Alan Pardew

Dave

His half time team talk must have gone something like this:

'Right lads; thank god we got a goal. Now the most important thing is to keep shape, not take risks and weather the (non-existent) pressure. Don't take risks and put in lots of tackles.'

That's what he values and embodies. We need a manger who can tell the individuals capable of 'magic' to feel valued and hungry.

'These are there to put to the sword. Yohan keep it up, you're back to your best and keep threading those passes. Marv keep making those jinking runs, you're taking the p*ss out there. Gabby I'm going to bring you late on and leave that tortoise of a full back for dead. Let's keep them on the back foot and take them to the cleaners.'

That's man management; that's where your fight will come from. He can wear his suits, his slick partings and come up with all the wanky dossier speel he likes; its all big hat and no cattle. I'd bet every penny I own he's never said anything resembling the second example to those players who, despite a contingent who are arguably upper championship/mediocre players, are fully capable of making a good go of this league. The man is a charlatan and a coward; any owner who cared about survival, this club and not claiming his stake back (I fear) would have had him out on his slimy arse the minute ET was over. So infuriated and it gets worse the more smarm and nonsense I hear the cretin utter; whilst that fat cat above him shows complete apathy and negligence. Disgusting; a new yet not fully unexpected low.

I think he had his sub pre planned and stuck with it, regardless of what was happening on the pitch.

'Right lads; thank god we got a goal. Now the most important thing is to keep shape, not take risks and weather the (non-existent) pressure. Don't take risks and put in lots of tackles.'

That's what he values and embodies. We need a manger who can tell the individuals capable of 'magic' to feel valued and hungry.

'These are there to put to the sword. Yohan keep it up, you're back to your best and keep threading those passes. Marv keep making those jinking runs, you're taking the p*ss out there. Gabby I'm going to bring you late on and leave that tortoise of a full back for dead. Let's keep them on the back foot and take them to the cleaners.'

That's man management; that's where your fight will come from. He can wear his suits, his slick partings and come up with all the wanky dossier speel he likes; its all big hat and no cattle. I'd bet every penny I own he's never said anything resembling the second example to those players who, despite a contingent who are arguably upper championship/mediocre players, are fully capable of making a good go of this league. The man is a charlatan and a coward; any owner who cared about survival, this club and not claiming his stake back (I fear) would have had him out on his slimy arse the minute ET was over. So infuriated and it gets worse the more smarm and nonsense I hear the cretin utter; whilst that fat cat above him shows complete apathy and negligence. Disgusting; a new yet not fully unexpected low.

I think he had his sub pre planned and stuck with it, regardless of what was happening on the pitch.

Would not surprise me in the slightest gimp.

He had made his mind up well in advance that Marv would be replaced by Perch despite us playing well/decent and running the game.  The nob then had to take Cabaye off due to a slight knock and his lack of playing time due to a long term injury.

He was going to try and sit on a 1 -0 lead with more then 20 minutes on the clock.

Guest bimpy474

I hate the bastard as much as I hated Souness.

I think i hate him more, i hated Souness for selling decent players and buying absolute shit ones, and having the team playing shit.

This clown has been bought decent players and is playing far worse than Souness ever did.

Genuine question: why has Ashley not binned him yet? Even before yesterday there were plenty of reasons to get shot.

Referring back to Dave's post about back him or sack him (Pardew) I've come to the conclusion it will be the former. Ashley will probably try and buy the players which will keep us up rather than sack a mate. We'll just have to hope Pardew interferes as little as possible and let's the players work out how to win on their own initiative.

Guest bimpy474

He had made his mind up well in advance that Marv would be replaced by Perch despite us playing well/decent and running the game.  The nob then had to take Cabaye off due to a slight knock and his lack of playing time due to a long term injury.

He was going to try and sit on a 1 -0 lead with more then 20 minutes on the clock.

Think he already decided to hold the 1-0 at half time, even up to Marv's substitution we were playing with no ambition, and letting Reading have it, instead of going for it.

Bloke a fucking idiot.

There are teams in the world who can do that. Never happens to be an English team (in the CL for example, when Man Utd tried it sometimes) or for England.

Teams like Inter under Mourinho, I suppose they could have defended a 1-0 lead for hours. Italy of course.

We're not a team like that and it's good because normally we should play better football in order to win instead of just defending a 1-0 lead. Pardew has to get that.

There are teams in the world who can do that. Never happens to be an English team (in the CL for example, when Man Utd tried it sometimes) or for England.

Teams like Inter under Mourinho, I suppose they could have defended a 1-0 lead for hours. Italy of course.

We're not a team like that and it's good because normally we should play better football in order to win instead of just defending a 1-0 lead. Pardew has to get that.

He thinks we are, it worked a little last season in certain games, reading at home?  christ man

He thinks we are, it worked a little last season in certain games, reading at home?  christ man

Swansea away.. We won with some nice goals but my god, we basically spent 85 minutes defending.

Swansea away.. We won with some nice goals but my god, we basically spent 85 minutes defending.

Tactically Pardew played that one perfectly. The problem is when teams change it up or do something we weren't expecting, like try to score goals.

Cant argue with that one, we played the right tactics, let them have possesion then nail them when we get chances.

Tactically Pardew played that one perfectly. The problem is when teams change it up or do something we weren't expecting, like try to score goals.

Hmm maybe it was a bad example though I still think we gave them too much respect. Blackburn away is maybe a better one? I remember them battering us the whole game yet some how we won :lol: