Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest tollemache

That was to Dave. I've got to go I'm afraid, back on later.

I do enjoy this... Realise my take on it winds people up but in the main people on here argue very well so it's fun

:lol:  You're inventing an argument which doesn't exist.

It does now

Guest bimpy474

That was to Dave. I've got to go I'm afraid, back on later.

I do enjoy this... Realise my take on it winds people up but in the main people on here argue very well so it's fun

You are completely intitled to your views no matter how mental they actually are, and please continue, its fascinating to watch care in the commmunity in action  :p

Where I have stated they should just spend whatever it takes?

You clearly want the club to go under, like Portsmouth or Leeds.

Probs wasn't aimed at me but tbh I don't see where Dave insuated that either  :dontknow: FWIW I think that the debate on the club model is healthy. I like many seek a hallowed middle ground between austerity and spending. The downtrodden Lib Dems of football if you will.  :aww:

The club 'model' is a myth imo. The club is ran on the cheap with zero ambition, with any expenditure reduction designed to benefit Ashley more than the club, although they always tell us it's the other way round. We bought well last season then Llambias comes as if we've been doing it for years, making it up as he goes along.

Everyone harps on about the pro's of our policy, and indeed they are numerous, but the con's are clear aswell and they are in danger of sending us down (coupled with a manager running out of idea's)

The one's who back Ashley seem to push the debate that those who want cash spent are wanting some sort of Man City style spending. Not the case at all. Middle ground in the policy, not a complete stubbornness to exceed ever so slightly with the spending.

Guest bimpy474

did everyone catch the "Cabaye will be like a new signing" from Pardew?!

Its gone beyond ludicrous now. Its full blown farce

Tbf a lot of managers use that term, cliche central that like.

Yeah they do, but in our current situation and the fact we dont sign players that we need. I feel like its a stupid thign to say, naive at best, and insulting at worst

True, it isn't the most thoughtful thing to say. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over it though, and i hate Pardew tbh.

Guest bimpy474

The club 'model' is a myth imo. The club is ran on the cheap with zero ambition, with any expenditure reduction designed to benefit Ashley more than the club, although they always tell us it's the other way round.

Everyone harps on about the pro's of our policy, and indeed their are numerous, but the con's are clear aswell and they are in danger of sending us down (coupled with a manager running out of idea's)

The one's who back Ashley seem to push the debate that those who want cash spent are wanting some sort of Man City style spending. Not the case at all. Middle ground in the policy, not a complete stubbornness to exceed ever so slightly with the spending.

In no way am i sticking up for Ashley here. They have been willing to buy players, but only at their valuation, however commendable that appears, it shouldn't leave you weak, as it has us.

We aren't talking about going mental, but it looks like we have not signed players because the sellers want a million or so more.

The club 'model' is a myth imo. The club is ran on the cheap with zero ambition, with any expenditure reduction designed to benefit Ashley more than the club, although they always tell us it's the other way round.

Everyone harps on about the pro's of our policy, and indeed their are numerous, but the con's are clear aswell and they are in danger of sending us down (coupled with a manager running out of idea's)

In know way am i sticking up for Ashley here. They have been willing to buy players, but only at their valuation, however commendable that appears, it shouldn't leave you weak, as it has us.

We aren't talking about going mental, but it looks like we have not signed players because the sellers want a million or so more.

Aye. Most frustrating part of it.

Ashley and Llambias know f*** all about football, lets be honest. They are aided here by a renowned scout, and even with his help they are risking our status in this league by showing absolutely no middle ground.

The comment above regarding Leeds / Portsmouth is ridiculous and the point I alluded to earlier.

There's your black and white, either/or twitch again. I'll be looking out for that

Why don't you use your real name on here, Derek.

He's not Derek Llambias, I know him in real life. These arguments have relocated from my Facebook page to N-O. :lol:

Again, the right direction in your book just seems to be spending more money. And how many million do you think you'd recommend lashing out on getting a centre half over the line right

Oh come on tollemache, nobody expects us to spend absolute fortunes. You make it sound like we're all expecting an outlay of 30-40m. What people do expect is money spent to further the team to cover glaring weaknesses which have been there for all to see for ages. While they certainly bring in good players once signed the board's miserly approach to spending is actually harming the club's development. Given the players we sold and wages we cleared off the salary after last season, are you telling me they didn't have enough money to cough up the Debuchy money in the summer and money for a centre half? Norwich spent more money than us. We're two points off the relegation zone and the places we've dropped in the league will actually end up costing us money anyway. To me it's a false economy as well as a clear indication that there's basically very little ambition at all.

He's not Derek Llambias, I know him in real life. These arguments have relocated from my Facebook page to N-O. :lol:

You suffer him away from here?  You have my sympathy, you really do.  Can you take him back to Facebook and leave him?

Guest neesy111

So the only options are:

1. Run the club tight as f*** like Mike Ashley.

2. Run the club irresponsible as f*** like Freddy Shepherd.

Righto.

No. It comes down to whether you think Ashley is being tight as fuck, or merely sensible. "Tight as fuck" shouldn't come into it anyway; the club makes enough money to compete and if Ashley is running it responsibly within that budget, we will do ok.

Here's a question. If our scouting team are so talented and the considerations the club take when deciding to invest in a player so bulletproof, why don't the club trust them enough to put up the requisite money in the transfer market?

We allegedly wanted Debuchy, a centre half and a striker in the summer, but wouldn't spend the money required to get any of them. As a direct result of this (and the manager agrees) we're two points above the relegation zone over halfway through the season, after finishing 5th last time out.

I genuinely believed the Cisse signing was a sign that we were prepared to move in the right direction. Not simply because he cost more, but because we were already doing well. The summer showed once again that they value money in the bank over results on the pitch. It's the same reason that we're willing to jeopardise up to nine massively important points in January by continuing to play Williamson when he's not been good enough all season, and continuing to go without a replacement for our top scorer who's been widely expected to leave for months thanks to a clause we had no control over.

:clap:

Again, the right direction in your book just seems to be spending more money. And how many million do you think you'd recommend lashing out on getting a centre half over the line right

Oh come on tollemache, nobody expects us to spend absolute fortunes. You make it sound like we're all expecting an outlay of 30-40m. What people do expect is money spent to further the team to cover glaring weaknesses which have been there for all to see for ages. While they certainly bring in good players once signed the board's miserly approach to spending is actually harming the club's development. Given the players we sold and wages we cleared off the salary after last season, are you telling me they didn't have enough money to cough up the Debuchy money in the summer and money for a centre half? Norwich spent more money than us. We're two points off the relegation zone and the places we've dropped in the league will actually end up costing us money anyway. To me it's a false economy as well as a clear indication that there's basically very little ambition at all.

:thup:

So you didn't read it. Okay, never mind.

:lol:

Doesn't look like it.

Should be a politician this guy, the amount of spin he puts on every post is astonishing. The swerve from questions is just as admirable.

You suffer him away from here?  You have my sympathy, you really do.  Can you take him back to Facebook and leave him?

:lol: We don't know each other that well and have never spoken football in real life as far as I can recall. He's been a good lad every time I've met him like. :lol:

Guest Wally_McFool

[

We just bought France's first choice right back? In what sense are we not competing in the marketplace? If you mean we're not splashing the same cash as clubs in stronger positions than us, not paying whatever it takes to get our targets, then you do not want the best for the club and you should consider lobbying for the return of effing Freddie Shepherd

Fuck off Derek, Arsenal have Frances first choice right back.  :p

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/10/alan-pardew-warns-newcastle

Alan Pardew warns Newcastle's young players they must work harder

• Newcastle manager had hoped for more from fringe players

• 'They have not produced what I want them to produce'

Louise Taylor

The Guardian, Thursday 10 January 2013 22.00 GMT

Alan Pardew has warned some of his younger players that they need to shape up or face being shipped out this summer. After an awful run of nine defeats in the past 11 Premier League games, Newcastle United's manager has been questioning himself and his methods and now acknowledges he has possibly placed too much faith in the club's youngsters.

Although he could not have forecast the debilitating series of injuries which have all but ruined Newcastle's season, Pardew had hoped for much more from first-team fringe players including Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier, Romain Amalfitano and Mehdi Abeid.

"The younger players have not produced what I want them to produce," conceded Pardew whose side travel to Carrow Road to meet a Norwich City team managed by his predecessor Chris Hughton on Saturday. "They're going to have to work harder or they are going to have to leave this football club.

"With one or two, the work ethic needs to improve. It's very important they work hard and try to improve. I've tried to kick a couple up the bum in terms of the responsibility they have here. I can't even begin to explain the frustration. The trust we built up with the fans last season has started to erode away and we need to repair that. It's been very frustrating."

Under Mike Ashley's cost-conscious ownership, Newcastle have a policy of not signing professionals over the age of 26 other than in exceptional circumstances and believe that the majority of first XI cover players should be 21 and under.

Now, though, they arguably have reason to regret offloading experienced, effective second-stringers such as Leon Best and Peter Lovenkrands at the end of last season.

"We're going to have some tough decisions in the summer," said Pardew, potentially the principal victim of the club's bold youth philosophy. "We've got 17 league games and at least two in the Europa League to go and I'll need a lot of questions answered about what I think is under the first team here. At the moment, what's been underneath hasn't produced as I hoped it would."

Along the way one of football's more self-confident characters has succumbed to a few inner doubts. "You lose confidence in terms of faith in what you're doing to some degree, but you have to stay strong," said Pardew whose severely under-strength side were knocked out of the FA Cup at Brighton on Saturday.

The manager is keen to show he is striving to put things right. "I keep a record of everything I do, every single training session is logged and I look back at my diaries to see exactly what we were doing when things were going well," he said.

He is preparing for the Norwich game by chatting individually to players and providing them with personalised presentations including DVD analysis of their strengths and weaknesses, highlighting ways in which they can do better. While Davide Santon, who has been excellent overall this season but succumbed to tiredness against Brighton, has received a supportive arm around the shoulder, others have heard harsh words.

"I do worry about putting too much information into the players, though," said Newcastle's manager whose board continues to pursue a number of transfer targets as it seeks to sign a striker to replace Demba Ba and defensive reinforcements this month. "We need to show desire on the pitch but we don't want to push players over the edge."

Although the hamstrung Hatem Ben Arfa, Newcastle's most gifted individual, is undergoing rehabilitation in Clairefontaine and will not reappear until next month, Pardew hopes the imminent return of his playmaker Yohan Cabaye – who should be on the bench at Norwich – will raise morale. Meanwhile Cabaye's France international team-mate, Mathieu Débuchy should make his debut on Saturday.

Much is expected from the right-back newly arrived from Lille but Pardew counsels caution. "Débuchy will get a shock," he warned. "He needs to get the speed of the Premier League. If you're a right-back in France you can pass it back to the centre-back and read a book and still make a pass. You can't do that in England."