Alan Pardew

Dave

Taking off our two best forwards was pathetic.

I agree the Cisse one is a little weird, but if he had kept them both on and they did nowt for the rest of the game you can guarantee that people would have complained about not bringing fresh strikers on. Sometimes you just can't win

Seriously, he's got an absolutely mammoth job preparing the lads for that Arsenal game. All things included; the crushing victory and the injury to Anita - i can't see how that is going to do anything but absolutely crush morale.

I wouldn't say that at all. In my experience valiant defeats can be pretty good for morale in the medium-term, especially if you can point to specific things you did really well. I would hope that the players would now believe they have more chance of getting something from Arsenal, not less.

Seriously, he's got an absolutely mammoth job preparing the lads for that Arsenal game. All things included; the crushing victory and the injury to Anita - i can't see how that is going to do anything but absolutely crush morale.

You would hope that we can take positives into the Arsenal match from today but it'll be tough, it hardly helps that the cheating fuckers have had a massive rest either, where as we've just put in our most energetic performance of the season.

I wouldn't say that at all. In my experience valiant defeats can be pretty good for morale in the medium-term, especially if you can point to specific things you did really well. I would hope that the players would now believe they have more chance of getting something from Arsenal, not less.

They went to the absolute infinite degree and still got nowt, because certain players aren't good enough. I see your point and i hope you're right, but i wouldn't begrudge the lads feeling sorry for themselves after that.

They went to the absolute infinite degree and still got nowt, because certain players aren't good enough. I see your point and i hope you're right, but i wouldn't begrudge the lads feeling sorry for themselves after that.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3xc4uVYO1r3l66z.gif

Seriously.

Guest bimpy474

Agree, but i might add. If he just tells the squad that Simpson and Williamson have been sent on loan to Gateshead, that might help a bit.

A point today wouldn't have made a huge difference to our league standing so hopefully people aren't too negative because i thought we were brilliant today considering how poor we have been this season. Unfortunately we crumbled under the Man Utd pressure as so many others have done.

I disagree with the "man u were crap anyone else would have beaten them" as we put them under so much pressure with our closing down and the system we were using was excellent.

Really thought he showed his strength of character today - we just went to the home of the best team in the country without 4 of our best team and had a right good go at the bastards, playing some lovely football and hitting the woodwork twice.

So disappointing to lose, but plenty to be pleased about.

We played exceptionally well today. Our marking and tracking of opposition players is woeful though. We are great at blocking and closing down players on the ball but don't seem to understand the other two important parts of defending.

Some really great passing and attacking football today though. Despite being berated Simpson played some fantastic crosses (also blew some simpler chances). I hope we are finally finding some attacking/passing consistency. Losing Anita will be a big blow.

Negative marks for taking Cisse off. Fancied him to get a second, he does need resting though worked like a horse all game.

Guest bimpy474

That said, who else can play now when Anita's injured as well? Tiote back?

Abeid.

Marv inside, Obertan on the winglet. I suppose.

I agree the Cisse one is a little weird, but if he had kept them both on and they did nowt for the rest of the game you can guarantee that people would have complained about not bringing fresh strikers on. Sometimes you just can't win

We were at our best going forward and it was our best form of attack, we surrendered that part of our game.  Nobody knows what would have happened if we’d kept at least one of Ba or Cisse on, I agree.

Tottenham playing two out and out wingers, two out and out strikers, and two in midfield. What is this sorcery?

At a guess, they work on that side of the game instead of spending 4 days on defending?

Is that all you've got to say, then? No credit for Pardew, let's just focus on the negatives. :lol: EDIT: backed up by the posts above me

Shame nee fucker bought you Prozac for Christmas.

Is that all you've got to say, then? No credit for Pardew, let's just focus on the negatives. :lol:

'Pathetic's a bit much because i could see his train of thought, but it was an absolutely pants decision - particularly Cisse for Sammy.

Tottenham playing two out and out wingers, two out and out strikers, and two in midfield. What is this sorcery?

At a guess, they work on that side of the game instead of spending 4 days on defending?

I think it's churlish to look for negatives today tbh - we played so well in very difficult circumstances and the manager has to take a big chunk of the credit for that IMO.

It wasn't a 'pants' decision at all. Sammy's shot trickles about four inches the other side and there's nee way you'd have said that. Fine margins.

I probably would have left Cisse on after his goal FWIW but Sammy did fine.

Guest palnese

Is that all you've got to say, then? No credit for Pardew, let's just focus on the negatives. :lol:

'Pathetic's a bit much because i could see his train of thought, but it was an absolutely pants decision - particularly Cisse for Sammy.

Sammy was 2cm away from scoring what could have been the winner.