Alan Pardew

Dave

Tbh, I can't complain about the recruitment strategy. We've got some fucking great players and for peanuts too. The problem atm, as I see it, lies squarely with Pardew and his failure to integrate these individuals into a decent footballing side. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can argue otherwise that we need a talented manager to manage this club - not just a man that can deliver results on the pitch, but someone that can 'manage' the owners as well.

Really? I think it's fundamentally flawed. The manager doesn't have enough input and the players aren't being bought for what they can bring to the team but what they can bring as a financial asset.

Example: Pardew clearly wanted to play 4-4-2 this season, our only signing was a midfielder who can only play in a central three.

This is a good point Wullie, but in a perfect world would you rather we signed players to suit Pardewball or got rid of the manager and got somebody who knows how to use Anita, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux etc?

Do you really need to ask me that? :lol:

But then you're just as likely to end up with a situation where New 4-3-3 Manager is bought a classic right winger who likes to cross and gets his boots covered in chalk just because he had a low release clause, and he still won't have a centre half because there weren't any going cheap.

Hope we get much needed bodies in and we'll see how it goes from there, but if that still doesn't address the shitty results, I don't see how getting rid can be any worse than sticking with him.

We'd need a foreign coach to get the best out of that lot, as the english ones simply don't make the grade.

If form doesn't improve in the next few games, it's only a matter of time before players are going to start losing confidence in him (if they haven't already). Some of the recent subs/tactics (Obertan subbed at Everton, going 4-4-2 after playing well 4-2-3-1) have been baffling me, so god knows what the players must be thinking.

Completely agree with comments made earlier today regarding instilling some confidence in the young players and his crap man management. His style and mentality is so negative when we don't have certain players available, this obvious lack of faith in the young players' ability to win playing football will come out in them no matter what sound bites he gives when in public. The lack of recognisable style is also unforgivable, what are we trying to achieve in the long run here?

He seems to have completely gotten muddled tactically of late too, losing the basics that he seemed to grasp in previous seasons. Playing long ball crap in a 4-3-3 with no runners, no movement and a useless lump of a striker? Make up your mind man, instead of constantly swapping and changing styles and shapes every 2 seconds.

I care that we lost today but I wouldn't be so annoyed if we'd actually given it a proper go, instead of letting fear take over and putting in an incredibly half-hearted performance as a consequence. They were like rabbits in headlights today, completely left hung out to dry by their boss.

Tbh, I can't complain about the recruitment strategy. We've got some fucking great players and for peanuts too. The problem atm, as I see it, lies squarely with Pardew and his failure to integrate these individuals into a decent footballing side. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can argue otherwise that we need a talented manager to manage this club - not just a man that can deliver results on the pitch, but someone that can 'manage' the owners as well.

Really? I think it's fundamentally flawed. The manager doesn't have enough input and the players aren't being bought for what they can bring to the team but what they can bring as a financial asset.

Example: Pardew clearly wanted to play 4-4-2 this season, our only signing was a midfielder who can only play in a central three.

This is a good point Wullie, but in a perfect world would you rather we signed players to suit Pardewball or got rid of the manager and got somebody who knows how to use Anita, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux etc?

But then you're just as likely to end up with a situation where New 4-3-3 Manager is bought a classic right winger who likes to cross and gets his boots covered in chalk just because he had a low release clause, and he still won't have a centre half because there weren't any going cheap.

Fine, but take that to the Ashley thread. In this one I really would like to discuss Pardew and what he's producing with what's at his disposal. Are you saying he didn't have enough money and squad strength made available to him to beat Brighton twice for two years running?

I think keep him  for the time being ( as sick as that makes me feel) and hopefully the returning players will see us through to survival and then he simply has to go. I will lose a lot of love for this club if he is our manager next season unless he somehow turns it around and we win every game for the remainder of this one.

Fine, but take that to the Ashley thread. In this one I really would like to discuss Pardew and what he's producing with what's at his disposal. Are you saying he didn't have enough money and squad strength made available to him to beat Brighton twice for two years running?

Am I saying that? :lol:

Er... no.

Er... no.

well what are you saying?

Er... no.

Exactly what I said, that the recruitment strategy is fundamentally flawed.

Er... no.

So are you complaining about the players we've bought in this recruitment strategy? Which ones would you rather we had not recruited?

Er... no.

So are you complaining about the players we've bought in this recruitment strategy? Which ones would you rather we had not recruited?

I'd rather we'd recruited a centre half and a right back before this month but we were too penny pinching. We could have the best manager in the world in place but he'd still have been having to manage with Williamson and Simpson all season.

Er... no.

I'd rather we'd recruited a centre half and a right back before this month but we were too penny pinching. We could have the best manager in the world in place but he'd still have been having to manage with Williamson and Simpson all season.

But we got beat today by a manager with players far worse than Simpson or Williamson. Which superstar did the Brighton manager have to call on? I won't mention his name because it obviously offends too many people here, but I doubt his chairman spends any more than ours.

Guest neesy111

A team beat what was basically 11 individuals today.  Not rocket science stuff, but I what are we doing in training to make us look like a team, only the mackems match I seen it and that again is the least you expect from that game.

Er... no.

But we got beat today by a manager with players far worse than Simpson or Williamson. Which superstar did the Brighton manager have to call on? I won't mention his name because it obviously offends too many people here, but I doubt his chairman spends any more than ours.

Yeah I think the issue stretches a bit further than today tbh.

Pardew's clearly doing an appalling job because being in a relegation battle, no away wins etc etc is shameful but don't kid yourself that with the players we've had missing (and more importantly, the players who've been forced to step in), the magnificent Gus Poyet - 9th in the laughable Championship, 4 home wins out of 13 games, that's less than Pardew btw - would have us battling for the Champions League spots. He beat Pardew last season too, then finished 10th. Woo! Get him in.

What Pardew has basically been telling us since about the start of December is we're not going to have a chance of winning unless he has his first choice 11 out there.

He kept alluding in his interviews to how we will be stronger after January etc. Scares the shit out of me.

Er... no.

Yeah I think the issue stretches a bit further than today tbh.

Pardew's clearly doing an appalling job because being in a relegation battle, no away wins etc etc is shameful but don't kid yourself that with the players we've had missing (and more importantly, the players who've been forced to step in), the magnificent Gus Poyet - 9th in the laughable Championship, 4 home wins out of 13 games, that's less than Pardew btw - would have us battling for the Champions League spots.

Wow...so now you're defending Pardew's record against Poyet despite the fact he's shagged us twice despite being a division below us and outplaying us with lesser players and a lesser budget?

Fine. I would suggest you recommend someone more to your liking. Go for it.

I couldn't give a toss about his record against Poyet. :lol: I'm more worried about his record against the other Premier League teams. What dd Poyet do when he came up against Kenny Dalglish in the next round last year? Oh yeah: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17001835

:lol: You're the one crowing for us to appoint a very average Championship manager. "He's better than Pardew" ffs. Wow! What credentials!

I couldn't give a toss about his record against Poyet. :lol: I'm more worried about his record against the other Premier League teams. What dd Poyet do when he came up against Kenny Dalglish in the next round last year? Oh yeah: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17001835

:lol: You're the one crowing for us to appoint a very average Championship manager. "He's better than Pardew" ffs. Wow! What credentials!

hahahaha  :laugh: