Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest malandro

N'Zogbia and Solano did fine in 2005-06.

Aye under Roeder.  Then what did Roeder do, buys Duff and plays him instead.

Sure it was Freddy that bought Duff iirc.

That was the crack at the time.

Guest malandro

Our passing was clearly more effective against Fulham than it has been in previous games, even when Shola came on.

We passed it short more but it wasn't effective.

N'Zogbia is quite good in creating, just a bit too selfish.

Milner on the other hand... :idiot2:

Jonas' game is purely based on stamina and pace. Once he lost them, he is finished. 

I feel sorry for him because he has done a huge lot of us and deserve huge credit, especially for covering our left backs.  However the time has come and he has to relegate to be a squad player instead of starting 11.

Guest tollemache

I'm a bit surprised Jonas has sustained a career as a winger rather than tending to play as a shuttling centre-mid, which is what he is clearly born to be. He's never offered any end product so having him playing as a winger with the nominal task of crossing (especially on his weaker foot), or cutting in to imitate someone who can shoot, has always seemed a bit daft for me. Left of centre in a 4-3-3 he comes into his own, dominating a huge area of the pitch with his work rate and setting up dangerous attacks with his runs through the middle before laying the ball off to more talented players. He's a natural carrilerro and one of the reasons Newcastle would appear to have the personnel for a 4-3-1-2 (Tiote and him either side of Cabaye with Ben Arfa in front of them).

In any case, what he's been doing out on the wing all his life I've no idea, let alone a left winger in a 4-4-2 with a right-footed fullback behind him.

I'm a bit surprised Jonas has sustained a career as a winger rather than tending to play as a shuttling centre-mid, which is what he is clearly born to be. He's never offered any end product so having him playing as a winger with the nominal task of crossing (especially on his weaker foot), or cutting in to imitate someone who can shoot, has always seemed a bit daft for me. Left of centre in a 4-3-3 he comes into his own, dominating a huge area of the pitch with his work rate and setting up dangerous attacks with his runs through the middle before laying the ball off to more talented players. He's a natural carrilerro and one of the reasons Newcastle would appear to have the personnel for a 4-3-1-2 (Tiote and him either side of Cabaye with Ben Arfa in front of them).

In any case, what he's been doing out on the wing all his life I've no idea, let alone a left winger in a 4-4-2 with a right-footed fullback behind him.

Needs a skinhead and some steroids.

Hello mate. :lol:

Guest tollemache

Hello mate. :lol:

I apologise in advance    :)

Question in his presser:

Even though the results haven't been coming, you've been consoled by the fact you have actually been creating chances?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/dowie.png

33 crosses away from home and 7 shots on target usually equates to 2 or 3 goals

The fact that only last month he suggested statistics were misleading aside, it is quite concerning that he seems to have such a simplistic view of attacking play, and thinks that more crosses = more goals.

Question in his presser:

Even though the results haven't been coming, you've been consoled by the fact you have actually been creating chances?

The fact that only last month he suggested statistics were misleading aside, it is quite concerning that he seems to have such a simplistic view of attacking play, and thinks that more crosses = more goals.

Are we expecting a 30-45% conversion rate from shots on target?

Plus the fact that Simmo could float in 500 crosses and we still wouldn't score from them.  Quality not quantity please.

Question in his presser:

How would you quantify chances or getting in positions to potentially create chances then, if asked?

Question in his presser:

How would you quantify chances or getting in positions to potentially create chances then, if asked?

That's not the question he was asked.

Question in his presser:

That's not an answer to my question.

Question in his presser:

And one is the other but the other is not so which one is a swan?

Question in his presser:

Why are you asking that question? 

Guest bimpy474

Rather besumed myself by the fact that when Pardew sits down and watches the game again, he seem to see things in a very favourable light compared to the utter dogshit people with eyes that aren't fucked can see. He is striking me as rather mental tbh. I'm starting to hate the bloke with his spin and spew, i'm betting a bollock to a mushroom that he has media training, or bullshit speak and spell as i prefer to call it.

Wish he would just come and say " i hold my hands up that my tactics have been shit". Mind you when i look in the mirror i see Brad Pitt. You see what you want to see, bigger the ego, bigger the delusion.

"34 crosses and 7 shots on target away from home should get you close to a victory."

Now I like stats myself, sort of rely on them in a way, but I cannot fucking stand comments like that :lol:

The one from King Shola says "33 crosses away from home and 7 shots on target usually equates to 2 or 3 goals", yours says "34 crosses and 7 shots on target away from home should get you close to a victory."?

Are these quotes from the same sentence but being reported differently, or is he repeating himself and getting his stats wrong?