Alan Pardew

Dave

Tonight just underlined how much he relies on our best players to click to get the results. Doesn't have a f***ing clue tactically. Not at all worried by the result, btw, just majorly p*ssed at this 442 nonsense.

I'm not bothered in the slightest about the result, it was secondary.  What does bother me is the standard of our football.  Most of the time our first 11 play poor football then you see a lot of our younger players coming through and playing the same game.  We bring players into the club who are supposed to be good, young and hungry players and they put on a performance like we've just produced.

The disappointing thing was the lack of any recognisable style of play. The young lads should be playing in a way that reflects the future objectives of the club. Their training should be built around a footballing philosophy. We could see a philosophy in Bordeaux's reserve team, we were a mess.

Exactly this for me.

He's the only thing that angered me today.

The revert back to 442 and start hoofing is f***ing depressing. It solves nothing. It's horrible to watch. It undermines all but two of our outfield players, in this case Ranger and Shola.

Revert to type,  thats all he does, and his obsession with shoe-horning two lanky strikers in a line-up when he finally decides to play 4-5-1/4-3-3 formations.

i.e tonight again, Shola and Ranger.  before that,

Cisse, Best, Ba, Shola being play outwide..,. why the f*** does he keep doing that?

Would Bobby play, shearer, kluivert, Cort, Ferguson, or any big type of strikers out on the wings?

Would Keegan play, Shearer, Ferdinand, or Cole out wide???

No.

To be fair, when Keegan and Bobby needed wide players they were bought.

The disappointing thing was the lack of any recognisable style of play. The young lads should be playing in a way that reflects the future objectives of the club. Their training should be built around a footballing philosophy. We could see a philosophy in Bordeaux's reserve team, we were a mess. 

I'm the same, our problems run throughout the whole pool of players.

Ace post. :thup:

People are really getting angry about this game, this is happening? :lol:

It's pretty much because we saw yet more of the same mistakes from Pardew.

They're not mistakes. It's what he likes. He's been doing it since his West Ham days. Big fellas hit long. :lol: If he were an artist he'd be a tramp outside a tube station with an etch-a-sketch.

People are really getting angry about this game, this is happening? :lol:

Nobody cares about the result. It's our change back to 4-4-2 and those laughable subs which angries people. Pardew couldn't do much wrong here, but he still managed to somewhat make a mess out of it.

He's the only thing that angered me today.

The revert back to 442 and start hoofing is f***ing depressing. It solves nothing. It's horrible to watch. It undermines all but two of our outfield players, in this case Ranger and Shola.

Revert to type,  thats all he does, and his obsession with shoe-horning two lanky strikers in a line-up when he finally decides to play 4-5-1/4-3-3 formations.

i.e tonight again, Shola and Ranger.  before that,

Cisse, Best, Ba, Shola being play outwide..,. why the f*** does he keep doing that?

Would Bobby play, shearer, kluivert, Cort, Ferguson, or any big type of strikers out on the wings?

Would Keegan play, Shearer, Ferdinand, or Cole out wide???

No.

To be fair, when Keegan and Bobby needed wide players they were bought.

granted we havent got great wide players but the current ones still beats having to put the strikers Pards insist on shoe horning them in.

Whats the point of playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 if you're going to stick strikers out wide who arent suited to play there?

The players out there are a combination of freebies, extremely raw youngsters, rubbish we can't shift/loan, or a combination of all 3. There's no scope for moulding half of that lot into any philosophy. The Ameobi brothers started the game, for the love of God.

It's the basics that are pissing people off. The passing was horrible when we tried it. We always seemed rushed and never in space and end up surrendering possession easy as f***.

exactly, its the basics,  stop square pegs in round holes, get some basic passing going on, something that has even a slight semblance of a football team.

i hear people moaning about the pitch, omg the opposition didn't have much trouble with it.

I might be off the map here, but i thought before, and now after the game tonight that Pardew's man management of Marveaux has been poor. Shouldn't have played in this game at all imo. Yes you could say that Marveaux should get on with it and still make the best of it. But i honestly think that Marveaux is the type of player that Ben Arfa was before, mentally that is, but not in the same bad way, more in a way that he needs to be trusted in and feel that he's an important part of the team. Not playing him in a meaningless game with kids/reserves directly after his best game for us when he's on a high probably.

Personally i would have saved him for Fulham and make him feel important and wanted as a first team player, then i would have been quite confident he'd be up for it on monday knowing that he'll start. Not surprised at all that he didn't look up for it in this game, despite the game passing him by a bit (my understanding of your post's) Some player just needs to be treated differently to start performing well on a more consistent basis i think, not having the carpet beneath his feet pulled away just shortly after his best performance.

And no, i didn't see the game, im just basing this on comments in the match thread.

Guest malandro

The players out there are a combination of freebies, extremely raw youngsters, rubbish we can't shift/loan, or a combination of all 3. There's no scope for moulding half of that lot into any philosophy. The Ameobi brothers started the game, for the love of God.

True, but it makes having a clear philosophy all the more important. Clarity of purpose is what enables clubs with poor resources create effective teams.

APs tactics are like Frankenstein's monster, just random bits stuck together to create an ugly clumsy mess. He has to decide if he wants us to be a passing side or a direct side. Are we going to defend deep and play on the break or press high up the pitch and try to dictate play. The constant chopping and changing of tactics must be confusing for the players. It must also make it hard to decide which free transfers to target.

True, but it makes having a clear philosophy all the more important. Clarity of purpose is what enables clubs with poor resources create effective teams.

APs tactics are like Frankenstein's monster, just random bits stuck together to create an ugly clumsy mess. He has to decide if he wants us to be a passing side or a direct side. Are we going to defend deep and play on the break or press high up the pitch and try to dictate play. The constant chopping and changing of tactics must be confusing for the players. It must also make it hard to decide which free transfers to target.

100% spot on posts Malandro :thup:

I get the impression that this sort of thing doesn't really interest Pardew and that he's more bothered about how we stop the opposition. Ironically, we're no good at stopping the opposition either.

But I do fully agree with the points you're making. We have no philosophy or structure to our play and we never really have for an extended period under Pardew.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Forthright stuff from AP after the game. Players walking past with faces like thunder so I think home truths might have been delivered #nufc

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew unimpressed with younger players: "I expected more. Don't think opportunity like that will come around for them again this season."

Wigan bought him some time for me, I expected a shite performance and result tonight and he/they delivered.  The only way I'm disappointed is that I wasn't pleasantly surprised, in a season completely devoid of pleasant surprises.  We better play well on Monday night.

Wigan bought him some time for me, I expected a shite performance and result tonight and he/they delivered.  The only way I'm disappointed is that I wasn't pleasantly surprised, in a season completely devoid of pleasant surprises.  We better play well on Monday night.

Jol gave him a goal start and killed him last time.