Alan Pardew

Dave

To all those proposing he should go who do you propose we replace him with?

Apart from the Hughton sacking, which was obviously done with Pardew lined up sacking a manager mid crisis rarely results in a positive step up. Just thinking back to the Kinnear appointment, the Hughton/calderwood combination once he took ill, then the Shearer appointment, then stumbling upon appointing Hughton as a permanent appointment after relegation.

Even if we can identify some managers who may be a step up e.g Jol, Martinez would they come work under Ashley?

The real problem for me isn't the system/ tactics, they've largely been unchanged from last season which we obviously did so well. The problems are too many players are out if form Jonas, Tiote, Colo (recently), even Timmy apart from tonight. These are players who were playing out of their skin last year. Secondly there's been the injuries and the extra games. Obviously this should have been addressed in our summer transfer window, is this Pardew's fault? Probably not, it's unlikely he has much say with regards hammering through deals for transfers.

Ultimately it's probably Mike Ashley's head we should be calling for, probably have less influence on removing him I know but he's the one holding us back. Until this board are rid of we are not going to show the ambition required to consistently remain challenging in the top 6.

Erm, I've never been fond of ad hominem, but... you high?

I am like drunk from my 14 beers but the board and this clown has to go. His substitution today exposed his most preferred tactic. If we are going to be in this form for the rest of the season we might as well take the risk.

The board/owner isn't going anywhere. We've tried to get rid of our board for the best part of the last decade and that has never worked.

He had the team playing the football you all want tonight for the vast majority of the game. Substitutions aside, people calling him a coward are either very disappointed with the result or blind to what is happening in front of them. We tried to outpass them but it didn't work. Hopefully we'll keep trying.

Substitutions were f***ing bad mind. Nevertheless he scored loads of points with me tonight rather than losing any.

Even though we played better football (When losing) I can't look past them Substitutions, it's mental really

He had the team playing the football you all want tonight for the vast majority of the game. Substitutions aside, people calling him a coward are either very disappointed with the result or blind to what is happening in front of them. We tried to outpass them but it didn't work. Hopefully we'll keep trying.

Substitutions were fucking bad mind. Nevertheless he scored loads of points with me tonight rather than losing any.

He didn't have the team playing football, most of it was improvisation by the players themselves. The only thing he has to do is pick a balanced first 11 and it's the one thing he seems incapable of. 4-3-3 doesn't mean picking two centre forwards and playing one of them on the wing for those still wondering why it never looks quite right.

I think we seemed to play better as they were unbelievably deep. Essentially, they were doing an 'us', trying to preserve their lead and we had a lot of time on the ball as a consequence. Let's not kid anyone, our attacks culminated in us floating balls into the box, which was too easy for them.

Substitutions were fucking bad mind. Nevertheless he scored loads of points with me tonight rather than losing any.

Yeah and we suck and it because the coaching sucks.

Well hopefully we'll keep coaching them to pass so we don't suck. You know, like we did for a while last year.

Well hopefully we'll keep coaching them to pass so we don't suck. You know, like we did for a while last year.

Not gonna happen cos the manager sucks.

Substitutions were f***ing bad mind. Nevertheless he scored loads of points with me tonight rather than losing any.

He didn't have the team playing football, most of it was improvisation by the players themselves. The only thing he has to do is pick a balanced first 11 and it's the one thing he seems incapable of. 4-3-3 doesn't mean picking two centre forwards and playing one of them on the wing for those still wondering why it never looks quite right.

I bet he'll make sure that doesn't happen again. I said hooof Vurnon, hooof the ball, how dare you pass to a team mate.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Nail on head, 'polic.

Taking Ben Arfa off for Shola was disturbing, but all in all we looked much more fluid than we have done, and even almost scored from a couple of corners, so he's trying to change things. I just hope he doesn't shit himself and revert to type once we're tanked off City.

I bet he'll make sure that doesn't happen again. I said hooof Vurnon, hooof the ball, how dare you pass to a team mate.

He hasn't even got the balls to stick to a hoofball system. He's like Sam Allardyce without the conviction.

His substitutions absolutely ruined us IMO, get the point you're trying to get across though, we started more or less what the masses wanted and played passing-ish football but we still not good enough.

We played excellent passing football pretty much from start to finish. If we didn't have such a hard run of fixtures coming up I'd be really bullish. Unfortunately we do. Why we were persevering with the hoof ball for so long I don't know.

Agree with that really, was a lot more positive. Still had players playing in silly areas though and still made silly decisions. He's out of his depth with a team like this imo.

Mature replies, cheers.

One day a week working on hurting the opposition is pathetic, we spend 4 days a week trying to defend and look how well that's worked out.  Pardew is clueless, if our fortunes are going to change it will be in spite of him, not because of him.  Starting Jonas was crazy and I like Jonas as a person but he's not half the player that he once was.  It's not even a case of his legs going, he's only 29 but his game has gone so far backwards he offers nothing going forward.

He's lost the plot.

Our only plan seems to be to keep the ball in the final third and hope that a moment of individual brilliance notches a goal. We don't play as a team any more, we don't have a plan to target certain teams in certain areas, we fucking launch it from most areas of the park, our movement is dreadful, our passing is sloppy and wasteful, the subs he makes have no influence on the game, our defence are all over the place, we have zero threat from set pieces and yet cant defend them and the manager makes excuses every game rather than accept any blame himself.

The sooner he fucks off the better. It's going to happen eventually, it's already gone beyond what he's capable of repairing.

Can anyone explain to me how we spend the vast majority of our coaching sessions on defensive work yet still defend a set piece so badly for their second goal while never looking like scoring from one in a month of Sundays?

He hasn't even got the balls to stick to a hoofball system. He's like Sam Allardyce without the conviction.

:) The sad reality and predicament we find ourselves in. Having to constantly bring Shola in to try and get something just stinks of desperation and yet it has happened in just about every game, depressing, utterly depressing to have to watch players like that and a Manager who actually thinks they can do a job

Yet how many clear cut chances have we created?

Guest firetotheworks

His substitutions absolutely ruined us IMO, get the point you're trying to get across though, we started more or less what the masses wanted and played passing-ish football but we still not good enough.

We played excellent passing football pretty much from start to finish. If we didn't have such a hard run of fixtures coming up I'd be really bullish. Unfortunately we do. Why we were persevering with the hoof ball for so long I don't know.

Howeh...

He's lost the plot.

Our only plan seems to be to keep the ball in the final third and hope that a moment of individual brilliance notches a goal. We don't play as a team any more, we don't have a plan to target certain teams in certain areas, we fucking launch it from most areas of the park, our movement is dreadful, our passing is sloppy and wasteful, the subs he makes have no influence on the game, our defence are all over the place, we have zero threat from set pieces and yet cant defend them and the manager makes excuses every game rather than accept any blame himself.

The sooner he fucks off the better. It's going to happen eventually, it's already gone beyond what he's capable of repairing.

:clap:

Yet how many clear cut chances have we created?

More like, when was the last time we've properly cut anyone open, the way teams like Fulham/WBA/Wigan do to us regularly?