Alan Pardew

Dave

Brighton played better football despite having Championship players.

Keep ignoring it.

I've seen this said a few times, but it's easier for them to stick with what they know. They play a style of football suited to their players at their level. Much easier to stick with what they know against a struggling team, where half of the team they were facing had probably started half a dozen games each all season.

Keep ignoring it.

I've seen this said a few times, but it's easier for them to stick with what they know. They play a style of football suited to their players at their level. Much easier to stick with what they know against a struggling team, where half of the team they were facing had probably started half a dozen games each all season.

That's not a bad attribute either.

I think that was kind of the point he was making - the manager can say "look Danny and Mike, I want us to play incisive passing football so when you get the ball can you please pass it first time in a precise manner to a nearby player wearing the same colour shirt" If Danny and Mike prove incapable of doing this, what is your next choice?

If a player doesn't do what he's told you don't play them and if it wasn't down to the manager, why did Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye who regularly attend training think it was down to the manager?

Who do you play there instead ? Is it Pardews fault we have no one to play instead of Williamson, we have tried Perch, Raylor, Tavernier and Simpson there, none of them have made any improvement.  Your reply would be valid if Pardew persisted with these players whilst keeping Debuchy and Taylor on the bench and lets be honest Taylor is still not the answer.

Do you have any idea how Poyet managed to get Brighton playing passing football despite having footballers who are Championship standard?

They're a highly inconsistent championship side, and have been for the duration of Poyet's tenure - I think you're barking up the wrong tree with him.

I agree we need a manager with the attributes you've quoted, but you've based your opinion on two games against us as opposed to his managerial record in full.

I have to agree with Mick's earlier post, think that really hit the nail on the head re our predicament. I'm quickly reaching breaking point, and have completely lost any enthusiasm for this season. The QPR game was one of the worst matches I've ever been to, and that's been followed by one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever witnessed yesterday. Also, the inevitably of the Everton loss was so galling its untrue - I really don't think Pardew has an idea what he's doing.

Look at the majority of managers of teams in the bottom half. Most of them have players who wouldn't get into our teams, yet they are able to perform in the premier league due to an understanding of the system and philosophy that their manager is employing. They seem to have a style fundamentally understood, and players know what they are doing. The majority of footballers are simple beasts and are able to play to their maximum if they understand what is being asked of them. Look at Wigan, most of their players are individually poor and wouldn't get anywhere near our team. However, they all seem to understand what they're doing and play some terrific football at times. Imagine what somebody like Martinez could do with our team? Similarly look at West Ham, Norwich and Fulham - they just look better organised than we do and appear to have a system that all of the players understand. Our lot look like they've never met each other before and that's the fault of the coaching staff. The injury excuse is bollocks for me, because they've looked like that for the duration of pardew's stewardship with the exception of 6/7 games from the end of last season.

Ideally I'd want to replace him, but I share everyone's concerns about the club's ability to replace him with anyone other than some cunt like Kinnear

I might well be barking up the wrong tree with Poyet, I don't watch them regularly, I'm just basing it on the two games I've watched against us where they've shown quite a few of the attributes I think are missing in our side. One thing I will say is that it's impossible to play good football without good movement off the ball and they had that in plenty which made their players look much better than their worth and made passing much easier as a result.

We need a manager who will bring these qualities into the side. It doesn't have to be Poyet, by all means give us some other alternatives.

same argument being made in pardew's defence should surely be made in poyet's no?  if his brighton side aren't tearing the table and are inconsistent then i'm sure he'd be able to point to the level of backing he's received in the same way pardew is using it to excuse failure

I agree, you don't play them. So, who plays instead?

Didn't know about the Ba, HBA and Cabaye thing - where's that from?

Who plays instead was what the summer transfer window was for.

As for the quotes from the players, Ben Arfa was from Le Parisien and the other 2 had a go on Canal+.

He can blame injuries but the team spirit has evaporated and he's become tactically conservative to the point of potentially dooming the club

Yeah it's completely gone, so much so that we showed absolutely no spirit or fight at either old trafford or the emirates. Have a word

Keep ignoring it.

That's not a bad attribute either.

