Alan Pardew

Dave

The point about Moyes is a great one and I've said on here before I think we're in for yo-yoing up and down the league for a few years, but that it will probably be worth it. And that the overall trend if we have stability and maintain our current transfer policy will be an upwards one.

If we maintain our current form we'll be relegated.

Guest tollemache

Gravesen, Yobo and Rooney were forces of nature

(having said that, I'm sure I remember some stat about their overall form without Rooney in the side being better)

Guest tollemache

The point about Moyes is a great one and I've said on here before I think we're in for yo-yoing up and down the league for a few years, but that it will probably be worth it. And that the overall trend if we have stability and maintain our current transfer policy will be an upwards one.

If we maintain our current form we'll be relegated.

I don't see how that has much of a bearing on my point. I don't think we will maintain it.

If I believed Pardew had anywhere near Moyes' ability, I'd be more patient with him.

Did you know at the time that Moyes was as good as he has proved to be or are you talking with the benefit of hindsight?  I don't think many, if any, picked Moyes out to be a potential star during the lean years.

Moyes was young when he was appointed, whereas Pardew was far more experienced and had a history of his teams going stale.

Pardew's really missed a trick by always forfeiting  the cups. Win a cup, any cup and he'lll buy himself years with the fans and probably the board too.

Does anyone seriously believe that Pardew forfeited the cup? What would be the point?

Pardew's really missed a trick by always forfeiting  the cups. Win a cup, any cup and he'lll buy himself years with the fans and probably the board too.

Does anyone seriously believe that Pardew forfeited the cup? What would be the point?

I do. Fewer fixtures, it's quite straightforward.

Guest neesy111

http://i.imgur.com/dBZhh.png

Not a chance Steve Watson was 23. :lol:

Appearances, dumbass. :lol:

:okay:

Surprised he played that much for them.

Has that ever really made a difference? I'm pretty sure the season we last got relegated we crashed out of the FA Cup early as well.

Guest neesy111

This.

I don't think that's the way things work, with any football club. The minute a manager is struggling, all past achievements go out the window. Ask Arsene.

Agreed. But I do think, we'll take the euros a little more seriously now, considering theres no chance of being back next year- without winning it

"winning it "

:okay:

Guest neesy111

How did he forfeit the cup? He fielded arguably the strongest side he could and sent them out to play the style of football we've played most of the season.

Brighton, like every other team we've played away from home this season, were just better.

Do you think for a minute Colo and Cisse were actually injured?

Guest Roger Kint

How did he forfeit the cup? He fielded arguably the strongest side he could and sent them out to play the style of football we've played most of the season.

Brighton, like every other team we've played away from home this season, were just better.

Imagine the slaughtering he would get if he played Colo & Cisse and they were then missing for Norwich.

They had niggling injuries. Why wouldn't you rest them?

Has that ever really made a difference? I'm pretty sure the season we last got relegated we crashed out of the FA Cup early as well.

When we got relegated I can't remember the club blaming it almost wholly on injuries and a lack of preparation time between matches.

A 3rd round replay would have taken place between crucial games against Norwich and Reading, with a 4th round match taking place between Reading and Villa.

He wants the time to get players fit, and to focus on stopping those free-scoring sides from playing. ;)

I don't know, and neither do you. I don't quite think resting 2 players is throwing away the cup though even if they were.

I can understand the thought process of not wanting to play a full strength side (again we pretty much put out what we could) but I still don't think he sent them out with the intention of getting beat and extending our shit run of form.

Guest tollemache

The point about Moyes is a great one

It's an awful point and I'm sick of reading it. There's ONE example of that working.

I don't have the time right now to go trawling for examples but are you suggesting that David Moyes is the only example of a club being rewarded for sticking with a manager through difficult times? Because it looks like that's what you're suggesting.

If I believed Pardew had anywhere near Moyes' ability, I'd be more patient with him.

Did you know at the time that Moyes was as good as he has proved to be or are you talking with the benefit of hindsight?  I don't think many, if any, picked Moyes out to be a potential star during the lean years.

Moyes (and Ferguson who is the other one usually rolled out to support this specious argument) had a record of success at their previous clubs which is why they were given the job.  What in Pardew's record suggests that he will turn this around and bring this club success?

I don't know, and neither do you. I don't quite think resting 2 players is throwing away the cup though even if they were.

I can understand the thought process of not wanting to play a full strength side (again we pretty much put out what we could) but I still don't think he sent them out with the intention of getting beat and extending our shit run of form.

Obviously I don't believe he sent them out to lose, that would be ridiculous. But considering the lack of impetus and urgency even from such a youthful side surely happy to get a chance, I would be stunned if the overriding instruction wasn't just to avoid injury. Pardew ignoring the fans at the full time whistle was the confirmation for me, he couldn't bear to face them IMO.

Moyes (and Ferguson who is the other one usually rolled out to support this specious argument) had a record of success at their previous clubs which is why they were given the job.  What in Pardew's record suggests that he will turn this around and bring this club success?

Moyes' record at Preston is very similar to what Pardew achieved with Reading and to a lesser extent West Ham.