best talents.

There shouldn't be a problem playing 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse if they are allowed to roam around and we play the ball to their feet, Ba isn't a target man at all yet he's been used like this a lot of the time. So it's quite miraculous really that he's scored the amount of goals that he has this season due to the lack of service the team has been creating. Hopefully this recent run of form has give Pardew's ego a kicking, as it has certainly needed it as him trying to shoe horn the team into a system that doesn't suit has been to our detriment so far this season. People are mocking Liverpool and Rodgers for their start to the season, but at least you can see he's trying to do something with them and they do actually have some form of a gameplan. I'd love for us to have that at the moment.

During the summer window I felt sorry for Pardew as after last season he deserved some backing, but after his quotes saying what a great window we've had and we should be thankful to Mike he lost any of that from me. Tomorrow night we must play positive, tell Krul to stop lumping it long and build from the back, play Marveaux in a more central role, start Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse in a forward three without any of the rigid movement. We've got the players to do it I'm certain of it, so show us that you trust them to do it Alan.

Nice post.

He basically insinuated that Hatem was lazy and selfish and this malarky went on for about a month. At the same time he let it be know that hatem was doing wonder things in training. He stuck with Obertan till the bitter end, till it was clear the player wouldn't take on a goldfish...When hatem came in he has to play like Maradonna to stay in the side...Panicked as he was at the situation he found himself in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9733186/Alan-Pardew-told-he-can-strengthen-Newcastles-squad-in-the-transfer-window-after-poor-start-to-the-season.html

Alan Pardew has been given assurances he will be able to strengthen his Newcastle United squad in the January transfer window after the gamble not to sign more players in the summer backfired.

Reinforcements: Newcastle may need to sign a new striker to replace Demba Ba if he leaves during the January transfer window and could also bring in a right back, centre back and a winger

By Luke Edwards

10:00PM GMT 09 Dec 2012

He is now likely to renew his interest in France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, but a striker also remains a priority.

Pardew did not complain when a string of transfer targets failed to arrive in the summer, backing the club’s policy of developing their own players, but their parsimonious approach has not paid off.

With injuries hitting them hard, Newcastle - who play Fulham on Monday - have not looked like the team that finished fifth last season and sit in the bottom half of the Premier League table.

They won for only for the fourth time this season in the league against 10-man Wigan last week and also failed to top their group in the Europa League following a 2-0 defeat in Bordeaux.

Newcastle stubbornly refused to pay more than their own valuations for players in the summer and missed out on a string of targets, including Debuchy, Dutch striker Luke De Jong and their former centre-forward Andy Carroll. But Pardew believes the poor start and the criticism it has sparked has not only been a reality check, it has also persuaded managing director Derek Llambias to release funds for new players.

Debuchy is the most likely new arrival, although the Magpies have also been watching Blackpool’s Thomas Ince and are looking at buying a new centre-forward, in case Demba Ba’s £7 million release clause is activated, and a centre back.

“This spell certainly made me question a few things that we have done,” said Pardew. “Whenever you get a blip like that, it makes you get on your mettle and change a few things.

“We have had a look at things and I think it is also time for the board to have a little look at things as well, about what has gone on. They have done that. All of us have had to re-adjust a little bit.

“I think it gave us a shake that we needed to do a little bit more work in the summer on recruitment and I don’t think we’re going to fall short again. We’ll be stronger in February.”

Pardew can still remember how miserable everybody at the club felt when they played at Craven Cottage two seasons ago, just two days after agreeing to sell Carroll to Liverpool for £35 million.

And, while his side have disappointed this season, he knows the club is still in a far stronger position than it was back in Feb 2011.

“We are miles away from that now,” he said. “In terms of the quality we have, we have dramatically improved. Unfortunately, in the last six or seven weeks, a lot of that quality has been in the treatment room.”

'Little bit'. Hardly a war cry is it? :lol:

Any more would be unrealistic. Pardew needs to have the semblance of having one hand tied behind his back by fielding the same XI on Thursdays and Sundays, injuries and the board not backing him. :pow:

Guest bimpy474

Hmmmm well thats definitely showed me why i shouldn't moan about the 4-4-2 hoofball.

All part of a sneaky plan eh..... :whistle: