Alan Pardew

Dave

Jesus Christ, Pardew, do you really think public shaming is the best way to get these kids motivated? He's lost it, man.

Poor man management I think. Deserves a lot of praise for last season but early this season we had decent teamsheets available and the tactics just weren't working. I still think most of our problems this season have been out of Pardew's hands though and I give him the benefit of the doubt right now for that reason. I think any manager would have struggled this season with the problems we've had. His comments are aimed more at protecting himself and also seem to be a subtle swipe at the boardroom.

Jesus Christ, Pardew, do you really think public shaming is the best way to get these kids motivated? He's lost it, man.

Poor man management I think. Deserves a lot of praise for last season but early this season we had decent teamsheets available and the tactics just weren't working. I still think most of our problems this season have been out of Pardew's hands though and I give him the benefit of the doubt right now for that reason. I think any manager would have struggled this season with the problems we've had. His comments are aimed more at protecting himself and also seem to be a subtle swipe at the boardroom.

There have been a few swipes directed at the boardroom in recent weeks by Pardew and he is getting less subtle as the weeks go by.  I don't think they will be impressed with that as surely his job description says he has to protect them and praise them at all times.  :whistle: :rolleyes:

Guest Roger Kint

I can't see anything wrong in that article.

Same here, some of the kids are not good enough to be regular PL performers in the future. Those that are Pardew has already said need loans to help them. If i was doing crap at work my boss wouldnt kiss my arse to sort me out.

Is it wrong to feel sorry for him? Imagine being in his shoes right now. Your best player has just left. Your tactics that once worked aren't working anymore. You cannot sign as much reinforcements. Games are just coming too thick and fast and many that you hardly have time to go full strength or plan tactics. And just when you sign a player to uplift the morale, your captain rocks the boat when it seemed to finally have peace and calm.

Would not be surprising if he breaks and resigns.

I can't blame Pardew for the boards inability to replace players and gaps in our squad which are there for all to see.

I can blame him for the wrong tactics at the start of the season which left us always on the back foot but in recent games the team seems to be playing better even if the results arent telling it. I hope that the board gets the message and gets the players we need so we can start to climb the table even if it means paying a bit extra to get them across the line.

Is it wrong to feel sorry for him? Imagine being in his shoes right now. Your best player has just left. Your tactics that once worked aren't working anymore. You cannot sign as much reinforcements. Games are just coming too thick and fast and many that you hardly have time to go full strength or plan tactics. And just when you sign a player to uplift the morale, your captain rocks the boat when it seemed to finally have peace and calm.

Would not be surprising if he breaks and resigns.

I think thats fair enough, but his overriding arrogance and patronising nature makes it tough to feel sorry for him. Imo he's the sort to be arrogant enough not to resign when he knows what is happening, we are sinking fast

I must say, he never seemed to be a man who knows how to bite humble pie. And in fact, I feel more sorry for him for the same reasons. Too determined to defy that he charges into the fire without thinking things through. He'll just never find a way out of our hole with that, and the circumstances just serve to add fuel to the fire. Pitiful enough case to be in, and an even more pitiful attitude to deal with it.

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair he does also say: "I need to lift the young players so if they do come back in they do a bit better."

Its not like he has called them all turboshit or owt.

I can blame him for the wrong tactics at the start of the season which left us always on the back foot

this is absolutely the right answer, he's solely responsible for pissing away the first half of the season and we're paying a massive price for that now

i think it's outwith his control and abilities to pull it back from where his direction steered us personally

I personally just think most of them are a shower of nothing. Sammy's attitude is wrong, the rest mostly seem OK in terms of effort when they've had chances.

What's wrong with Sammy's attitude'

Guest neesy111

I personally just think most of them are a shower of nothing. Sammy's attitude is wrong, the rest mostly seem OK in terms of effort when they've had chances.

What's wrong with Sammy's attitude'

He's very lazy.

Guest Roger Kint

The bloke needs full backing of the board if we are going to stay up this season, we have to get players in ASAP.

Damn right.

The bloke needs full backing of the board if we are going to stay up this season, we have to get players in ASAP.

:thup:

If he is as confident as he presents himself, it should hopefully be just a case of backing him fully.

I'm happy to keep this Colo business separate from my criticism of Pardew as a manager for now like.

I'm not. While I think Colo is bang out of order in asking for a move after penning a new deal, it's hardly a surprise players are getting disillusioned with our haphazard playing style and results. Ben Arfa will be next unless things change sooner rather than later.

I'm happy to keep this Colo business separate from my criticism of Pardew as a manager for now like.

I'm not. While I think Colo is bang out of order in asking for a move after penning a new deal, it's hardly a surprise players are getting disillusioned with our haphazard playing style and results. Ben Arfa will be next unless things change sooner rather than later.

It's like the players themselves have no influence whatsoever on the playing style, performances and results... :lol:

The players need to pull their socks up and start playing to their ability. Instead, our esteemed captain decides now would be a good time to declare he wants to leave. :frantic:

Once the players are on the pitch it's up to them to put a performance in, individual errors have cost us as has a massive injury list. I'm not sticking up for Pardew as he is accountable for our preperation but the players need to take a lot of the blame for recent performances.