They pressed and were positive which is not something exclusive to that level. I know what your saying in terms of approach in different leagues bu they had a hunger and a drive to press and hurt us going falling. All our approach achieved was let them by playing one forward away at Brighton and making cloggers like El-Habd look like Puyol passing it around at leisure. Pathetic stuff.

Guest bimpy474

He's useless and the football shows why, injuries or not, there is no reason to launch the ball every single time from 50 yards out. A tactic that has never worked once in 18 months.

It's just laughable. And is spoiling my life, i hope he's happy the sexy silver haired mature bastard.

So what is mrs. bimpy's take on the situation?

Sick of me being miserable about football tbh.

I think that was kind of the point he was making - the manager can say "look Danny and Mike, I want us to play incisive passing football so when you get the ball can you please pass it first time in a precise manner to a nearby player wearing the same colour shirt" If Danny and Mike prove incapable of doing this, what is your next choice?

If a player doesn't do what he's told you don't play them and if it wasn't down to the manager, why did Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye who regularly attend training think it was down to the manager?

Who do you play there instead ? Is it Pardews fault we have no one to play instead of Williamson, we have tried Perch, Raylor, Tavernier and Simpson there, none of them have made any improvement.  Your reply would be valid if Pardew persisted with these players whilst keeping Debuchy and Taylor on the bench and lets be honest Taylor is still not the answer.

Do you have any idea how Poyet managed to get Brighton playing passing football despite having footballers who are Championship standard?

They're a highly inconsistent championship side, and have been for the duration of Poyet's tenure - I think you're barking up the wrong tree with him.

I agree we need a manager with the attributes you've quoted, but you've based your opinion on two games against us as opposed to his managerial record in full.

I have to agree with Mick's earlier post, think that really hit the nail on the head re our predicament. I'm quickly reaching breaking point, and have completely lost any enthusiasm for this season. The QPR game was one of the worst matches I've ever been to, and that's been followed by one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever witnessed yesterday. Also, the inevitably of the Everton loss was so galling its untrue - I really don't think Pardew has an idea what he's doing.

Look at the majority of managers of teams in the bottom half. Most of them have players who wouldn't get into our teams, yet they are able to perform in the premier league due to an understanding of the system and philosophy that their manager is employing. They seem to have a style fundamentally understood, and players know what they are doing. The majority of footballers are simple beasts and are able to play to their maximum if they understand what is being asked of them. Look at Wigan, most of their players are individually poor and wouldn't get anywhere near our team. However, they all seem to understand what they're doing and play some terrific football at times. Imagine what somebody like Martinez could do with our team? Similarly look at West Ham, Norwich and Fulham - they just look better organised than we do and appear to have a system that all of the players understand. Our lot look like they've never met each other before and that's the fault of the coaching staff. The injury excuse is bollocks for me, because they've looked like that for the duration of pardew's stewardship with the exception of 6/7 games from the end of last season.

Ideally I'd want to replace him, but I share everyone's concerns about the club's ability to replace him with anyone other than some cunt like Kinnear

I might well be barking up the wrong tree with Poyet, I don't watch them regularly, I'm just basing it on the two games I've watched against us where they've shown quite a few of the attributes I think are missing in our side. One thing I will say is that it's impossible to play good football without good movement off the ball and they had that in plenty which made their players look much better than their worth and made passing much easier as a result.

We need a manager who will bring these qualities into the side. It doesn't have to be Poyet, by all means give us some other alternatives.

same argument being made in pardew's defence should surely be made in poyet's no?  if his brighton side aren't tearing the table and are inconsistent then i'm sure he'd be able to point to the level of backing he's received in the same way pardew is using it to excuse failure

I would like to know how much backing Poyet's had in the transfer market, but even that isn't the full story, or the fact that they are 10th in the championship as Wullie was quick to point out.

The main thing for me was they were doing the sort of things which we should be doing...and with mediocre players at that. That makes me think he could be a good fit for a premier club that needs a good organiser.

Yeah it's completely gone, so much so that we showed absolutely no spirit or fight at either old trafford or the emirates. Have a word

It wouldn't be the first time we've raised our game against the better teams.

Guest bimpy474

I would like to know how much backing Poyet's had in the transfer market, but even that isn't the full story, or the fact that they are 10th in the championship as Wullie was quick to point out.

The main thing for me was they were doing the sort of things which we should be doing...and with mediocre players at that. That makes me think he could be a good fit for a premier club that needs a good organiser.

