Alan Pardew

Dave

I find it strange how some people on here can actually defend this guy. Let look back a few months...

This guy was awarded "Manager of the year", and oh boy! has he lived up to the words the year. He started this season with vitually the same squad that ended 2011/2012 in 5th place. I'm sure Ashley made Pardew aware of the restricted policies he had to work under when he first was appointed. And if he for some reason didn't, I'm sure he became aware of his working conditions when he signed an 8-year contract (which in my opinion was 5 years too much).

Injuries happens all the time. It's not something new. A few years back in time (pre Ashley era) Newcastle were cursed with injuries. So to blame things on injuries does not make a good excuse for me, and Pardew should be well aware that most people look through his post-match comments. To me it seems like he has lost the dressing room.

This club is in such a bad form at the moment (look at the graphical stats in post above), and we have recently  lost our best goalscorer for peanuts, that I really fear for Newcastle's survival in the EPL.

For what it's worth, should we get relegated one more time under Ashley, I'd lose the last tiny hope I have of becoming a solid side under Ashley's ownership. God, I wish he'd sell up and that some filthy-rich Quatar Sheiks bought us.

Guest Big Al

I have just a simple question - how many more games AP has to lose in order to be relieved from his duties?

2 wins in 16 is a very close result to those registered by Derby and Mick's Mackems in their worst relegation seasons in PL.

5th place was a good achievement last year, it does not mean at all that he's guaranteed the job for a lifetime.

The common sense of the average football fan points that many of last year superb results were a result from lucky escapes and not due to a certain style, innovative training or motivation methods. For those who have thought the opposite - this season showed that AP's football management skills are very very poor. As it was shown in the past - just ask WHam, Charlton and Soton fans.

How many times is that he's used the word 'magic' ffs. Last time it was to be able to beat Southampton and Stoke iirc.

Amazes me we still have people defending him. He's basically saying every week that he has no idea what he's doing any more.

It's obvious to see why we did so well last season results wise, the man relies on individuals and without them he's clueless.

He needs players like Cabaye, Colo etc etc on the pitch every week other wise he can't get results as his whole idealogy is based around individuals.

When Santon said in the past that Pardew reminds him of Mourinho i'm beginning to understand what he meant..... it's the whole idea of individuals except Mourinho is so much better in every area possible but he does have a similar philosophy that its about individuals over team like say Guardiola is.

We will never go anywhere fast with Pardew at the helm and i'm confident our policy can ( when done right) make crap managers look good so if by some miracle we could get a good manager then we should go far with the players we acquire.

Shame i doubt it will ever happen.

Aye, we'd be just fine playing the "individuals over ideology" game if our individuals included Ronaldo, Alonso, Ozil, Modric, and Benzema.

Aye that's the thing :lol: which is something Pardew doesn't seem to understand or maybe even want to understand.

We need a manager who prioritises team work over the individual, not only would it make the difference between kids stepping up a lot smaller but it would also give our better players the platform to perform.

While we have a manager who prioritises individual over team we will go nowhere fast.

One thing is for certain, if we stay up and the club decide to stick with him for next season, this summer's lack of transfer activity must not be repeated. It fucking can't happen again. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, that was the start of all this. It was the Lee Bowyer summer all over again. Just everything about it was utter bollocks, and absolutely typical of the clueless cunts in charge at the top thinking they know better than anyone else including the manager. If there's to be any benefit from this season it has to be that they realise that resting on your laurels isn't good enough.

One thing is for certain, if we stay up and the club decide to stick with him for next season, this summer's lack of transfer activity must not be repeated. It f***ing can't happen again. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, that was the start of all this. It was the Lee Bowyer summer all over again. Just everything about it was utter bollocks, and absolutely typical of the clueless c***s in charge at the top thinking they know better than anyone else including the manager. If there's to be any benefit from this season it has to be that they realise that resting on your laurels isn't good enough.

:thup:

Guest Dontooner

Going on a holiday, hope he gets the sack before i am back ( It happened to Sam when i went on a holiday and it was a good one)

One thing is for certain, if we stay up and the club decide to stick with him for next season, this summer's lack of transfer activity must not be repeated. It f***ing can't happen again. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, that was the start of all this. It was the Lee Bowyer summer all over again. Just everything about it was utter bollocks, and absolutely typical of the clueless c***s in charge at the top thinking they know better than anyone else including the manager. If there's to be any benefit from this season it has to be that they realise that resting on your laurels isn't good enough.

