Alan Pardew

Dave

tbh its a good show of faith in Pardew from the board (6 months late but better late than never)

Carr would have wanted these players if Pardew was here or not, and Ashley know now that we need players to excell(/stay up). Don't think it's got much to do with Pardew.

While i can't stand him now, the club comes first and if he gets the team playing then i'll happily eat humble pie.

Just get them playing good football and the results will come.

He almost certainly won't, getting better individuals will help him though.

Guest bimpy474

While i can't stand him now, the club comes first and if he gets the team playing then i'll happily eat humble pie.

Just get them playing good football and the results will come.

He almost certainly won't, getting better individuals will help him though.

Aye, can only hope it changes him.

With it looking increasingly likely that we'll have 3 new players in before Villa, does anyone think AP is going to change his negative style/tactics?

Reckon he's still in the job only because we want to lure the new players in. I think we'll have a new manager / Carver as caretaker from February.

Not likely. He'll be given the rest of the season with the improved squad he's been asking for,, then if we are still not getting results he'll be replaced in the summer I reckon.

With it looking increasingly likely that we'll have 3 new players in before Villa, does anyone think AP is going to change his negative style/tactics?

Reckon he's still in the job only because we want to lure the new players in. I think we'll have a new manager / Carver as caretaker from February.

Not likely. He'll be given the rest of the season with the improved squad he's been asking for,, then if we are still not getting results he'll be replaced in the summer I reckon.

There's a huge difference between getting results and playing the style of football that is going to suit the type of player we already have, and seem to be getting.

We all know Pardew is way out of his depth from a coaching and tactical perspective, and that's not going to change before the end of this season. We need to be looking for his replacement now.

My ideal scenario would be to sack him at the end of the window, but certainly at the end of the season whether he keeps us up or not. There's no place for Hoofball Pardew with this sqaud, and he's not going to be able to change or adapt his philosophy as some have suggested.

Hopefully Carr is whispering this in Fat Mike's shell like, and I see no reason why Carr can't recommend decent Continental coaches as well as decent footballers. There'd be plenty creaming their pants at the prospect of working with half the French National squad.

Guest malandro

They had to back him or sack him - looks like they've gone for the backing option, he has no more excuses now.

It's neither. They've clearly shat their pants after losing to Reading. We signed two players last year, now we are looking at buying five in a month. It's panic buying and we have to hope they've got it right.

Not sure it is panic buying tbh, pretty much all of these deals ( Gouffran aside) have been in place or trying to get done well before we lost to Reading.

Plus we have been tracking all those players for a while, so we know what we are getting. Maybe because of Reading we are moving more quickly but its not like we are just randomly picking at players to save us.

Homework was done and now it seems its all coming together.

How anyone can deny these are panic buys is beyond me. We should have brought in Debuchy and a centre half in the summer and arguably a back up striker. Imagine where we could have been if we started the season with the squad we are likely to have come February.

I'm hopeful there is enough quality there to see us through the current situation.

Guest bimpy474

With ten days or so left i dont think these can be classed as panic buys surely, and seeing as we have tracked most of them for a year or so.....

Guest bimpy474

Panic buys don't come about through proper scouting, we've got a great scouting team.

Aye, trying to buy N'Zog and Richardson like we've tried to do in previous windows, in the last hour is panic buying.