Well they spent £2.2m on Mackell-Smith. Which for them is no mean feat.

Guest bimpy474

Laudraup talking about making loads of changes and still being able to win. He also mentions that he's made the squad players feel important..  What is this nonsense  :whistle:

Being a good manager who has a clue..... amazing isn't it?

Aye, ground breaking stuff. I do hope Pardew is watching this like :lol:

Laudraup talking about making loads of changes and still being able to win. He also mentions that he's made the squad players feel important..  What is this nonsense  :whistle:

Laudrup doesn't come from a lower league background so I would think he'll have a slightly more progressive view on how the game's played. Still unproven mind, but at least he doesn't need to change the whole way the team plays whenever he switches the players around. Because he knows how he wants his team to play I expect.

Guest bimpy474

Laudrup doesn't come from a lower league background so I would think he'll have a slightly more progressive view on how the game's played. Still unproven mind, but at least he doesn't need to change the whole way the team plays whenever he switches the players around. Because he knows how he wants his team to play I expect.

He buys players to fit his system, whereas we have no system and try to shoehorn players into whatever Pardew thinks might work.

The injuries we've suffered this season would have negatively impacted on any non-Man City/Chelsea side - they have been horrendous in fairness. We have regularly topped the Injury League table (http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php) but they have not been so bad that we should be in relegation danger.

This is Pardew having to lie in the bed he has made. He has had sufficient opportunity in his time here to instil a methodology, style and plan to our play. This has precisely FUCK ALL to do with second XI/squad quality. It's about a team identity, a team ethos.

We don't have one, because Pardew bought into his own hype last season - where he lived off the individual excellence of HBA, Cisse and Ba. He did not adequately develop as a manager as hoped.

This season, what ought to have happened is that when a player got injured, their replacement should have come in - they'd not be as good, but they'd understood the role they play in that team. Instead we face the situation (particularly yesterday) where we replaced eleven quality individuals who scraped results last season to hit fifth, with eleven fringe individuals.

Players coming back may improve the situation, but whether they'll come back quick enough, with enough desire and belief is another thing. Especially with time ticking and the fixtures we have left. We need a great motivator and a good coach to steer us away from relegation now. Pardew remains, as he ever was, a PR man who has no sense of accountability. I'd be surprised if he was even able to identify problems beyond injuries and Europa fixtures. He's going 'all in' on our Premier League status being cured by returning players/signings - even though we struggled to pick up points prior to this 'injury crisis'. He has no capability to play any other hand.

I'm probably not the first to say it but  GOD i wish we had Laudrup. Plays nice football, massive reputation, capable of finding bargains. Generally mint.

:weep:

Swansea have 3 games in 6-9 days, and from the interview he's looking forward to it.. Makes a change. Pardew has made me into such a negative twat these last few months. Fucking hate him now.

Guest bimpy474

I'm probably not the first to say it but  GOD i wish we had Laudrup. Plays nice football, massive reputation, capable of finding bargains. Generally mint.

:weep:

Swansea have 3 games in 6-9 days, and from the interview he's looking forward to it.. Makes a change. Pardew has made me into such a negative twat these last few months. Fucking hate him now.

Aye, a manager who is always negative surely has a negative effect on his team. I love Nigel Adkins for his enthusiasm, Pardew is such a spewy knob.

Guest bimpy474

I posted that and hadn't read the other pages  :facepalm: clearly people had already mentioned him lol

But yeah completely agree. I cant stand him anymore and I feel bad for it but I hate watching him on TV or any interviews. He's lost the plot. I HATE the football we play, I cant even criticise teams like Stoke anymore. We are far worse.

I'd get Laudrup in a heartbeat. would be a huge upgrade imo

:sadnod:

Guest bimpy474

I am by no means in the Pardew Out camp, but I was wondering this morning who we would go for if he is peddled? Given the system under which we expect a manager to operate surely the best option would be a foreign 'head coach' who is used to this sort of set up?

Come over and i'll pitch you up a tent, you will turn, you will turn. You will. :lol:

He can blame injuries but the team spirit has evaporated and he's become tactically conservative to the point of potentially dooming the club

No coincidense that Marv came in for an injured Jonas (everyone could see that should've happened months ago, except Pardew)