See, it happening this summer IS it happening all over again. We learn nothing, we never do. Sure, there's different people in charge now but surely there's someone at the club who pointed that out.

Also, the year we went down was because we sold Given, N'Zogbia and Milner and completely failed to replace them with anyone of any quality whatsoever, and that was under Ashley's tenure. He's already demonstrated that he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

The public murmerings regarding his future will start tomorrow as the Brighton Fans were signing 'you're getting sacked in the morning' on numerous occasions at the match. The wider (i.e: Non-Local) press will certainly pick up on this imho.

See, it happening this summer IS it happening all over again. We learn nothing, we never do. Sure, there's different people in charge now but surely there's someone at the club who pointed that out.

Also, the year we went down was because we sold Given, N'Zogbia and Milner and completely failed to replace them with anyone of any quality whatsoever, and that was under Ashley's tenure. He's already demonstrated that he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

That wasnt the reason we went down at all to be honest

Even if we did buy a load of players Dave then it will just be something else. Can't really go anywhere with these clowns running the show, they know absolutely fuck all about football.

I disagree, this summer they thought they didn't need to do anything. They patted themselves on the back, relaxed and just expected history to repeat itself, with their amazing purple players all avoiding injury/suspension/lack of form/being bought out of stupid contracts. It was almost inevitable things would go to shit, and that's why many people like me were so disgusted by the summer whilst others weren't bothered. Some even lapped it up.

We have to remember that Pardew said he was 'happy' with the squad he had in the summer, so he can't be using that as an excuse anyway the cunt

Exactly right.

Well he was fucking lying, the smarmy arselicking wanker.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/jan/21/newsstory.sport12

"The reason we are not winning games is because we have not got our best players on the field; that is not an excuse it's a fact. People have to understand that. But we have no money to buy anyone so we have to soldier on with what we've got."

Was thinking earlier that his excuses were starting to remind me of Souness. Every thing is every one's fault except his.

We have to remember that Pardew said he was 'happy' with the squad he had in the summer, so he can't be using that as an excuse anyway the c***

Exactly right.

Well he was f***ing lying, the smarmy arselicking w*****.

:pardsgrin:

Even if we did buy a load of players Dave then it will just be something else. Can't really go anywhere with these clowns running the show, they know absolutely fuck all about football.

I disagree, this summer they thought they didn't need to do anything. They sat back and just expected history to repeat itself, with their amazing purple players all avoiding injury/suspension/lack of form/being bought out of stupid contracts. It was almost inevitable things would go to shit, and that's why many people like me were so disgusted by the summer whilst others weren't bothered.

I agree with all that, what I mean is that even if they get that bit right next time they will throw a spanner in the works with something else.

I disagree, this summer they thought they didn't need to do anything. They patted themselves on the back, relaxed and just expected history to repeat itself, with their amazing purple players all avoiding injury/suspension/lack of form/being bought out of stupid contracts. It was almost inevitable things would go to shit, and that's why many people like me were so disgusted by the summer whilst others weren't bothered. Some even lapped it up.

Be fair Dave, all our players had an extra year's experience.

More should be made in the press how utterly gash we are at set pieces. If you're a struggling team it's the first place you look for your goals as you're always going to get a few corners/FKs regardless of how good/bad you are. Fucking terrible man, I struggle to see what these cunts do in training.

One thing is for certain, if we stay up and the club decide to stick with him for next season, this summer's lack of transfer activity must not be repeated. It fucking can't happen again. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, that was the start of all this. It was the Lee Bowyer summer all over again. Just everything about it was utter bollocks, and absolutely typical of the clueless cunts in charge at the top thinking they know better than anyone else including the manager. If there's to be any benefit from this season it has to be that they realise that resting on your laurels isn't good enough.

What's more likely is that they will see our current squad as good enough to stay in the Premier League, so as you were for next season, with one or two new key players coming in and a few youngsters/cheap buys. Obviously we'll sell as well though so we'll just be in the same shit.

Who are we going to replace him with that will be better?  I'm honestly curious.  MA doesn't have a good track record of appointing managers really.

In MA's eyes, some "promising" young manager from the football league that is currently getting paid peanuts in comparison to what we could offer.  If we're having a sweep I'm picking Steve Davis from Crewe.

We have to remember that Pardew said he was 'happy' with the squad he had in the summer, so he can't be using that as an excuse anyway the cunt

Exactly right.

Well he was fucking lying, the smarmy arselicking wanker.

:lol: :thup: