Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder‏@lee_ryder

AP said he was chasing "three or four" targets in the remaining weeks of the window #nufc

Of which we will sign one if we are lucky.

Dont forget to be grateful to old Mikey boy though.

Pardew on SSN:

Couldn't fault application

Showed spirit in no uncertain terms

We have momentum now

Goalie was terrific

tough place to come

performed well

Debuchy rocky first 10 minutes

:spit:

Surprised he's getting so much grief after an away draw in such tricky circumstances.

Next week is huge mind.

I think people are pleased with a point the problem is the manner in which we went about it, yes be solid but we have to show some attacking intent. Low confidence or not we should be able to do the simple things right like pass, support each other.. But instead we just lobbed it cisse and hoped he done something with it.

Guest Dontooner

He should get sacked  after not trying to win today, its not like Norwich is Manchester.

Honestly even against QPR and Reading we wont nick a win with the tactics we are playing.

The scary thing for me, is that i scan the table and could not see a team that i feel confident we could beat now.(Maybe Villa)

Chasing 3 or 4 targets is a joke, tbh, as it means we're looking to sign one or two. You always look to sign more than you actually need.

We need 3 or 4 new players, so we SHOULD be chasing 10-12 targets IMO.

Hmm, I'm not sure we'll win them. The table looks awful though, we're definitively in the bottom group now, it's not even lingering mid/bottom half anymore.

I know the table looks rotten but we've reversed a massive slide today and I'm over the moon with that.  We're not going to go from being utterly s**** to even average from one game to the next without replacing the manager so we need to be patient.

Wonder where the optimism is coming from, personally i dont see any improvement on Pardew's Part. The lack of ideas going forward was always his weakness, the lack of cohesion in team play was his weakness...making the team hard to beat was his only merit (in terms of tactics). We are just reverting, would be play better and start climbing the table? Honestly i see no signs of that in the last 17 matches..

Well, at least we're back to being somewhat resilient defensively now, thanks to Jonas being in the team again. Everything depends on next week now - have we really bottomed out or are we going to be relegated this season?

The only times we look resilient defensively is when we defend really deep with all the attackers defending as well. Any team can do that, basically stick 10 men behind the ball, hoof a few long punts down the field and hope to nick one from somewhere.

That's why I was quite impressed with Brighton last week. Not only did they have good defensive discipline, they also had good movement off the ball in possession. Looks like some coaching and planning goes on down there.

Hmm, I'm not sure we'll win them. The table looks awful though, we're definitively in the bottom group now, it's not even lingering mid/bottom half anymore.

I know the table looks rotten but we've reversed a massive slide today and I'm over the moon with that.  We're not going to go from being utterly s**** to even average from one game to the next without replacing the manager so we need to be patient.

Wonder where the optimism is coming from, personally i dont see any improvement on Pardew's Part. The lack of ideas going forward was always his weakness, the lack of cohesion in team play was his weakness...making the team hard to beat was his only merit (in terms of tactics). We are just reverting, would be play better and start climbing the table? Honestly i see no signs of that in the last 17 matches..

Well, at least we're back to being somewhat resilient defensively now, thanks to Jonas being in the team again. Everything depends on next week now - have we really bottomed out or are we going to be relegated this season?

The only times we look resilient defensively is when we defend really deep with all the attackers defending as well. Any team can do that, basically stick 10 men behind the ball, hoof a few long punts down the field and hope to nick one from somewhere.

That's why I was quite impressed with Brighton last week. Not only did they have good defensive discipline, they also had good movement off the ball in possession. Looks like some coaching and planning goes on down there.

Sometimes I wonder how Pardew got his coaching qualifications in the first place. Don't you have to know these things to coach a premiership team?

Game was there to be won today, but he bottled it - set us up for the point. I'm disturbed as to how lacking in ideas and attacking play we are, as well as the lack of incoming transfers. Nevermind fannying about saying we are in for '3 or 4' - get them feckin signed!

In saying that, we all know what will happen. We will get to deadline day - a couple of loan deals and a cheap signing or two. The talk of Remy, etc is nothing more than BS to pacify the fans. Won't wash with me anymore.  Pardew is a coward and he has the look and sound of a man who knows he is running out of time. Ashley would sooner jettison him than us lot turn on the owner again.

Umpteenth time in saying this - but this is what happens when you have non-football men running the club. :(

Trying to battle relegation using relegation fodder tactics. What a buffoon. Hoofing to Cisse, ffs.

Detest the man's tactics and his approach to games. If he'd had some balls in September /October we wouldn't be in this position. Fuck sake.

Umpteenth time in saying this - but this is what happens when you have non-football men running the club. :(

Horseplop. Citeh, Manure, Chelski, Ar*e all have non-football men running the club but they are all prepared to spend big. The rest like Reading Scumderland, Villa  have the same non-footballing men  but aren't aren't prepared to invest... same as Cashley. The game has changed.. it's now a business/billionaires playground.

We didn't hoof it, we haven't hoofed it for a good while now.  Aside from when the ball goes to Williamshit.

We simply didn't play.  Either the players don't have the confidence to move or they we encouraged to keep their shape and not move.

When we have the ball, no players move forward or into space in any hurry to receive the ball.   

That is the story of our entire season.

Horseplop. Citeh, Manure, Chelski, Ar*e all have non-football men running the club but they are all prepared to spend big. The rest like Reading Scumderland, Villa  have the same non-footballing men  but aren't aren't prepared to invest... same as Cashley. The game has changed.. it's now a business/billionaires playground.

Those few teams you mention at the start are loaded with money, so any mistakes they make can be resolved by money.  Sea Chelsea for details.

Any mistakes we make seem to take half a season or a seaon to resolve.

Ive come to a conclusion with Decker and Ashley, they will not listen to anyones advice who have been in football.  They want to make there own way through this, making their own mistakes.

Guest bimpy474

We didn't hoof it, we haven't hoofed it for a good while now.  Aside from when the ball goes to Williamshit.

We simply didn't play.  Either the players don't have the confidence to move or they we encouraged to keep their shape.

When we are have the ball, no players move forward or into space in any hurry to receive the ball.   

That is the story of our entire season.

It's so rigid isn't it, the lack of movement of any purpose makes us look even worse. Well at home to Reading, no excuses for him now.